British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
mickthemuppet

Speedway Betting 2015

I wouldn't touch Coventry with a bargepole. Don't forget that Poole are chasing a treble and the bag of dirty tricks will come into play if needed.

• Like 1

Although a few teams have not completed their line up this is how i would bet on the 2015 season

ELITE LEAGUE

3/1 Coventry

7/2 Kings Lynn

5/1 Belle Vue

5/1 Poole

6/1 Lakeside

10/1 Swindon

20/1 Leicester

PREMIERLEAGUE

4/1 Edinburgh

5/1 Sheffield

7/1 Somerset

8/1 Ipswich

9/1 Peterborough

10/1 Newcastle

12/1 Scunthorpe

14/1 Workington

14/1 Rye House

16/1 Glasgow

16/1 Redcar

18/1 Berwick

20/1 Plymouth

Your odds for the favourites are too high. If you look at the Elite League you could put £100each on Coventry, Kings Lynn, Belle Vue and Poole and as long as one of those four wins you are assured of a return of at least your stake.

Poole will be much shorter due to their history of winning titles in recent years and always having a strong team in the final months.

7/4 Poole

2/1 Coventry

3/1 Kings Lynn

3/1 Belle Vue

5/1 Lakeside

8/1 Wolverhampton

8/1 Swindon

10/1 Leicester

As for the Premier League, as pointed out Peterborough are one of the favourites for sure and I think you have also put Glasgow far to out in the betting, so I would estimate it;s more like ...

9/4 Peterborough

11/4 Somerset

3/1 Newcastle

7/2 Edinburgh

5/1 Glasgow

8/1 Sheffield

8/1 Ipswich

8/1 Scunthorpe

10/1 Plymouth

12/1 Berwick

14/1 Workington

14/1 Rye House

16/1 Redcar

Would still have some on poole at those odds.

am I the only one that thinks leicester have an ok team and could be worth an each way bet at 10-1? That said all the teams this year look better than last year (except maybe kl)

Why do people think leicester will do so bad guys .. I think they will go well .. Good reserve pairing IMO I suppose which perderson turns up but could be a bargain for them .. Solid number 1 in Doyle .. Michelson potential surely he improves he's average..

I'm not saying they win the league I'm just saying bit of luck and form they have the riders to compete and I personally wouldn't be surprised to see them in the top 4 ..

• Like 1

Doyle is a great #1 if he continues to improve as he has in recent years but Bjarne is hit and miss in races. As a second heat leader he isn't bad but after that ?

Michelsen is a good prospect but look at other second strings around like Peter Karlsson, Craig Cook, Grzegorz Zengota etc ..... it's not going to be that easy for him or anyone this season as the standard has been levelled out a bit better.

Josh Auty should do well at reserve, but again the standard of reserves has greatly improved and all these races are going to be very tough for all team, especially Lakeside in my opinion.

Doyle is a great #1 if he continues to improve as he has in recent years but Bjarne is hit and miss in races. As a second heat leader he isn't bad but after that ?

Michelsen is a good prospect but look at other second strings around like Peter Karlsson, Craig Cook, Grzegorz Zengota etc ..... it's not going to be that easy for him or anyone this season as the standard has been levelled out a bit better.

Josh Auty should do well at reserve, but again the standard of reserves has greatly improved and all these races are going to be very tough for all team, especially Lakeside in my opinion.

Auty will be great at reserve. However a lot will depend on how often he is missing due to PL commitments.