British Speedway Forum
Woz01

Coventry 2015

Looking at some of the other line ups, I can't see us being top 4 as weak in the 2nd string position but hopefully we will have an entertaining year.

• Like 1

Looking at some of the other line ups, I can't see us being top 4 as weak in the 2nd string position but hopefully we will have an entertaining year.

I think our reserves will get us in the top 4, just. Unless of course Jamrog is better than a 5.5 average which would be a boost.

• Like 2

I have to agree, think it will be a struggle to make the top four.

Regarding bigcatdiarys posts, don't forget that TWICE Mick Horton has left Peterborough in a precarious position. Mildenhall had to drop back to the NL after his involvement too and it took them years to get over his involvement. I think Mick means well and try hard but bites off more thna he can chew - we've seen it many times in his spell at Coventry.

Regarding bigcatdiarys posts, don't forget that TWICE Mick Horton has left Peterborough in a precarious position. Mildenhall had to drop back to the NL after his involvement too and it took them years to get over his involvement. I think Mick means well and try hard but bites off more thna he can chew - we've seen it many times in his spell at Coventry.

Thing is he keeps going, trying to make things work. His critics have usually done nothing. I find it odd that he is loathed at Peterborough, and initially also at Coventry. Since then he seems to have won a lot over at Coventry with what he has done, and the team he has built, but the usual critics keep following him around. There are a lot of plusses with him, but like everyone else he has his faults. I suppose his critics have them as well, but not on here of course. :shock::nono::D

Edited by Tsunami
  • Like 4

We all understand why he and others have no time for Horton. We don't need to hear it after every bit of news that comes out like rider signings.

• Like 7

We all understand why he and others have no time for Horton. We don't need to hear it after every bit of news that comes out like rider signings.

Oh come on Woz01, at least it gives us something to discuss otherwise the Poole thread would dominate the forum. :t:

I have no strong opinion about Horton but I am pleased that Coventry is still running. If he hadn't stepped in would we still be competing in the league?

• Like 3

Oh come on Woz01, at least it gives us something to discuss otherwise the Poole thread would dominate the forum. :t:

That's true I suppose. 👍

I have no strong opinion about Horton but I am pleased that Coventry is still running. If he hadn't stepped in would we still be competing in the league?

Probably to be fair, there was more than one interested party.

We look a fair bit short when you see Pooles line up. Their Pole comes in under 4, yet ours is 5.5 when we could have had nearly 7.

• Like 1

the poles not going to be at Cov long I bet he's gone before the end of April .and he has been about a while he's been round the pl and El looking for a place the last 2years

the poles not going to be at Cov long I bet he's gone before the end of April .and he has been about a while he's been round the pl and El looking for a place the last 2years

He scores well in Poland averaging more than Hans and Bomber which shows he has something about him. I think he deserves a chance at this level, he will have to average 5.5-6 to stay in the side which quite frankly he should do with the easier heats.

• Like 2

He scores well in Poland averaging more than Hans and Bomber which shows he has something about him. I think he deserves a chance at this level, he will have to average 5.5-6 to stay in the side which quite frankly he should do with the easier heats.

Thing is, he needs to average 6.5 to be an acceptable signing. Bridger and Woodward would have done that. I wonder if he's only declared as a temp signing for Woodward who'll come in once he's fit if it's going wrong?

Thing is, he needs to average 6.5 to be an acceptable signing. Bridger and Woodward would have done that. I wonder if he's only declared as a temp signing for Woodward who'll come in once he's fit if it's going wrong?

Thought did cross my mind when I initially heard it. Won't have a problem getting a visa so it's entirely possible. There will be other options as the season goes on aswell.

• Like 2

much negative about the team. please keep the faith I think we will be in the top four and hopefully a injury free season,The team building this year we had some bad luck on riders.