13 March 2004 Last night,

Sidewinders result

There was a meeting for the SA State Team (pairs) Championship

Result

1st Jason Norman 3 3 3 3 3 & R Brandford 2 F 0 1 B/Tapes Total 18pts

2nd J Hepburn 3 3 3 3 E/X & A Dennis 1 1 1 F 2 Total 17pts

3rd Josh Munro 1 F 2 2 3 & Robert Medson 2 2 1 1 2 Total 16pts

4th Ryan Sedgeman 2 2 F/X 3 3 & Arthur Sissis 0 1 3 0 1 Total 15pts

The Silver Helmet race was with 8 riders with riders going off a Handicap some meters behind the starting gate was won by D Liersch, after a number of riders falling.

There was also some junior sidecar racing which was fast and furious and some close racing.

Andy

Guest Sir Lunchalot

And modesty forbids Andy from saying who sponsored the main trophies for the event.

Andy, well done mate, I heard today at Broadford.

Yes indeed i did sponsor the main trophies on Sat night, and the young kids liked them. It make them all feel that someone out there thinks of Sidewinders, and what they are doing is good.

It my way of giving something back to Speedway for the years of enjoyment.

Was it Josh Munro's Dad

Guest Sir Lunchalot

It was indeed Josh Munro's dad Andy. He was busy telling a few people how much the kids enjoyed them and how their eyes lit up when they saw the trophies and I was lucky enough to be close enough to hear. I'm a bit the same with the kids, adults I can take or leave most times but nothing quite like the look on the kids faces when they get a nice surprise and that makes it all worth it.

I'm a bit surprised the Munro's were there actually, from Adelaide on Saturday to Broadford by Sunday lunchtime and then to be ready to ride is no mean feat !!

It was another generous gesture by Andy, well done mate, your efforts are obviously much appreciated.

All the best for the upcoming events in your personal life too

Thanks Sir Lunchalot and whowasthatberntpersson for the comments, i just wish that i was nearer to Sidewinders its a long haul form Lucindale, but must thank Mark and Sam Martin for taking me to Sidewinders from Tail Bend

Andy

Guest darrell b

Yes thank you very much Andy.As the father of one of the recipients, Robert Branford, i can tell you he was as proud as punch and it took a trip to school on monday for show and tell.Once again thank you very much.

Darrell Branford

i just wish that i was nearer to Sidewinders its a long haul form Lucindale

Andy

Tut! Tut! Andy! Tis only 'up the road" isn't it??? Would have thought you and Mark could have jogged there! :wink::mad::lol:

Tut! Tut! Andy! Tis only 'up the road" isn't it??? Would have thought you and Mark could have jogged there! :wink::mad::lol:

I did !!!! Only got home 2 hour ago, took me 12 days :rolleyes:

I just happened to fall into this thread by mistake :oops: Sounds like a good meeting all round, excellent that Andy sponsored the trophies and that the kids are pleased with them.

Guest Sir Lunchalot

I've since seen the pictures of the trophies Shaz, and brilliant ones they were too.

In particular there were some fancy glassware trophies that had been engraved and looked absolutely super and were something a bit different from the usual metal trophies.

I've since seen the pictures of the trophies Shaz, and brilliant ones they were too.

In particular there were some fancy glassware trophies that had been engraved and looked absolutely super and were something a bit different from the usual metal trophies.

Absolutely, I think the glassware idea comes from Andy's trips to Eastern Europe (I'll call it the Roman Jankowski influence).....Andy, please explain.

Hi

Yes it was Roman Jankowski who had a infulance on the Glass trophie as i got the first one whe i went to Poland with the Hackney team back in 1980 for 3 meetings and after the meeting at Leszno the club gave to the dope and oil boys a glass trophie as a thank you , as the riders got there prizes when they rode in the meetings.

When i went to Poland in 2000 Roman gave to me a keep sake from a friend (RJ).

Polish Glass is good and is hand made.

I feel that a glass trophie as a change from the other types of Trophies and they do look good.

Roman has a lot of them from his riding days.

Andy