British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
TividaleHeathen

Heathens 2015

Sad to hear of this news, with the level of support Cradley get I really hope a solution is found. Its been very tough for Midlands speedway with ourselves in the mire, threats to Coventry's future and now the Heathens

There are obviously big efforts to bring the Brummies back, the talk was PL but it seems Tony was keeping his cards close to his chest and this is porobably the reason. If we come back and go PL, it would be hard to see the Heathens able to use PB with the planning consent only allowing 1 night a week racing+ the amount of meetings.

Two solutions I see are:

1. Brummies return and go EL, Cradley stay in the Nl and race their meetings at Monmore and Perry Barr when both ourselves and Wolves dont race.

2. Like someone said earlier, we both go NL amd share the stadium, given the amount of fixtures in the NL its viable. Personally I would prefer EL or PL but it does keep both clubs running.

I dont see any other track where the Heathens can ride unless they can get Ladbrokes to reconsider with Monmore. Stoke is surely too far and Brandon isnt close either and already have Bees and Storm there. Maybe we could try and get Birmingham City Council to agree to 2 nights a week racing, Wednesday and Sunday?. Worth a try.

I really hope something can be done and ALL midlands clubs can race next season.

Brummie yes the situation in the Midlands is very uncertain right now, and the possibility of only having 1 Track Open in a few years is on the horizon, Coventry, Cradley, and Birmingham needing new locations is unbelievable, leaving Wolves as the sole remaining Speedway team.

The suggestion you say of Brum and Cradley sharing is common sense, however i would think EL would be a no go, PL for one Team and NL for the other could be possible, but in my Opinion NL for Birmingham and Cradley could have its merits especially with the banter between the 2 sets of fans.

Its certainly dark times for midlands speedway, lets hope there is hope for us all in the near future, now more than ever we can see what Tony Mole continues to do for Speedway.

I for one would like to hear from Ladbrokes, it was only 12 months ago that CVS said there would be no issue in us moving upto the premier league and riding upto twice a week if needed.

Or maybe CVS talks balls and tell the fans what they want to hear. Half of what he says at these talks turns out to be a crock of poop. If he told me the sky was blue Id ask someone else to confirm it.

I'm amazed theres no 1 evening where the stadium is not being used and thus available to Cradley. I hope something is sorted ASAP.

Or maybe CVS talks balls and tell the fans what they want to hear. Half of what he says at these talks turns out to be a crock of poop. If he told me the sky was blue Id ask someone else to confirm it.

I'm amazed theres no 1 evening where the stadium is not being used and thus available to Cradley. I hope something is sorted ASAP.

Currently The Stadium is used on Monday and Friday afternoon Dogs Tuesday Mornings/Lunchtime Dog trials, Thursday/Saturday evenings Dogs, Saturday afternoon its on standby for Dogs during bad weather on the gee gees.

my original post was detrimental to Cradley fans - so sorry !

Edited by markyb

Perry Barr isn't an easy venue to get to from our area on a weekday. Could Sunday be an option perhaps? I know that the Brummies suffered from planning restrictions but I don't know he detail.

We did race on Sundays in the PL in the evenings as its the dogs on the lunchtimes. However I think the dogs run a bit later now, the last dog race on the sunday just gone was 17:46 and I believe there is a 9pm curfew on a Sunday for speedway.

So if you were to use PB one way or the other, I doubt Sundays would be an option. Only Monday- Thursday Evenings.

Is the traffic really to bad to get from Cradley to Perry Barr on a weekday. Would many use the M5/M6 or just go through West Brom getting the A41/A4040 through Handsworth?

That's the way I go from Tipton it's about the same time wise but somehow seems further away

Ive always gone down the Newton Rd to the Scott Arms.Never really had much trouble with traffic,problems seem coming the other way out of the city.

I always get on the M5 for 1 junction from Toys r us to west brom, past the baggies ground then turn left through Handsworth, not much difference time wise, maybe 5 minutes.

Edited by greyhoundp
  • Like 1

Really hope Ladbrokes are bluffing with the aim of increasing the rent, because there doesn't appear many other options for the brilliant Cradley fans.

I think as Arthur Cross (who is far more knowledgable than me on this) has explained. Dog tracks recieve a subsidy on meetings from the betting industry. As such it extremely unlikely that a Cradley match at Monmore can generate anything like the income that can be gained from a greyhound meeting.

Surely having Cradley there on a Tuesday with a crowd similar to that of Wolves on a Monday,it is more profitable than having the stadium closed.As a Wolves supporter,you have to ask if Ladbrokes can do without Cradley then maybe in the future they can do without Wolves.What I can't understand is why this has come out of the blue,only a month ago the talk from the promoters was of moving up a league and increasing the amount of dates not reducing them.Were the promotion as taken by surprise like the fans or did they know this was coming.

• Like 1

Nigel Pearson has just been on BBC WM and says Perry Barr is not an option unless the Brummies have a team riding there also.

Not sure if there will be a link anywhere online for the interview.

Nigel Pearson has just been on BBC WM and says Perry Barr is not an option unless the Brummies have a team riding there also.

If this is correct then we have little or NO hope! 5 great Seasons in the NL and a lot of memories I thought that I would never have again after 1995/6 & Club CH folded.

I said to Enoch of Club CH fame at St. Austell way back that we would never get a home again and Monmore Wood was as close as it got.

To quote a Doors song from way back, if "This Is The End", thanks to all at Heathens HQ, especially Nigel & Will for 5 very happy Seasons in the National league & ALL the memorabilia I got from you!!!!!! I can look at the programmes, books,badges & Race Jackets with fond memories.

Hope the Brummies can come back, then extend our NL Seasons into the future.

my original post was detrimental to Cradley fans - so sorry !

We don't usually apologise on the BSF! A welcome trend indeed.

Did he mention anything about the un-named site thats been looked at for the past 12 months.

Its hard to believe that somewhere the size of Dudley(nearly 100 sq k)cant find a brown field space thats suitable for speedway.

Although(being a resident)nothing suprises me about the inadequate way this council is run.