British Speedway Forum
Panthers89

New Conversion Rate For Riders....

says the brain of britain :)

nice of you to consider me far superior than yourself..lol.

• Like 1

whats complicated about an amendment to an existing rule..

Logic and common sense dictate that the conversion factor in one direction should be the reciprocal of the conversion factor in the other. Breaching this principle makes the sports administrators look stupid.

• Like 2

Logic and common sense dictate that the conversion factor in one direction should be the reciprocal of the conversion factor in the other. Breaching this principle makes the sports administrators look stupid.

If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck....

Simlify it, no doubling up or doubling down. If a rider wants to step down to PL use the 1.4 or 1.6 what ever you want but he only rides PL, same in reverse if he wants to ride EL, same goes for the NL

Solution for riders like Rory that want in the PL. Drop the EL for the first half of the season.

The attractive 1.4 rate means with his current EL average of 6.22 he could go PL as 8.71 and I can see him getting picked up for that.

Then half way through the season or next season he could look to double up, if he maintained his PL average of 8.71 he would go back up as 5.44. Again very attractive to promotions.

That is exactly the reason why the rates must be the same in both directions, absolutely bonkers decision not to keep them the same or at least very similar!

I actually think doubling up should be encouraged but only allowed for British riders and perhaps only if they have at most 1 foreign league commitment. It helps the upcoming riders looking to progress stage by stage and would also allow the likes of Danny King and Simon Stead to step back down when they can no longer get a ride abroad.

The main problem with doubling up/down is conflicts so get the Elite league racing on a fixed race night (Monday or Thursday) then PL teams not allowed to race on that night (sorry Redcar and Sheffield), problem solved. This would reduce the fixtures and encourage more elite riders to race in the elite league as well. I appreciate there are challenges to this but unless they reduce fixtures it will never be elite again.

could he zoom into the vacent no1 position for................... workington