British Speedway Forum
Woz01

Coventry 2015

Certainly very string rumours that Peterborough riders were owed money. Then Kenneth Hansen posted he was owed money on twitter so 2+2 = ?

Didn't think he ever scored 2+2? :P

• Like 3

Hansen was very poor this year but he still deserves to be paid what he was entitled to. Hopefully it will get sorted soon!

Edited by WembleyLion
  • Like 2

Hans couldn't have been owed anything otherwise he wouldn't have flown out to Los Angeles and back again for the final!! :D

Absolutely! Even though he shouldn't have flown out anyway!

• Like 1

So now we know the new rules for 2015, What would you like our top 5 to look like? (34point limit with only 2 riders over 7pts)

Andersen

Howarth

King

Michelsen

Harris

Would like a new number one ideally but can't see AJ riding for bees again . also with a higher limit would have liked kenni Larsen or Linus sundstrom as third heat leader but scuppered with the 2 over 7 rule.

Edited by naffer
  • Like 1

Not sure riders like Newman and Garrity should be back in the draft. Surely bees will have roynon now at reserve with being asset. Would prefer Auty if possible.

Not sure riders like Newman and Garrity should be back in the draft. Surely bees will have roynon now at reserve with being asset. Would prefer Auty if possible.

Hope we have Sarjeant protected as definitely want him back

• Like 1

so Newman and Garrity who are improving and younger shouldn't be in the draft but Roynon and Auty who have stagnated and won't get any better should be?

If the draft format is pretty much kept the same, and riders who are assets will be protected, we'll end up losing Garrity I suspect. Unless we snap him up as an asset. Poole, on the other hand, will be able to keep Newman.

I heard we let Auty go to Scunthorpe in exchange for some NL riders. Probably looked like a good idea at the time, but could end up biting us in the backside now. However, a rider who rides for a Friday track is no good to us anyway.

My prediction. We'll resign ourselves to the fact that we'll lose Garrity to a team who is ahead of us on the list and the rest of the cream of the crop will be snapped up, or are already assets of other clubs before we get the last pick. So would we be better off to simply declare Roynon as a protected asset and avoid losing out on him too? On the top of his game, Roynon is the best rider in that list anyway. I always felt that he was a better rider than Auty if he could stay fit. But there is the problem. He's looked a shadow of the rider he was since his awful injury at Brandon in the first meeting of 2013.

I suspect, if Poole go with Newman as their protected asset, we'll then get first pick of the second round. The irony is, we will have plenty of assets in the second round draft anyway (Jacobs, Sargeant and maybe even Greenwood) so could have our pick of the bunch. Will we go with Sargeant or Jacobs or take a stab on a rider who is not ours? I suppose we'll have to look and see who is on that list and whether there is any 'stand out' rider.

I suspect Garrity will end up at either Belle Vue or Wolves now. Both have picks after Leicester, which will be unsuitable for Garrity due to his Rye House commitments. He goes well at both tracks.

I suspect it will be Roynon and Sargeant simply due to continuity.

Edited by G the Bee
  • Like 1

Hope we have Sarjeant protected as definitely want him back

He was definitely looking good towards the end if last season and performed better than Garrity in the playoffs IMHO. Definitely one for the future if he continues to make progress.

• Like 3

I suspect it will be Roynon and Sargeant simply due to continuity.

I'd be content with that. May take Adam a while to settle and get going but then saying that he did alright for Peterborough at the end of last season. Main thing is he back on it for September. As for Sarj, he's done well this year, changing him for changes sake would be a bit silly IMO.

As for the 1-5, 2 of Cook, King or Mads for Hansen and Barker. So Hans, Bomber, Kyle and two of Cook, King and Mads.

Edited by SCB

Would Kyle Howarth be considered for the draft?

Really hoping not as we would then miss out on him. Far too good for the draft

• Like 1

I'd be content with that. May take Adam a while to settle and get going but then saying that he did alright for Peterborough at the end of last season. Main thing is he back on it for September. As for Sarj, he's done well this year, changing him for changes sake would be a bit silly IMO.

As for the 1-5, 2 of Cook, King or Mads for Hansen and Barker. So Hans, Bomber, Kyle and two of Cook, King and Mads.

My thought's exactly.

Andersen - 8.33

Harris - 7.49

Korneliussen - 5.95

King - 6.74

Howarth - 5.27

Under the limit by .22. Was unsure about Andersen. A rider who I have always liked but his form was awful at the end of the season. He went AWOL in the playoffs and I was shocked to read rumours that he had travelled to California before the second leg of the playoffs (has this been confirmed). What speedway rider with a UK club books a holiday before the end of October? I know the playoffs were put back a few times but this is always a possibility in October.

But Andersen aside, who else is out there? I still like the idea of bringing Jonsson back. We know he'd be an out and out number 1. I originally thought of this side:

Jonsson - 9.66

Harris - 7.49

King - 6.74

Howarth - 5.27

Covatti - 4.52

That side would be there or thereabouts. But I can't see it happening. AJ has been making noises about coming back, but even if he does, I still see him at Lakeside. Suspect Danny King will also end up there, simply because that's where he was at the end of last season. I originally put Summers in the side (who, if he is on his 2013 EL average, is on a steal average of under 5), but that would mean 3 double up riders, so I went with Covatti. I thought he was good value on 4 and a half.

Assuming King would come to Brandon, would the points we gain by having Jonsson instead of Hans offset the points we would lose by not having Mads (who is mustard at Brandon) and using Covatti. In my opinion, no. But I'm concerned that Andersen is on the slide and his form will drop at the business end of the season, like it did this year.

Edited by G the Bee

My thought's exactly.

Andersen - 8.33

Harris - 7.49

Korneliussen - 5.95

King - 6.74

Howarth - 5.27

Under the limit by .22. Was unsure about Andersen. A rider who I have always liked but his form was awful at the end of the season. He went AWOL in the playoffs and I was shocked to read rumours that he had travelled to California before the second leg of the playoffs (has this been confirmed). What speedway rider with a UK club books a holiday before the end of October? I know the playoffs were put back a few times but this is always a possibility in October.

But Andersen aside, who else is out there? I still like the idea of bringing Jonsson back. We know he'd be an out and out number 1. I originally thought of this side:

Jonsson - 9.66

Harris - 7.49

King - 6.74

Howarth - 5.27

Covatti - 4.52

That side would be there or thereabouts. But I can't see it happening. AJ has been making noises about coming back, but even if he does, I still see him at Lakeside. Suspect Danny King will also end up there, simply because that's where he was at the end of last season. I originally put Summers in the side (who, if he is on his 2013 EL average, is on a steal average of under 5), but that would mean 3 double up riders, so I went with Covatti. I thought he was good value on 4 and a half.

Assuming King would come to Brandon, would the points we gain by having Jonsson instead of Hans offset the points we would lose by not having Mads (who is mustard at Brandon) and using Covatti. In my opinion, no. But I'm concerned that Andersen is on the slide and his form will drop at the business end of the season, like it did this year.

Pawlicki is still our asset he could come into the mix imo

Really hoping not as we would then miss out on him. Far too good for the draft

missed a lot of meetings last year do we want that again as Workington own him can't see him changing pl clubs