British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
TMW

Stoke Pottrers Fundraising Initiative.

https://m.facebook.com/home.php?ref=bookmark&app_id=4748854339#!/groups/304054316459561

It's well documented that Loomer Rd was vandalised some 2 weeks ago and, with Dave Tatums backing, in an effort to alleviate the losses a group of supporters Speedwsy & Stox have galvanised to launch into fundraising mode.

https://m.facebook.com/home.php?ref=bookmark&app_id=4748854339#!/home.php?ref=bookmark&app_id=4748854339&soft=more

Edited by TMW

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Only Tattum oh dear, more faces than the town hall clock but then again I have always thought of him as a comedian, I would contribute if it would make him disappear far far away. :t:

They had a stox car meeting today at loomer road, how have they run that? And if they can run that then they can run a speedway meeting!!!

They had a stox car meeting today at loomer road, how have they run that? And if they can run that then they can run a speedway meeting!!!

I read somewhere else that the repairs have been made, but the money had to be taken from the stox and the potters funds. So effectively the speedway promotion need to replace that.

So yes, they can run a meeting, but now they struggle to afford a team, hence the fundraising.

I don't know how the Stoke fund raising is going - obviously I hope it will be a success.

More important to me is the fact that Stoke are listed in the NL AGM press release as starters for the 2015.

I have had a "weak spot" for Stoke since 1947 when they appeared at Eastbourne. Then based at the old Sun Street Stadium, the side that night included Dave Anderson, Gil Blake and Ray Harris. I guess they are now forgotten men in Stoke - after all this was 67 years ago! :sad:

I don't know how the Stoke fund raising is going - obviously I hope it will be a success.

More important to me is the fact that Stoke are listed in the NL AGM press release as starters for the 2015.

I have had a "weak spot" for Stoke since 1947 when they appeared at Eastbourne. Then based at the old Sun Street Stadium, the side that night included Dave Anderson, Gil Blake and Ray Harris. I guess they are now forgotten men in Stoke - after all this was 67 years ago! :sad:

gustix,

no they are not forgotten men , they are stoke legends.

That's great news. Although a south Londoner as one does "when very young" you tend to follow the activities of teams "well away from home." Stoke was one of the sides I followed as a schoolboy - and never actually saw a Stoke team in a match until the early 1960s.

I don't quite understand your reaction to the gym ladies venture. It looks a good idea to me - I wish it all success. One the other hand, I would appreciate your reasons for thing the gym ladies calendar project may not be worthwhile? Many thanks.

Are Stiletto's normal wear in a gym ? :rofl:

Wearing stiletto's shoes in a gym? This is a publicity photo for a "a help Stoke Speedway" calendar not a series of gymnastic displays. It's all a bit of fun isn't it? I doubt very much if the lady wears her stiletto shoes when taking part in gymnastic events.

Seeing the adverse comments I wonder if the ladies are now thinking "why did we bother?"

For your parts - big lad and semion - are you participating in Stoke fund raising activities that is in order so you can criticise those who are trying to help the club?

I am not surprised in regard to either of the remarks you make - after all, "this is the BSF"!

Edited by Guest