British Speedway Forum
Woz01

Coventry 2015

I like robbo just would like to see something different for a change

What if that team delivers the EL title - is that different enough for you?

Pirate Oliver, on 02 Jan 2015 - 11:55 PM, said:

Good news about Robbo he will do well for the Bees

That Coventry team does have solid look about it . If they ALL perform to their full potential its looks like being a good season at Brandon . Whatever a supporters view of Mick Horton is there is not a lot to moan about there !!!! ..Apart from the regular grumps who will find fault as always .......

• Like 1

That Coventry team does have solid look about it . If they ALL perform to their full potential its looks like being a good season at Brandon . Whatever a supporters view of Mick Horton is there is not a lot to moan about there !!!! ..Apart from the regular grumps who will find fault as always .......

If I have a moan it's that I like to see new young talent coming through the ranks and this year the Bees team will be 26 years older than last year! Cue Dad's Army theme...

• Like 2

What is the current situation regarding Coventry's future have not heard a dickie bird regarding this lately?

What is the current situation regarding Coventry's future have not heard a dickie bird regarding this lately?

Nothing new from and party involved.

speedybee, on 03 Jan 2015 - 12:18 PM, said:

If I have a moan it's that I like to see new young talent coming through the ranks and this year the Bees team will be 26 years older than last year! Cue Dad's Army theme...

Which youngsters were you hoping your club signed ? Howarth was wanted by Swindon & Max wants to ride for the Aces . Who were your choices of riders available to the Bees then ?

HANS ANDERSEN; 8.33; "He is one of the top averaging riders in 2014" Well this is 2015 and only Belle Vue (Zagar 8.29) and possibly Swindon have a lower averaging #1 now. His scores in 2014 were not that bad and won races in all but one meeting so he can still beat anyone but he did have last places in 12 meetings (15 races) also and just third in another 14 races.

CHRIS HARRIS; 7.49; Everyone loves Bomber in the league format and he starts with a higher average than recent seasons thanks to his end of season form where he scored well at most tracks but he has recently sacked his pit crew so what set ups will he have now ? Coventry are not the same without him and with good back up he should still score well.

DANIEL KING; 6.74; You have to go back to June last season to find his last double figure score in the Elite League despite having at least five rides in 8 meetings after that score. As a second string he is very good but when he is partnered with a rider with much the same ability it could hinder him which is why I think #5 could be a better option to let him ride his way more and partner Andersen twice going back to his Ipswich days together.

CAMERON WOODWARD; 6.32; Great team man and good signing to back up the top three and could become a heat leader here at some point. His scores away were not so impressive for Eastbourne and therefore as part of the opening duo with Andersen I feel he could be a trump card as Hans can be a great team rider and they could be a formidable pairing.

STUART ROBSON; 4.61; If Robbo can shake off his injuries from last season he will do a good job for Coventry but would be tempted to put him at #4 with Bomber at #3 so hopefully when he does struggle, Bomber can save the heat while in his other two rides Robbo is good enough to pick up points. Great to watch and on a track with plenty of dirt, his partnership with Bomber would be great to watch.

FAST TRACK; Great pairing in Garrity and Sarjeant with possibly only Poole and Swindon looking as good. Garrity has proved to be a match winner while Sarjeant got better and better as the season went on. It is harder now in the reserves races with all teams having two good reserves but Coventry should be more than capable of matching them.

OVERALL; Good looking team and many think they are contenders. Personally I see them mid table but come the play offs they certainly know how to finish a season in style. 3rd or 4th (and before you start ...... that is above Wolves !!)

Edited by T.N.T.
  • Like 1

HANS ANDERSEN; 8.33; "He is one of the top averaging riders in 2014" Well this is 2015 and only Belle Vue (Zagar 8.29) and possibly Swindon have a lower averaging #1 now. His scores in 2014 were not that bad and won races in all but one meeting so he can still beat anyone but he did have last places in 12 meetings (15 races) also and just third in another 14 races.

CHRIS HARRIS; 7.49; Everyone loves Bomber in the league format and he starts with a higher average than recent seasons thanks to his end of season form where he scored well at most tracks but he has recently sacked his pit crew so what set ups will he have now ? Coventry are not the same without him and with good back up he should still score well.

DANIEL KING; 6.74; You have to go back to June last season to find his last double figure score in the Elite League despite having at least five rides in 8 meetings after that score. As a second string he is very good but when he is partnered with a rider with much the same ability it could hinder him which is why I think #5 could be a better option to let him ride his way more and partner Andersen twice going back to his Ipswich days together.

CAMERON WOODWARD; 6.32; Great team man and good signing to back up the top three and could become a heat leader here at some point. His scores away were not so impressive for Eastbourne and therefore as part of the opening duo with Andersen I feel he could be a trump card as Hans can be a great team rider and they could be a formidable pairing.

STUART ROBSON; 4.61; If Robbo can shake off his injuries from last season he will do a good job for Coventry but would be tempted to put him at #4 with Bomber at #3 so hopefully when he does struggle, Bomber can save the heat while in his other two rides Robbo is good enough to pick up points. Great to watch and on a track with plenty of dirt, his partnership with Bomber would be great to watch.

FAST TRACK; Great pairing in Garrity and Sarjeant with possibly only Poole and Swindon looking as good. Garrity has proved to be a match winner while Sarjeant got better and better as the season went on. It is harder now in the reserves races with all teams having two good reserves but Coventry should be more than capable of matching them.

OVERALL; Good looking team and many think they are contenders. Personally I see them mid table but come the play offs they certainly know how to finish a season in style. 3rd or 4th (and before you start ...... that is above Wolves !!)

We know :D

We know :D

We are forward thinking to 2016 with Pawlicki 7.32, Woffinden 7.03, Pedersen 6.98 (after a spell at Leicester) AND Lindgren 6.98

Hopefully it would be r/r for Nicki most of the season though ;)

• Like 1

I like robbo just would like to see something different for a change

You can please some of the people all of the time ......etc etc.

Most people on here argue for continuity instead of team changes every year. Come to think of it, Robbo is something different - when did he last ride for us?

• Like 1

TNT.. You'd put Robson & Harris together?

Can't gate & won't gate!

• Like 4