British Speedway Forum

With 9.75 points left for 3 riders - Could Kent Kings be looking at;

Adam Kirby.(back)

Danno Verge.

Luke Harris.(back)

Ellis Perks.

Any more likely ?

I think everybody will be tripping over to get the signature of Ellis Perks although with him being signed in the P/L I suspect there will be a lot of date clashes?

Of the others Kirby 3.68, Verge 3.57 & Harris 3.17 would still be too many.

Verge has potential & would make sense to go in at 2 with two rookies at reserve.

Im not sure I could handle another year of Calamity Kirby again.......

• Like 1

I think everybody will be tripping over to get the signature of Ellis Perks although with him being signed in the P/L I suspect there will be a lot of date clashes?

Of the others Kirby 3.68, Verge 3.57 & Harris 3.17 would still be too many.

Verge has potential & would make sense to go in at 2 with two rookies at reserve.

Im not sure I could handle another year of Calamity Kirby again.......

No I would not be keen on Kirby returning.

But I can see Verge-Perks comes from Gravesend (I think)so would make sense and Harris was unlucky to lose place and all 3 would fit.

• Like 1

Harris and Perks would be awesome with moggo too if his average is low enough.

No I would not be keen on Kirby returning.

But I can see Verge-Perks comes from Gravesend (I think)so would make sense and Harris was unlucky to lose place and all 3 would fit.

Can't argue with either statements.

I assume Perks will be staying with the Verge's again? Anybody know who will be acting as mechanic & driver this year?

Aron Mogridge & Danno Verge have artifical averages really because of their involvement with the very poor Scunthorpe side of last year. An indication (if they were to miss out as a result with teams needing three pointers) on how that Stags experiment did them little in the way of favours..

Says on Website the Kings were hoping for 38 points limit.

The way the team was being built no great surprise.

38 points would have left - 5.75 and two 3 pointers.

It appears that David will no longer be a rider with the Kings, he would still be a major asset around the pits though. Luke Harris never really liked the Central Park track so him not returning was no surprise to me. Perks, Moggeridge and Verge if their averages summed to fit would be a starting line-up to get the team up and running. The number 8 selection intrigues me though!

It appears that David will no longer be a rider with the Kings, he would still be a major asset around the pits though. Luke Harris never really liked the Central Park track so him not returning was no surprise to me. Perks, Moggeridge and Verge if their averages summed to fit would be a starting line-up to get the team up and running. The number 8 selection intrigues me though!

For me, that's the main problem with the points limit, they are forcing riders out, in an ideal world, riders would come into the national league on a 3 point average, work there way up until they were picked up by a premier league club and move on

It's not happening, rider averages will only go up with such a small limit, and then they are unable to ride as they can't be fit into sides

David may or may not wish to ride for kent, but the option is not there for him

For me, that's the main problem with the points limit, they are forcing riders out, in an ideal world, riders would come into the national league on a 3 point average, work there way up until they were picked up by a premier league club and move on

It's not happening, rider averages will only go up with such a small limit, and then they are unable to ride as they can't be fit into sides

David may or may not wish to ride for kent, but the option is not there for him

Doesn't mean 'Magic' shan't still be riding NL... I've heard he will be

Good luck to him, I hope he does, any clues as to where he may end up

Good luck to him, I hope he does, any clues as to where he may end up

Eastbourne or rye house would be logical

I am ALWAYS wrong but my guess is David Mason will be back at Rye House. :approve:

With apologies to Hector Austin for not seeking his permission to return to the Kent Kings thread! :oops:

Edited by Guest

I am ALWAYS wrong but my guess is David Mason will be back at Rye House. :approve:

With apologies to Hector Austin for not seeking his permission to return to the Kent Kings thread! :oops:

You enjoy ya man :t:

I go for Easty if you say Rye :wink:

• Like 1