British Speedway Forum
Woz01

Coventry 2015

Brilliant news with Bomber back as captain. I had a Friday night treat last night and watched the 2010 second leg final at Poole, what a fantastic night that was, Bomber really was incredible. I have to say I had forgotten about the role that Kasprzak played, especially being a Poole asset, its a shame his last spell with the club was so disappointing. So come on Mick, give us a surprise with a world class number one! Like Abbo says Emil would be a good choice.

• Like 1

Id pity any EL club that signed Kasprzak (barring Poole).

You dont want a rider who was nearly world champ! He may have had troubles in the past but he has never let poole down or coventry and was a vital cog in their 2010 win. I would have him back in a heartbeat Edited by foreverblue

Kaspraczak didn't let Coventry down? He let them down big time with several attrocious performances.

I know British clubs have had problems around commitment with Kasprzak but when he is in the zone he is indeed world class, he is a rider that can gate and come from the back, I think in the last year he seems to have upped his game to the highest level and was mostly consistent. In 2010 I recall he was released by Lakeside and joined Coventry, looking at the interviews and his riding he seemed to enjoy it and fitted in well. With the lack of top riders of true number one standing, perhaps he could be an option, although I accept he would not be a popular choice with some Coventry supporters, but how many contenders are there ?

Would KK want to ride in Britain though? His last spell for the Bees was awful and he was clearly not committed. His first spell here was excellent though.

Kaspraczak didn't let Coventry down? He let them down big time with several attrocious performances.

Not in 2010 he didnt nearly got a max at poole in the final

Like I said earlier in the thread they are in talks with Emil and I was shot down on here

Lol if it's true we couldn't afford to keep Howarth then don't think we would get Emil. Sure some fans would do a collection themselves to help if true.

Have a feeling it will be Hans which I don't mind but would mean stepping up to the job of a no 1

Lol if it's true we couldn't afford to keep Howarth then don't think we would get Emil. Sure some fans would do a collection themselves to help if true.

Have a feeling it will be Hans which I don't mind but would mean stepping up to the job of a no 1

I dont think it was that we couldn't afford Howarth. More likely that Swindon have bought him as an asset and as our future less than certain buying assets would be foolish. Anyway Howarth probably wants more EL meetings as if he did sign for the Bees he would miss at least several home meetings, that won't happen at Swindon or other EL clubs. Edited by woz01
  • Like 1

Id pity any EL club that signed Kasprzak (barring Poole).

I'd take KK at Belle Vue anyday. Was a brilliant number one for us and had just one bad meeting all year. It was a shame that Moron (no spelling mistake) focused on that meeting, ironically at Coventry, as opposed to the rest of the season.

Like I said earlier in the thread they are in talks with Emil and I was shot down on here

Source?

foreverblue, on 29 Nov 2014 - 09:56 AM, said:

You dont want a rider who was nearly world champ! He may have had troubles in the past but he has never let poole down or coventry and was a vital cog in their 2010 win. I would have him back in a heartbeat

He has had WAY to many issues in the past. Have you forgotten how many times he was sacked by clubs?

As stated he would be great for Poole but a big let down for any other team.

Couldn't care less where he finished in the world, he has little respect for the EL.

• Like 2

KK would always be welcome back at Poole and I think Coventry should looking at him as well, I don't think Hans is your answer he didn't look committed at all especially that flying back from the US for the PO's that to me was laughable.

• Like 1

KK would always be welcome back at Poole and I think Coventry should looking at him as well, I don't think Hans is your answer he didn't look committed at all especially that flying back from the US for the PO's that to me was laughable.

One minute you are saying Horyon is in talks with Emil then the next you are saying Bees should look at KK. Which is it?

Kasprzak has moved on so far in 2014 that he has along with Hancock, Pedersen and others realised that a less hectic race schedule and more stable fixture list is the way forward if you are to compete at the top level.

While these riders may miss out on a certain amount of wages from not riding in Britain, they are more relaxed, focused and geared up to ride in the other competitions that it makes up for this and in scoring a few points more in each can earn just as much as a nights racing in Britain, so they are no better or worse off.

Some like Fredrik Lindgren, Chris Holder and Chris Harris would rather ride more and have the hectic schedule but it doesn't usually help and in Holders case it's more a case of being race rusty and wanting to get in more race time.

Coventry did well after a poor start to the 2014 season and in the end proved to be one of the best around and that in part was down to the sudden improvement in Chris Harris and the development of Kyle Howarth but above all it was a very strong reserve partnership in Garrity and Sarjeant that made them play off finalists.

Howarth may be off to pastures new but they have done well (or rather fortunate) to get both fast track riders back for 2015 but things won't be the same next season as pretty much all eight starting teams have impressive reserves and even Poole with the outstanding Kyle Newman have improved now they have Paul Starke who was in my opinion was the best rider available in the second pick.

If Coventry are to keep progressing they will either have to have more strength at the top or have a more solid backbone in the middle and its the middle order they have improved and this looks the best option as there is very little around that will improve the top end and some teams would gladly swap places in having Bomber and Hans.

Would KK want to ride in Britain though? His last spell for the Bees was awful and he was clearly not committed. His first spell here was excellent though.

Unless he is in a Poole jacket he has hardly been bothered for quite a while now.

Some like Fredrik Lindgren, Chris Holder and Chris Harris would rather ride more and have the hectic schedule but it doesn't usually help

It didn't stop Woffy becoming world champ in 2013. So that is very debatable.

One minute you are saying Horyon is in talks with Emil then the next you are saying Bees should look at KK. Which is it?

As perhaps a backup plan if Emil falls through the net that is what I meant.

I never said Horyon was in talks with Emil I said they are as in Coventry Speedway.