British Speedway Forum
Woz01

Coventry 2015

I'd love to Shamek back but think there's more chance of Summers :(

Edited by Brandon

I was frustrated like many fans are when riders don't make fixtures for different reasons. That said Przemyslaw Pawlicki most certainly turned up at the business end of the 2010 season when it mattered most as all Coventry and Poole fans will never forget for different reasons. Shamek is a class act and a real character who would slot nicely into the Coventry team. I can't imagine it will happen due to finances, but Mr Horton has produced the odd surprise.

I've always said I'd prefer a decent rider 80% of the time to a mediocre one 100% of the time. If the option is Klindt the 5.5 rider all the time or Shamek in 80% of meetings but a 6 point guest in the missing 20% you'd be mad to go with the Klindt option. Lets not forget Shamek missed a lot of meeting due to being an U21 rider when with the Bees in his first two season, he's not an U21 rider any more. Also, anyone you sign in the last week of February is likely to have a few clashes now as they have agreed all their other meetings in other countries now. It still amazes me that people were shocked MJJ had to miss meetings!

Obviously none of us outside the management of the club are in the know about any arrangements that were or were not made between Lewis and the Bees management. However, if someone came to fit my kitchen, I wouldn't expect them to ask me for an upfront loan because they didn't have any tools and needed to get some secondhand ones!

I went to the talk-in with Kelvin Tatum and Nigel Pearson last year at the Cleveland Arms in Wolverhampton. Kelvin recounted a story from his early racing days (and apologies if in the year in between I have mis-remembered it - but I think I've got it right) which went something like this...

1985. Kelvin was still a youngster in his 1st season with the Bees and very much still making his way in the sport. His bikes are written off on the way back from the World Pairs final in Poland whilst they were being transported in Kenny Carter's van, which was involved in an accident. This essentially left him with no decent UK equipment. Kelvin gets in touch with Charles Ochiltree to inform him of the situation. The long and short of it was that Kelvin was left to sort himself out with equipment for the next Bees meeting. The CO's position was that it was Kelvin's own responsibility to sort himself out with equipment.

As I said, apologies if I've got this story wrong. I'd had a few drinks that night, but I think I'm pretty much on the money with it.

Returning to the Bridger situation, there are 2 sides to every story. We've heard Lewis's side and I await the Bees version of events with interest.

You are spot on rgarding Tatum at the cleveland arms, i was ther!

Mads ALWAYS flies around Brandon, I've seen him max out twice in past few seasons when he rode there with the Stars, and once in horrendous conditions. He'd be a great signing but Bees fans would have to forgive him for the Sayfutdinov incident in heat 15 - crowd were baying for his blood that night when Emil was Exc giving Stars the win. In the re-run which then mattered little, Mads just rode around at the back doing wheelies. What a showman!

they've forgiven Hans Andersen

Edited by Joe1986

Whatever happened between the two parties, the Bees have "got out of jail" here. It's another opportunity to make the team a very good one.

Something around 6.8pts to play with I think, shouldn't be too difficult, even for our promoter.

Agree

Fred Perkins? or Uncle Tom Cobley and all.

Edited by abbo

If it ends up being Klindt then we'd be just making the numbers up.

Completely agree. With the point limit higher this year, the last rider could be the difference between the bottom or top of the table.

Shamak or Mads I personally think would make us one of the favourites.

However no disrespect to Klindt but would make us a lot weaker and below the limit.

Edited by mdmc82
  • Like 2

Hoping for Mads I know people are saying he is missing out the UK this year but he may change his mind.

Last time I saw him ride at Brandon for the stars he reeled off an immaculate maximum no bees rider could get near him well only to shake his hand after the race.

• Like 4