British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
TividaleHeathen

Heathens 2015

If the elite league runs on only one day a week, monmore will only be used once a fortnight?

Oh dear. Here we go again! Quite a sad coincidence that the Cup Final at Monmore Wood will be staged on the 19th anniversary of the closure of Dudley Wood!

Perry Barr isn't an easy venue to get to from our area on a weekday. Could Sunday be an option perhaps? I know that the Brummies suffered from planning restrictions but I don't know he detail.

Does anyone know if two meetings a week are allowed?... and then you have to have enough spare dates.

Quite a problem (or is it just Ladbrokes positioning to put the rent up??????)

Have Cradley ever looked at The Dell.Perfect location and facilities already in place.Is it still council owned ?.

I for one would like to hear from Ladbrokes, it was only 12 months ago that CVS said there would be no issue in us moving upto the premier league and riding upto twice a week if needed.

Edited by TividaleHeathen
  • Like 1

I for one would like to hear from Ladbrokes, it was only 12 months ago that CVS said there would be no issue in us moving upto the premier league and riding upto twice a week if needed.

I think as Arthur Cross (who is far more knowledgable than me on this) has explained. Dog tracks recieve a subsidy on meetings from the betting industry. As such it extremely unlikely that a Cradley match at Monmore can generate anything like the income that can be gained from a greyhound meeting.

I for one would like to hear from Ladbrokes, it was only 12 months ago that CVS said there would be no issue in us moving upto the premier league and riding upto twice a week if needMM

Maybe that comment from CVS came from a speedway point of view rather than a landlords.

If things get desperate, what about stoke. it was used by the heathens before in 1996.

There were unsustainable losses in 96 even with from what I remember weren't bad crowds (certainly by today's standards).

Have Cradley ever looked at The Dell.Perfect location and facilities already in place.Is it still council owned ?.

It's a very heavily populated area though isn't it? I would imagine it was one of the first sites considered all those years ago as a ready made stadium, not sure if it is council owned to be honest - not that it would make much difference with Dudley Council.

I am shocked at this news.

Thought the Heathens were going Premier next year,no problem.

Desperately need to find somewhere so they can move back home.

How is the search going ?

If elite did go 1 night a week on a monday then it will be 1 home match for Wolves every other week. Meaning you could ride when wolves are away

If elite did go 1 night a week on a monday then it will be 1 home match for Wolves every other week. Meaning you could ride when wolves are away

It would also mean Heathens race on the alternate Monday - and on the supposition Monday night will be exclusive for EL fixtures. Are all the EL stadiums able to race on Mondays - no other attractions at the stadiums for those clubs who are only tenants?

Thats just not going to happen. The promoters don't want it.

It certainly works in Sweden/Poland.

Another solution would be to run on the Monday's that Wolves don't use, depending on amount of fixtures.

Thats just not going to happen. The promoters don't want it.

It certainly works in Sweden/Poland.

Isn't the problem in UK that many stadiums are rented for speedway and they may/are used for other things on certain nights - possibly Mondays involved?

Sad to hear of this news, with the level of support Cradley get I really hope a solution is found. Its been very tough for Midlands speedway with ourselves in the mire, threats to Coventry's future and now the Heathens

There are obviously big efforts to bring the Brummies back, the talk was PL but it seems Tony was keeping his cards close to his chest and this is porobably the reason. If we come back and go PL, it would be hard to see the Heathens able to use PB with the planning consent only allowing 1 night a week racing+ the amount of meetings.

Two solutions I see are:

1. Brummies return and go EL, Cradley stay in the Nl and race their meetings at Monmore and Perry Barr when both ourselves and Wolves dont race.

2. Like someone said earlier, we both go NL amd share the stadium, given the amount of fixtures in the NL its viable. Personally I would prefer EL or PL but it does keep both clubs running.

I dont see any other track where the Heathens can ride unless they can get Ladbrokes to reconsider with Monmore. Stoke is surely too far and Brandon isnt close either and already have Bees and Storm there. Maybe we could try and get Birmingham City Council to agree to 2 nights a week racing, Wednesday and Sunday?. Worth a try.

I really hope something can be done and ALL midlands clubs can race next season.

• Like 1