British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
greyhoundp

Nl Agm 9/12

What do people expect to see, and what would they like to see from the AGM today ?. Im expecting to see the applications from Birmingham, Eastbourne and Rye House, and a New Minimum and Maximum points limit.

I would like to see, No riders to return to pits after a false start.

I would like to see the same formula for Heats as used in the Elite League ie 2 guarded reserves races, and Heat leaders racing each other more.

The re introduction of a Tactical ride, when a Team is 6 points behind or a double tactical if a team is 10 points behind, instead of the current Double points ride. In my opinion its always better if a result is decided by gaining points on track, rather than being given double points.

The KO Cup to be completed by the end of July, Teams can then concentrate on There League meetings.

Also i have never been a fan of Play offs, however most teams see them as a money spinner, but dont seem to realise this then devalues ordinary meetings to no more than a qualifying competition.

1. Yes reduce the points limit by 2 will help to even things out a bit

2. NO riders involved in the ELITE league what so ever its there choice as its taking riders jobs that wish to progress in the sport.

3. NO guest riders apart from number 1

4. NO rider replacement or guest its a 7 man team keep it that way after all its classed as development league , move a reserve up and bring in a non 1 - 7 rider !

Upper points limit to 42, lower at 36

Accept that Eastie, Brum and Rye are in the NL and make it a proper 3rd division!

No Play Offs, the ones with the highest number of points in the last column are Champs...another Cup if you want to extend the Season for the top 4!

Go back to tactical Rides with normal points, no Joker rides!

KO Cup over, done and dusted no later than the last week in August.

MDL & NJL be that, the true Development ground for the other 3 Leagues.

Stop the gardening and returning to the pits for anything other than falls.

• Like 1

Yes it seems certain Eagles,Brum & Raiders will come in for Devon & Scunny.

Be interesting if more teams in Trophy ?

Agree lets see KOC have a summer Final and not dragged out to season end.

I would like 42 top limit points and 38 low.

Think play-offs will happen - just the way Speedway has gone ( not a fan myself).

I would like a National League fixture shown on Sky - just my opinion.

We shall see full details later.

It makes me laugh, people want a 42 point limit and then say a minimum of 36 or 38. But where are the riders going to come from for this? The league has an extra team and a few of the top riders are not eligible any more so you need 7 6 pointers (on average, to fill the extra team) and to replace the half a dozen riders who have moved up. But you want a 42 point limit? How about a more realistic 38 or 39?

Points limit needs to be lowered to around 39.5 and in the NL a lower points Limit of 36.5 needs to be in place!

Reserves should be both under 4 averages.

It makes me laugh, people want a 42 point limit and then say a minimum of 36 or 38. But where are the riders going to come from for this? The league has an extra team and a few of the top riders are not eligible any more so you need 7 6 pointers (on average, to fill the extra team) and to replace the half a dozen riders who have moved up. But you want a 42 point limit? How about a more realistic 38 or 39?

Ok, settle down.

You are probably right.

As a matter of interest - what riders are not eligible any more ?

Points limit should never be as high as 42.

42 is the equilibrium figure for a league using the same riders every year. But the NDL is a development league. Top 9 pointers should be moving on up to PL and new 3.00 riders coming in. So the limit should be considerably below 42.

NL was ruined last year by a points limit that was too high and allowed the money clubs to grab the best riders and leave the smaller clubs with very little.

There should be no minimum limit. If a track with winter training can unearth 7 quality newcomers why shouldn't they be allowed to use them? Would be stupid to say you can't use your discoveries and have to replace a few with an old codger who has a big average just to meet the minimum.

• Like 3

There should be no minimum limit. If a track with winter training can unearth 7 quality newcomers why shouldn't they be allowed to use them? Would be stupid to say you can't use your discoveries and have to replace a few with an old codger who has a big average just to meet the minimum.

Well if your scenario was something which could actually happen I'd happily agree but the reality was seen last year with a woefully weak Scunthorpe Stags side which was shocking box office when a visiting team.

As someone else said this is without doubt a proper third division now that Easty and Brum are also on board, so we don't need team line ups like the Stags of last year.

• Like 1

Well if your scenario was something which could actually happen I'd happily agree but the reality was seen last year with a woefully weak Scunthorpe Stags side which was shocking box office when a visiting team.

Scunthorpe were indeed too weak last year, but that was because the points limit was too high. The big payers took all the top riders leaving Scunny, Buxton, Devon trying to exist on the scraps.

If the points limit had been set correctly, Scunny and Buxton would have had riders available to sign. There's no need for a minimum points limit, just a need to get the maximum limit right.

• Like 1

looks as if I got the points wrong! Max 36 & Min 30! At least the rest is fine by me. Now to see what team building can be done without too many riders being put out of work by the new max figure.

looks as if I got the points wrong! Max 36 & Min 30! At least the rest is fine by me. Now to see what team building can be done without too many riders being put out of work by the new max figure.

Put out of work?

• Like 1

Well done National League for getting rid of play-offs.

Team that finishes top will be Champions.

Top 4 will enter the new Gold Cup.

So points set at 36 and minimum is 30.

Do people think the Kent have shot themselves in the foot slightly ?

Ben Morley will be out and out No 1 - so pressure will be on him.

Baseby and Shanes will have to up their game and Ayres will be in main body plus a 3 pointer.

Feels a little like the Kings first season when Boxall`s average really weakened rest of team.

10 team League should be much more competitive with Eagles,Brum & Raiders.

Be interesting what team Cradley put together.

Scunthorpe were indeed too weak last year, but that was because the points limit was too high. The big payers took all the top riders leaving Scunny, Buxton, Devon trying to exist on the scraps.

If the points limit had been set correctly, Scunny and Buxton would have had riders available to sign. There's no need for a minimum points limit, just a need to get the maximum limit right.

Absolutely NOT the case. Ask Richard from Scunny - he deliberately picked the level of riders he had as a point of some principle. He said it often enough during the season!

So points set at 36 and minimum is 30.

Do people think the Kent have shot themselves in the foot slightly ?

Ben Morley will be out and out No 1 - so pressure will be on him.

Baseby and Shanes will have to up their game and Ayres will be in main body plus a 3 pointer.

Feels a little like the Kings first season when Boxall`s average really weakened rest of team.

Not sure what you mean?

Morley doesn't have an average anything like as high as the one Boxall had.

What kind of a line up in terms of rider averages would you have preferred to have seen then?