British Speedway Forum
Woz01

Coventry 2015

I can't understand all the negativity about this team.

Last year's team was well received. Yet even assuming that our final two signings are Andersen and Summers, this side is better than last years.

Woodward for Hansen makes us stronger. I think that there could be more to come from him and the move away from Eastbourne could do him good.

King in the Fisher/Barker/RR/Jepsen Jensen position also makes us stronger. There won't be many better 3rd heat leaders this year.

Sure, if we've lost Howarth, that's a big loss, bearing in mind his end of season form. But Summers is on a nice attractive average and is usually good value at Brandon.

So we gain two and lose one.

Finally, I can't believe anyone would imply that a team with Bomber and Garrity in would be dull!

Two points Howarth has not signed for Workington it looks as though there's no room left for him there he has a fantastic average Mick Horton has done a great job so far I guess there should be some good news there. I reading local press that Danny King could be missing some Fridays who owns his contract Cov/Ipswich/Bspa interesting. I see good season despite usual pesimists. Horton doing great job!

In general terms I'm not a pessimist. In fact , quite the opposite!

I just look at the proposed team and think, Bomber and Garrity aside, I see no ambition, cheap signings, cheap team !

Edit..

We still might get to see an exciting signing that Mick Horton had promised us, I live in the vein hope and the rumour mill is wrong ...!

Edited by Jacques

Come on Jaques where is the weakness in the signings so far, I believe Cameron Woodward will be a good second string, the reserves are fantastic, Danny King, good signing, Bomber great servant, I see good things, I will be renewing the season tickets. Certain Howarth is the next, have to see the nimber1

Edited by abbo

Come on Jaques where is the weakness in the signings so far, I believe Cameron Woodward will be a good second string, the reserves are fantastic, Danny King, good signing, Bomber great servant, I see good things, I will be renewing the season tickets. Certain Howarth is the next, have to see the nimber1

It's Jacques :)

Did you read my post correctly? I don't have an issue with Bomber or Garrity in the realms of entertainment!

I don't have any issues with the individual riders either. It's the team building that's the problem for me, if SCB is to be believed!

You're certain Howarth is the next? I hope so.

I'm sure you will buy your season ticket for next year.Why? Because you do it every year, on year regardless of the team?

Won't be Howarth as there is nobody left to fill the 8.18 gap left. Hans is the only choice. Hans is clearly coming back, leaving a 5.1 gap.

Initially I wasn't impressed by the Woodward signing but having looked at his figures closer, he score a lot of bonus points at home to his home away split is about 7.1 vs 5.9 which isn't that bad. To get 5.9 away he only has to beat the 2 opposing second strings and to get 7 at home he has to do the same and beat a heat leader once. That'll get him 6.5. So as long as Danny can get 6.6 Cam should stay as second string all year. Looking at his scores (and going on what I remember of him( he seems to have a habit of having 1 good ride a meeting, if that ride can be one of the heats vs a heat leader then we could be laughing. I think Danny King is a solid enough signing, never had an issue with him and actually was in my preferred 1-7.

Lets also remember our team that made the play-off final had Barker/Fricke score a combined 4 points and Hansen something like 6 points over the 2 legs. Thats 10 points. Woodward and King should be doubling that. OK we may lose Howarths 19(?) and only get 10 or so over the same 2 legs from Summers but also, Poole need to lose 2 points so will in theory be weaker.

Unless the promotion go mad an signed a 3 pointer, we're going to build upto the limit, there are just not the rider out there for every other team to build to 34, there going to be a few teams a couple of points under the limit, maybe more if Kildemand doesn't sign for Swindon. I just don't see who Swindon, Leicester and Wolves can sign and be competitive. Or BV tbh - stay the same maybe?

Initially I wasn't impressed by the Woodward signing but having looked at his figures closer, he score a lot of bonus points at home to his home away split is about 7.1 vs 5.9 which isn't that bad. To get 5.9 away he only has to beat the 2 opposing second strings and to get 7 at home he has to do the same and beat a heat leader once. That'll get him 6.5. So as long as Danny can get 6.6 Cam should stay as second string all year. Looking at his scores (and going on what I remember of him( he seems to have a habit of having 1 good ride a meeting, if that ride can be one of the heats vs a heat leader then we could be laughing. I think Danny King is a solid enough signing, never had an issue with him and actually was in my preferred 1-7.

I think Woodward will do alright, he was a heat leader most of last season riding in a crap team that had virtually no away support and was expected to lose every away meeting. I think a change of scene and being in a team that's looking to win something will do him good, he will have easier rides at number 4 and if he gets dialled in to Brandon the way he did Eastbourne we will have a very good second string.

Hansen was absolutely dire last season, even getting beat by grade 2 reserves, Woodward will be a big improvement.

• Like 3

Just out of interest and no way a pointer,what would Summers elite average be? :wink:

Just out of interest and no way a pointer,what would Summers elite average be? :wink:

It's Jacques :)

Did you read my post correctly? I don't have an issue with Bomber or Garrity in the realms of entertainment!

I don't have any issues with the individual riders either. It's the team building that's the problem for me, if SCB is to be believed!

You're certain Howarth is the next? I hope so.

I'm sure you will buy your season ticket for next year.Why? Because you do it every year, on year regardless of the team?

Howarth has signed for Swindon. Incidentally, the Bees look good so far I reckon.

I think many will be concerned regarding anything a Horton is involved with

I see they have increased the entrance fee, will be £18 now

Yeah I kind of expected it but it's still wrong. Season tickets prices are reasonable though, saving 45 quid.

Any chance of Jason Doyle signing for Cov ?

Do a swap with Hans, I like that idea but I doubt it.

Edited by woz01

Seems high for a so called elite league and 15 minutes of racing!

Perhaps it's to cover for the announcement of our new no.1!

or that promoters are a bit out of touch and believe a decreasing standard of racing each year should equal an increase in price

• Like 1

Bee 26, on 02 Dec 2014 - 4:26 PM, said:Bee 26, on 02 Dec 2014 - 4:26 PM, said:

wonder if the Bees Promotion could have got Tai to change his mind & ride in the UK after all then ?

Edited by BANANAMAN