British Speedway Forum
Woz01

Coventry 2015

He isn't that great at Brandon either, it would be a strange signing. It will either be a new 5pt rider or either Summers/Robson

Didn't think Ozzy's could D/U this season?

Premier league probably a more viable watch for the fans this season IMO

The increase will be for a reason. Probably running cost (riders wages, other employees and rent of the stadium) and a slice for the promoter. Nothing wrong in that.

The increase will be for a reason. Probably running cost (riders wages, other employees and rent of the stadium) and a slice for the promoter. Nothing wrong in that.

You don't say ...I thought they done it for a laugh

Who owns andersen?

Boro / Rick Frost ..

Don't fancy paying £18 to see Summers either!

But you don't you pay to watch your side and the other riders. With that logic I paid 60 quid to watch Ales Dryml at Cardiff the other year!

I'm almost certain that a bigger increase would've happened last season if they didn't bring in the FTD. 21 quid for me, my daughter and son is still pretty good value for me. My missus is now banned from attending though 😄

• Like 2

Wouldn't fit anyway. Only way we could fit Howarth in is if by some miracle we can sign Kildemand. Other option would be Bjerre! 😕. It just has to be Andersen at 1.

Wednesday December 03, 2014

COVENTRY will again have top Danish international Hans Andersen as their No.1 for the 2015 Elite League season.

It will be a second successive campaign in Buildbase Bees colours for Andersen, who previously won titles with Peterborough and Swindon and played a major role in the team’s progress all the way to the Grand Final this year.

Andersen enjoyed a strong 2014 season for the Bees, maintaining his average in a tough new race format which saw several of the other top riders drop significantly, and his expertise on several away circuits was a big factor in their impressive results on the road.

His final figure of 8.33 placed him fourth in the rankings at the end of the season – behind only Niels-Kristian Iversen, Darcy Ward and Jason Doyle.

And his return next year also means he can continue what proved to be a remarkable race partnership with skipper Chris Harris.

The two combined for an incredible total of 36 5-1s during their heats together in the regular 2014 campaign, and their strike-rate of maximums at Brandon was greater than 50 per cent.

Promoter Mick Horton said: “We’re talking about true out-and-out No.1s who are currently riding in the Elite League, and they don’t come much better than Hans.

“I was speaking to him this morning and he knows he fell away a bit in the play-offs, but you look at his average over the season in a harder league when he was riding against the No.1, 3 and 5 in almost all of his races, and he’s the obvious choice for us.

“From our point of view we’ve signed the rider who finished fourth in the league averages last season and I’m really not sure what more we can expect from our No.1.

“He and Bomber lead by example and their partnership is amazing. They are two completely different riders who gel well together – there’s no point having two riders who go for the same lines, they complement each other perfectly and I’m sure we’ll reap the benefits again.”

Andersen’s return means the Bees have just one place to be filled to complete their line-up for 2015.

Team so far: Hans Andersen, Chris Harris, Danny King, Cameron Woodward, Jas

• Like 1

Pleased with the team so far - looks like we have strength in depth, which is often better than a top-heavy side.

King & Woodward should be more consistent than Barker & Hansen.

Think the teams looking good, its certainly stronger than the 2014 team . Think the team spirit last year was better than its been for a long time and I think it was down to Hans Andersen......Roll on March....