British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
TheScotsman

Premier Shield

In the Football equivilant (Charity Shield) , the league runners up are the team eligible.

Depends on how the BSPA decide to run it, if they run it at all that is...

I am not convinced this was ever a bspa event. Not even sure it gets run every year.

Might be wrong but King's Lynn vs Edinburgh might have been the first running, I am sure it was just a one off meeting at kings lynn run as a 'grudge revenge' PR match in 2009 to kick off the season. Just a challenge match that was christened the premier shield.

Give us a bit of variety to start the season rather than the old spring trophy

put it in the smelt.....

For the sole reason you're never anywhere near being able to challenge for the Premier Shield :rofl:

(That's tongue in cheek by the way, as Workington is my second team!!!)

I am not convinced this was ever a bspa event. Not even sure it gets run every year.

Might be wrong but King's Lynn vs Edinburgh might have been the first running, I am sure it was just a one off meeting at kings lynn run as a 'grudge revenge' PR match in 2009 to kick off the season. Just a challenge match that was christened the premier shield.

True... it was only ran at Kings Lynn where the Strops handed out a bashing - Darcy Ward at reserve iirc... And (though if you're under the age of 18, please don't read any further...)

a 5 ride paid maximum from Chris Schramm!!!! :oops:

N

For the sole reason you're never anywhere near being able to challenge for the Premier Shield :rofl:

(That's tongue in cheek by the way, as Workington is my second team!!!)

True... it was only ran at Kings Lynn where the Strops handed out a bashing - Darcy Ward at reserve iirc... And (though if you're under the age of 18, please don't read any further...)

a 5 ride paid maximum from Chris Schramm!!!! :oops:

Were those where the days when Schrammy used be a Heat Leader aswell :rofl:

also, if memory serves me correct, were we not given a 10 point head start and still lost by 20-odd :cry:

Edited by MonarchsMitchy

N

Were those where the days when Schrammy used be a Heat Leader aswell :rofl:

also, if memory serves me correct, were we not given a 10 point head start and still lost by 20-odd :cry:

We were hammered to be fair with a team consisting Fisher / Jonasson / Tully / Rajkowski et al... Yeah, we were given a +10pt lead but lost 58-34 at Saddlebow...

We were hammered to be fair with a team consisting Fisher / Jonasson / Tully / Rajkowski et al... Yeah, we were given a +10pt lead but lost 58-34 at Saddlebow...

KL: 58
Topinka: 12+3
Schramm: 14+1
Henry: 6+1
Smith: R/R
Sanchez: 10+2
Graversen 6+1
Ward: 10+1
That was what we were up against :t:
Edited by MonarchsMitchy

Hopefully the Spring Trophy has been consigned to history, along with the Scottish Cup. Time to move on!