British Speedway Forum

Well the surprising answer was the cyclist. Josh gave up at the end of lap 3 as the cyclist was too far ahead. I would say that if he had continued he would have been 3/4 of lap behind. Mind you the cyclist was going some.

Well the surprising answer was the cyclist. Josh gave up at the end of lap 3 as the cyclist was too far ahead. I would say that if he had continued he would have been 3/4 of lap behind. Mind you the cyclist was going some.

Doesn't shock me in the slightest. Looking at the times that cyclists do around a 250 metre velodrome and compare it to that of a speedway rider on a similar sized track. The mens World record over 4 laps is 56 seconds. To give some comparison, Lakeside at 256m is the closest in track size (the speedway race there is 24m further) and the track record is 56.8 vs 56.3. Which in theory means if you were to put them on track together, you'd get a good race!!

Doesn't shock me in the slightest. Looking at the times that cyclists do around a 250 metre velodrome and compare it to that of a speedway rider on a similar sized track. The mens World record over 4 laps is 56 seconds. To give some comparison, Lakeside at 256m is the closest in track size (the speedway race there is 24m further) and the track record is 56.8 vs 56.3. Which in theory means if you were to put them on track together, you'd get a good race!!

Speedway riders quicker start would see him home, plus the cyclist wouldn't be able to cope with Lakesides tight bends

Speedway riders quicker start would see him home, plus the cyclist wouldn't be able to cope with Lakesides tight bends

TBF, I would expect the speedway rider to have the edge. But the cyclists times are alot closer to the World Record than the lakeside heat times are to the track record to help make up for the tighter track.

The point is, half the distance, I'd fancy myself to beat a speedway rider if I'm honest

Edited by SCB

TBF, I would expect the speedway rider to have the edge. But the cyclists times are alot closer to the World Record than the lakeside heat times are to the track record to help make up for the tighter track.

The point is, half the distance, I'd fancy myself to beat a speedway rider if I'm honest

Want me to arrange it? :wink::P

Nicely thought out argument. So Josh didn't really have a prayer of winning having to do two extra laps from a standing start despite the extra lap distance. It was surprising that most thought it would go Josh's way. Wonder how it would have gone with both from the tapes? Wouyld also be interesting on a big track too.

maybe josh still thinks he is riding for Workington and wanted to lower his average for next season....lol,

RELAX, ITS JUST BANTER..

• Like 1

Thought I saw you at P&P at the OTA yesterday Jenga. Someone told me you were enquiring about a season ticket? Good lad, all the way from Worky every Friday? Now that is commitment. :)

not going to travel form Workington every Friday . i have relations in ivybridge, Devon.considering moving to somerset , but i cant swim. larf.

just thought i would let you know that your meeting with Peterborough will go ahead on Sunday. but the panthers COULD be tracking an illegal rider in their team. time for gary may to show his worth. truth , not a wind up..

dont want to see my team get beat by better cheats...lol...

• Like 1

just thought i would let you know that your meeting with Peterborough will go ahead on Sunday. but the panthers COULD be tracking an illegal rider in their team. time for gary may to show his worth. truth , not a wind up..

dont want to see my team get beat by better cheats...lol...

As much as you would like him to, he can't do that, as apparently the use of Michael Palm Toft has been ratified by the MC & as far as I know, under those circumstances, there is no recourse to protest.

As much as you would like him to, he can't do that, as apparently the use of Michael Palm Toft has been ratified by the MC & as far as I know, under those circumstances, there is no recourse to protest.

I believe the regs altered last year to eliminate protests about line ups on the day of a meeting. All challenges have to come in the proceeding days.

Once the meeting starts the teams having been ratified cannot be challenged by protest.

• Like 1

i have been told that mpt is ok to ride. its something to do with the rider moving up into the lite league and having a choice to move back into the pl if he wasnt going to be used by the lite league the following season. its to do with protecting their pl average or some thing like that. so alls well that ends well , gromet..

just a lot of hot air in the Peterborough site from fellow supporters ..

Edited by jenga

i have been told that mpt is ok to ride. its something to do with the rider moving up into the lite league and having a choice to move back into the pl if he wasnt going to be used by the lite league the following season. its to do with protecting their pl average or some thing like that. so alls well that ends well , gromet..

just a lot of hot air in the Peterborough site from fellow supporters ..

That rule used to exist but it was changed in the winter - it's even highlighted in the rule book as a new rule!

i only read books that are factual and not fictional/fantasy. (did i say that correct)

• Like 1