British Speedway Forum
Woz01

Coventry 2015

Need to look at riders with the playoffs in mind. Big tracks, Kings Lynn, Swindon and Poole. Not convienced that Summers is the man for those occasions.!

Best to go for r/r for Robson. Garrity's extra rides will surely crock a few more opponents!! :mad:

At it again at Sheffield last night!!

Need to look at riders with the playoffs in mind. Big tracks, Kings Lynn, Swindon and Poole. Not convienced that Summers is the man for those occasions.!

And thats why I suggested, as a cheap option, Klindt. Not the ideal but he'd be ok. Would be nice to think the club would push the boat out and try for Buczkowski, Pedersen or Mikkel Michelsen.

Best to go for r/r for Robson. Garrity's extra rides will surely crock a few more opponents!! :mad:

Last night was he was taken out by another rider and lost it in the pits. If you're going to have a go, get it right ;) Must admit, I find it a tad hypocritical if Garrity is having a go at others for their riding technique.

Oh dear take it you weren't there. Garrity was taken out by another rider according to those that were there but don't let that ruin your dig at Jason 😴 whilst you are at it Skidder1, please can you list all the riders that have been out injured this year due to Garrity?

Think you should focus more on Newman's dirty moves. Wiped out poor injured Charles Wright

Edited by mdmc82
  • Like 1

Yes definitely, if we don't make a move we will regret it that's for sure. It's a shame Robbo has got injured but it now gives us reason to look at a change any costs will be recouped by wining the playoffs.

Oh dear take it you weren't there. Garrity was taken out by another rider according to those that were there but don't let that ruin your dig at Jason whilst you are at it Skidder1, please can you list all the riders that have been out injured this year due to Garrity?

Think you should focus more on Newman's dirty moves. Wiped out poor injured Charles Wright

Actually if you are referring to Wednesday, it was Starke rather than Newman, in heat 12 but the ref thought it was neither!!!

As for Garrity I was only going on comments from Rye House riders and the comments on the meeting thread about heat 4! :t:

Edited by Skidder1

So what did tonight's meeting tell us. Summers as we thought is certainly not the answer. Sargents form is a real concern. We need a good replacement for Robbo as its looking vital. Plus Andersen is still woeful at times!

The rest appears all good!! Great crowd tonight too!

Edited by Bees_Man

Brilliant crowd again tonight. Great to see the place packed.

Summers looked a different rider to his last visit. Was really off the pace which was a surprise.

With Robson due to be out for at least another 3 weeks, a 28day replacement would be the best way forward as guests could make us weaker.

Part of me still thinks Howarth would do well, although a 6pt rider would be better.

Hans may not always be scoring well but he was trying hard tonight, he tried everything in heat 13 but his bikes are letting him down.

Sarjeant's current form is a big concern. He's so low on confidence and doesn't look to be enjoying his speedway, just going through the motions. We know he has the talent. Let's hope the team and fans can give him lots of support as he's a key part of our team.

Actually if you are referring to Wednesday, it was Starke rather than Newman, in heat 12 but the ref thought it was neither!!!

As for Garrity I was only going on comments from Rye House riders and the comments on the meeting thread about heat 4! :t:

No it was heat 8 I was referring to where he was rightfully excluded. Photos clearly show he was to blame

Edited by mdmc82
  • Like 1

Summers was woeful and isn't the answer, his away form is rubbish especially on the bigger tracks.

Hans dropped too many silly points and just isn't quick enough anymore, has been on the downward spiral for a few seasons now

• Like 2

It's a sport ruled by decimal points but it must be a rare occasion for a team at the top of the table having the opportunity to strengthen up by 1.5 points.

It is unfortunate for the rider given the hook but we really should make a change to bolster our play off chances.

Kyle Howarth, Michelsen or agent Bjarne would be possibles I guess, but do we have the budget and desire to make a change.

• Like 1

Think they need that one change. As harsh on Robbo as it'll be, if they're serious about winning it needs to be done. We are nowhere near the class of Poole or even Swindon. We've just had a lot of luck along the way... Along with some great performances no doubt. But realistically we have been solidly beaten by Poole 3 times and we face 3 meetings against Swindon which they could win all 3 of.

One change will make us favourites. As it stands I put us down for 3rd.

• Like 4

I'd seriously look at Michelsen or Bjarne to be honest. In an ideal world I'd probably go for Buszkowski but not sure he'd come over.

• Like 1

woz01, on 01 Aug 2015 - 1:04 PM, said:woz01, on 01 Aug 2015 - 1:04 PM, said:

I'd seriously look at Michelsen or Bjarne to be honest. In an ideal world I'd probably go for Buszkowski but not sure he'd come over.

After the fines & lost revenue after losing the normally huge income from the biggest meeting of the season ,Poole at Brandon , have the Bees Promotion got the money to fund such riders ? Perhaps if they put say £1 on the entrance fee you could have one of the riders you wish for . I would be loyal to Robbo myself .

Edited by BANANAMAN

Think they need that one change. As harsh on Robbo as it'll be, if they're serious about winning it needs to be done. We are nowhere near the class of Poole or even Swindon. We've just had a lot of luck along the way... Along with some great performances no doubt. But realistically we have been solidly beaten by Poole 3 times and we face 3 meetings against Swindon which they could win all 3 of.

One change will make us favourites. As it stands I put us down for 3rd.

Haha you aren't the class of Swindon?! You are miles above us and will batter us in the reserve department every time we ride you. Yes you probably do need a change to keep the momentum going but we are nowhere near as good as you!

• Like 1

Haha you aren't the class of Swindon?! You are miles above us and will batter us in the reserve department every time we ride you. Yes you probably do need a change to keep the momentum going but we are nowhere near as good as you!

Cmon coomy miles better than swindon ?? Yes the bees have a big edge at reserve but your heat leaders make up for that . Second strings more or less equal i would say !! If the two teams met over 2 legs with full strength line ups it would be hard to call at present !! Put a gun to my head i would go with the robins !!

• Like 1