British Speedway Forum
sommelier

Lewis Bridger

What are your thoughts on Bridgers retirement.I think he as nothing like achievd what he is capable off. On his day can look world class!

I think Lewis was a massive under achiever , one problem was that there where to many off the track incidents going on his life , another was his decision to move straight from the conference league to E/L , IMHO a couple of seasons in the P/L would've done him the world of good and helped his career massively .

A good topic but it will "get lost" in this forum. May I suggest that you repost in in

Speedway News and Discussions

where it will reach a larger audience. Just a thought on my part.

Thank you

I see you have taken advice to recreate the thread under

Speedway News and Discussions. I hope the debate livens up there. It is a good topic IMO. I remember Lewis Bridger in after-the-meeting rides when Wimbledon were in the CL - a long time ago.

Lewis was one of the most talented youngsters I have ever seen. I remember thinking he was as good as Peter Collins and Michael Lee had been at similar ages (personal but unbiased opinion). Such a shame that the potential has never been consistently achieved.

Also a real likeable young lad when he was with Weymouth. Some off track situations have probably not helped his progress.

Maybe a break from racing is just what he needs and he will come back refreshed and raring to go. I certainly hope so.

I see you have taken advice to recreate the thread under

Speedway News and Discussions. I hope the debate livens up there. It is a good topic IMO. I remember Lewis Bridger in after-the-meeting rides when Wimbledon were in the CL - a long time ago.

Lewis was one of the most talented youngsters I have ever seen. I remember thinking he was as good as Peter Collins and Michael Lee had been at similar ages (personal but unbiased opinion). Such a shame that the potential has never been consistently achieved.

Also a real likeable young lad when he was with Weymouth. Some off track situations have probably not helped his progress.

Maybe a break from racing is just what he needs and he will come back refreshed and raring to go. I certainly hope so.

Thread has been moved and being strongly debated elsewhere as advised above.

So do i!