British Speedway Forum
Woz01

Coventry 2015

Interesting news on the Coventry Bees web site, investing in a new air fence in time for the 2015 season. This can't be cheap, and at a time of uncertainty for the stadium and the future of the club. Sounds like a positive to me.

I was thinking this myself. I might even invest in having my name on it for 40 quid.

me too, i assume it will be owned by the club and not the stadium? can someone confirm?

the stadium can Foxtrot Oscar

I was thinking this myself. I might even invest in having my name on it for 40 quid.

We're doing it, It's not a huge amount and it's nice to be able to contribute in some way... :t:

me too, i assume it will be owned by the club and not the stadium? can someone confirm?

the stadium can Foxtrot Oscar

Good point, it's got to be the club, surely...? :neutral:

A good initiative, I reckon I will fork out for my dad who passed away a few years ago ,he used to stand on the coventry bend from the mid 50s to the mid 80s.

Up the bees.

• Like 3

The air fence is being bought by the Club.

• Like 4

Good to hear from Neil Watson, great idea with the fence sponsorship. I really hope that the planning application gets kicked into touch and we can stay where we belong at Brandon Stadium. Next job Neil in my opinion is to sign Jason Garrity as a full asset of the club, a swap deal with Eddie Kennett sounds like a plan. I think Jason has a bright future with the right people around him which is clearly at Coventry, keep him away from Poole :lol:

• Like 4

thanks neil, thought so.

that will be mine name on it then! as im doing the ride n slide in September a good opportunity to crash into myself!

• Like 3

Not able to borrow Peterborough's now are you?
  • Like 2

Can Jason garrity be bought too please Neil!

Good idea. Do a swop with Ed Kennett, plus a bag of Salt & Vinegar Crisps and a packet of Rich Tea biscuits. Sorted.

Good idea. Do a swop with Ed Kennett, plus a bag of Salt & Vinegar Crisps and a packet of Rich Tea biscuits. Sorted.

I'll even throw in the 1980s Wrigley chewing gum I found down the back of the seat in my car!

Presumably that's why the fans are being asked to pay for it via sponsorship.

As someone else asked, can Peterborough now have it's panels back that you borrowed at the end of 2014

• Like 3

Bees confirm that they have priority over King and Robson this season.

Presumably that's why the fans are being asked to pay for it via sponsorship.

As someone else asked, can Peterborough now have it's panels back that you borrowed at the end of 2014

I think all clubs would probably have the air fence paid via sponsorship of some sort. If you read it they are buying it anyway but if people want to sponsor then it's upto them.