British Speedway Forum
Woz01

Coventry 2015

It would be good to be fair to bees fans for them to announce or at least watson to come on here to explain the exact ruling whether you can build to your team limit or it has to be a like for like replacement, i would suggest that as there is a guest restriction between the play off teams it is like for like but like a lot of rules it is open to interpretation

SR16.3.4.1 A 7-day window, prior to the scheduled date of the first EL Play-Offs will enable EL Clubs only to replace long-term Injured Riders, but not with Riders in other EL Team Declarations. NB. SR 16.3 does not apply but Riders must be fully licensed, have current Start Permission and be eligible to participate in UK Speedway.

watson

I have no idea why normal courtesy cannot be shown when posting on this forum.....

Regards

Neil

• Like 7

watson

I have no idea why normal courtesy cannot be shown when posting on this forum.....

Regards

Neil

Perhaps it's a Southern 'thing' Neil!

• Like 2

I don't think there is anything discourteous about referring to people by their surnames. It is common in certain circles,certainly when I went to school, although that was a very long time ago. We mainly refer to riders by their surnames and I am sure there is usually no discourtesy meant there. Likewise, public figures are often referred to in the press in a similar way.

If the complaint is about the lack of a capital letter then that seems rather pedantic when when most of us are not trained keyboard operators and/or, using phones or swipe keyboards.

Edited by Aces51

So, we have failed in a bid to land Woffinden. That's a damn shame

Of course we have

• Like 1

More riders now likely available after the Swedish playoffs semis last night..

• Like 1

More riders now likely available after the Swedish playoffs semis last night..

It won't happen

We have?

Of course we have

According to Peter Oakes, yes we have. He put it on Twitter today with a link to the story in the Daily Star.

• Like 1

SR16.3.4.1 A 7-day window, prior to the scheduled date of the first EL Play-Offs will enable EL Clubs only to replace long-term Injured Riders, but not with Riders in other EL Team Declarations. NB. SR 16.3 does not apply but Riders must be fully licensed, have current Start Permission and be eligible to participate in UK Speedway.

watson

Regards

Neil

Sorry for that Neil and thanks for reply but it still doesn't explain if it is like for like or you can use your total team limit for the new rider.

Bees have tried to sign several riders including Tai, Emil Dudek and Zmarzlik according to the daily star article and its not down to money just logistics. Maybe Dudek will be interested now Piraterna has been knocked out?

• Like 2

Bees have tried to sign several riders including Tai, Emil Dudek and Zmarzlik according to the daily star article and its not down to money just logistics. Maybe Dudek will be interested now Piraterna has been knocked out?

If that is true then you must be able to use your total team limit.

• Like 1

If that is true then you must be able to use your total team limit.

Yeah seems like it.

Has Horton tried more realistic targets? Fair play to him for going after a stellar signing but someone who knows Britain well can be just as beneficial.