British Speedway Forum

Now the seasons finished what team would you like for next year,presuming the agm does not change to much,who's in who's out?

Brady and Charles,olly to stay for me

I think the side should be as close as we can get to this year. All the boys did well in their own way and are capable of improvement in 2015. I know this will be difficult for a number of reasons, but! We lost the league because of poor scores from Olly's replacements on Friday and Saturday. When did Olly last score single figures round OTA? I don't rate Kennet and never have, even before his misdemeanours . Perhaps he was the best we could get but the unfortunate injury to Olly undoubtedly cost us the title. Could we not have quarantined him in view of the importance of the upcoming fixtures?

• Like 1

I would assume Brady will be sold to Poole and loaned back for the season?

Surprised to see Jack Holder go to Scunthorpe and not Somerset as thought that would of suited him.

I would assume Brady will be sold to Poole and loaned back for the season?

Surprised to see Jack Holder go to Scunthorpe and not Somerset as thought that would of suited him.

Has Holder signed for Scunthorpe?

get ready for some more than average, average manipulation from the cheaters lol

and scrabbleman returns to somerset.

Edited by jenga

get ready for some more than average, average manipulation from the cheaters lol

What a stupid post

• Like 1

😴

What a stupid post

its only stupid cos its true.. like the time sam masters guested for you at workington, wnen the rider he was replacing had a LOWER average than himself.. so stupid.. i dont think so.... cheats YES,,

Somerset current team average total is 49-17, assuming next seasons team average is 42-50 we need to lose 6-67 points so some hard decisions will have to be made. Todd Kurtz and Paul Starke often perform well above their reserve positions, Paul at Edinburgh for a start, and both are a must for next season. Charles who was reserve last year has improved a lot from the difficult number 2 berth, and he will be a heat leader next season, Pontus is value for his 7-17 average and Brady is an obvious choice, even if he doubles up we will have first call on his services.

So that leaves Nick and Olly to save the 6-67, I think Nick should go, he has not fulfilled the promise shown last season and is not a number 1, Olly should also go as he has always been accident prone and this season has been no better on the accident front, he can also earn more money riding in Poland.

So without Nick 8-14 and Olly 8-93 that leaves us with 10.40 points to play with possibly a 7 pointer and a 3 pointer with Todd moving up into the main body.

• Like 1

you still need to fit scrabbleman into your 2015 team somewhere and make sure brady is still an asset of somerset.. you may be looking at two 3 pointers at reserve.. but i am sure the numbers will add up at the start of the season.. just try and work out how to do the fidd/sca/avers manipulation again.. oh and look out for that work permit fiasco stuff.

Olly - retain, been a fantastic leader for the team and has been the link throughout the team.

Charles - not sure, been brilliant this season and has progressed a lot. Great second string. Is he heat leader material?

Brady - Retain, don't think poole will usd him next season and he won't be with anyone else. Wouldn't want him to be either.

Pontus - let go, he would have to be a heat leader with brady and olly. Not strong enough of a heat leader trio away from home.

Nick - let go, not shown the promise from last season to be honest and I think could do with going elsewhere and not in the Elite.

Todd - let go, been brilliant really has I would love to keep him and wouldn't mind if he came back. Is he a risk on a nearly 6.00 point average though? In my mind yes.

Starke - Must keep, I believe he is an asset now so get him back in for 2015 as the senior reserve. He has had a great season.

so with the riders to keep,

Olly Allen

Brady Kurtz

Paul Starke

Charles Wright?

Heard about Max Ruml? What average is he? Jack Holder on a 5.00 I have also heard about.

The team has got to be split up if the points limit stay the same, Morris, Aspgren and T Kurtz to go. I would like Kyle Newman to return and maybe Alex Davies

• Like 1