British Speedway Forum
Woz01

Coventry 2015

Jesus, that's a mixed bag....

Too expensive!

Thers a few I'd not touch with a barge pole personally. And some I think would do a great job at #2

Pawlickis average is too high, so expense is a moot point.

From that list

6.61 to play with so Nicolai would :P

Also Pedersen 6.55

Buczkowski 6.48

Michelsen 5.67

Howarth 5.76

Korneliusen 5.95

Pedersen is a no brainer. A pal of Adersens, may also help him along.

From that list

6.61 to play with so Nicolai would :P

Also Pedersen 6.55

Buczkowski 6.48

Michelsen 5.67

Howarth 5.76

Korneliusen 5.95

Pedersen is a no brainer. A pal of Adersens, may also help him along.

Yeh, I agree. You take Bjarne on....

Pedersen would be a dreadful signing, he's well past it now and didn't look remotely interested for Leicester.

The ideal would be a 6 pointer who earned that average as a heat leader, same situation as we had with Joonas, they should then get more than 6 as a second string.

Mads K would be my choice, I don't know what he's like around Poole but he's good at Coventry and has ridden for both Kings Lynn & Swindon so should be half decent around those tracks too.

Howarth would not be a bad shout, he did well for us last year, and would surely want to prove a point against Swindon too.

I would be very happy with either of those.

• Like 3

Howarth or Buckowski , the young Brit was definitely unfortunate to miss out at Swindon , if we had him still I would feel like we had a real chance , the pole is a fast rider and when called upon in recent world cups was not embarrassed with his efforts , either for me

Howarth or Buckowski , the young Brit was definitely unfortunate to miss out at Swindon , if we had him still I would feel like we had a real chance , the pole is a fast rider and when called upon in recent world cups was not embarrassed with his efforts , either for me

Howarth was great last year and I feel returning to Swindon was a step backwards as they failed to get the same out of him as Coventry & Havvy did last year.

Yeah I agree he would be an asset for any team , Zengota has proved his decision was the correct one with some sparkling scores , but it was unfortunate it came at the price of Howarth

michelsen would be best bet

forget agent bjarne

dont think mick would risk or want jepsen jensen again.....but he looks much better this year

• Like 1

I would prefer Korneliusen over Bjarne I wouldn't have that Poole Reject 😜

Mads has been crap this year. Be too risky, not worth the expense.

Pedersen would be a dreadful signing, he's well past it now and didn't look remotely interested for Leicester.

He'd be replacing Robbo who was never it to have passed it!! Also a past is Bjarne is better than a current Howarth. Of course Bjarne past it it, that's why we'd be signing him on 6.5 and not the 8 and 9 he has been in the past.

Don't girget as a second string he only has to beat Krczmar, Zengi, North, Gomolski, Bjerre, Porsing, Grajzonek and Fricke to score 6-8 points a meeting. He got 7.5 as a heat leader last year!!

The ideal would be a 6 pointer who earned that average as a heat leader, same situation as we had with Joonas, they should then get more than 6 as a second string.

So Bjarne then?! Lol

Id pick mikkel or MJJ personally.

Mads has been crap this year. Be too risky, not worth the expense.

He'd be replacing Robbo who was never it to have passed it!! Also a past is Bjarne is better than a current Howarth. Of course Bjarne past it it, that's why we'd be signing him on 6.5 and not the 8 and 9 he has been in the past.

Don't girget as a second string he only has to beat Krczmar, Zengi, North, Gomolski, Bjerre, Porsing, Grajzonek and Fricke to score 6-8 points a meeting. He got 7.5 as a heat leader last year!!

So Bjarne then?! Lol

Id pick mikkel or MJJ personally.

I just think he wouldn't be up for it SCB, I can't see him giving it 100% or even close to it, he looked like he couldn't be arsed for Leicester.

I would also say all of those prospective opponents you've listed there are better than Bjarne these days with the exception of Krczmar & Porsing.

Would love MJJ but I think we're being a bit hopeful there! I've only seen Mikkel for a handful of laps so don't know too much about him.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying he's he answer - his foreign scores are not exactly screaming "sign me" but he's better than we have now and would be better than no change. I'm not sure you can read too much into what happened at Leicester. A few riders have not given a crap there in recent times - including Mads!

MJJ is a pipe dream - I'd love him but then I'm a big fan (not quite KKS levels though!!). Mikkel Michelsen swap between second string and heatleader with Joonas last year, averaged about the same. So were talking Joonas' level but he also has youth on his side. What I've seen he's pretty steady and reliable - typical Danish rider tbh.

I wonder how viable it is to get Lakesise to drop Bech from their last meeting - at Brandon - and let him switch to us....

Edited by SCB

The sad thing is, whilst we can all see that a change or even a 28 day replacement to start with now Robson is injured would make us stronger. I very much doubt that the promotion/management will bring somebody in and make a change.

Other teams are strengthening whilst we will continue to do nothing with the spare points we have. I can unfortunately see them using guests such as Doolan, Summers & Heeps instead. 😕