British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
greyhoundp

Nl Agm 9/12

Cold Cup will be Birmingham one and Birningham two,Mildenhall and kent

cant see it being any other clubs involved honestly

Lynn my be there or of there abouts i hope

Is Len running Double headers?

Dont think there will be much doubt where Perks will end up really!!!!

Are all the teams completed? I never try to predict results before I at least know the sides that are competing... ;)

Are all the teams completed? I never try to predict results before I at least know the sides that are competing... ;)

Good for you :t::t: , i'd discount Eastbourne, Buxty and Rye thou man

Edited by Hector Austin

Im pretty sure there is a Limit on £ per points, so if a couple of clubs are willing to stump up some money he could end up anywhere!

The addition to being with the Heathens is sponsership deals riders can get, the fans 50/50 is £150 to the winner and £150 to the riders each home meeting! So there are alot of benifits to being at the Heathens but what the club provides could be the same as what Brum provides!

Supposedly 10 quid a point but I don't believe the Heathens pay that little though. That said I very much doubt Steve Boxhall was on a tenner a point for us in 2015 either..

You were responding to my post about the points limit being too high last year leaving Buxton and Scunthorpe stuffed with uncompetitive teams.

You can't come back and say "I never mentioned Buxton" just because it doesn't suit your argument.

The 'argument' as you put it, was me pointing out to you that Scunthorpe did NOT get forced into picking a weak side due to a lack of heat leaders. They picked a side of the type they did deliberately - they mentioned this as their policy often enough during the year, which suggests to me perhaps you don't know that much about the NL?

Buxton's method of team building was not under discussion. I was simply pointing out that what you said about the Stags was completely wrong!

The 'argument' as you put it, was me pointing out to you that Scunthorpe did NOT get forced into picking a weak side due to a lack of heat leaders. They picked a side of the type they did deliberately - they mentioned this as their policy often enough during the year, which suggests to me perhaps you don't know that much about the NL?

Buxton's method of team building was not under discussion. I was simply pointing out that what you said about the Stags was completely wrong!

You're talking nonsense.

How could Scunthorpe possibly have tracked a stronger side? They couldn't. Whether they wanted to or not is irrelevant.

As I said Buxton and Scunthorpe (and Devon) had woefully weak sides because the points limit was far too high. If you can't see that, it suggests to me that perhaps you don't know that much about the NL?

• Like 1

You're talking nonsense.

How could Scunthorpe possibly have tracked a stronger side? They couldn't. Whether they wanted to or not is irrelevant.

Scunthorpe have always before fielded strong sides in the third tier which is why they've won it three times.

They most certainly could've done so last season if they'd chosen to. What makes you think that for some reason they were excluded from having better riders? Their TM Richard Hollingsworth explained many times that it was a deliberate policy last year to pick a 'development' style team. Why do you want to ignore the facts about this?

You are right Blackbird "It was a deliberate policy" to use our develop riders rather than pay another team's more money. However, John Leslie is also right. Buxton and Devon didn't finish the season with a team any stronger than the Stags, largely due to the lack of enough riders to go around a nine team league with a forty point limit.

The biggest problems with last season was the points limit. Cradley and Scunthorpe built team to the rules within their budgets. Thankfully common sense has prevailed and next season looks like being fantastic with 10 fairly equal strength sides. Some fantastic decisions have been made and whilst I have heard a few team managers complaining about the difficulty of building teams for 2015 it is only because a bit of thinking is having to be done and focus is on the new riders coming into the league. I would have loved to have run the Stags in the 2015 National League. We might still have been towards the bottom but because of sensible team building rules we would have been competitive everywhere we went.

The big budget clubs will still cherry pick the talent and be competing for the playoffs, as in every league, but I am really excited about the prospect of competitive meetings and a whole host of young riders being given the track time the competitive league racing they so desperately need.

• Like 7