British Speedway Forum

Very harsh on Miedzinski..he never committed to this meeting..the Polish meeting was his own testimonial, not some run of the mill event that you can pack up and go before its finished...it's his own meeting..they'll be loads to do after the meeting and then no doubt drinks and things with sponsors etc.....no way could he do the ELRC , an event he'd never committed to anyway..........we will see what his dedication to Britain is like but it can't be judged on this

And talking of rider withdrawals...top riders have always pulled out of events , going back to when I first started going in the 70's ..I've been to plenty of individual events and a top draw card had pulled out...Ole Olsen was a culprit, Malcolm Simmons up north you always expected a programme change......it's not a new thing for sure...I was disappointed plenty of times as a kid I can well remember..

• Like 4

Why because i dont blindly believe everything people say? How many times has he blamed his engines etc for being pants in thr GP.

mdmc82 is Coventry Bees equivalent of Starman. Ignore it :)

Edited by Jacques
  • Like 1

Janowski won the meeting but didn't win the title. Why do we have to have a semi-final and final ?? :mad:

Bring back the good old days when getting the most points from your five rides was good enough.

• Like 9

The semi and final were the best races of the night for obvious reasons.

The BSPA MUST put more effort into running this meeting. Apart from the heats and a couple of interviews that was it. And one victory parade other than the semi and final by the riders, just not good enough!

Do they have a working party that decide on the presentation of this meeting or what?

Janowski won the meeting but didn't win the title. Why do we have to have a semi-final and final ?? :mad:

Bring back the good old days when getting the most points from your five rides was good enough.

Semi finals and finals are a highlight of a meeting...it's all well and good saying the most points wins but I've seen many a dull meeting over the years with that...as soon as a rider has a slow start to a meeting then they switch off...at least semis and a final keeps the meeting alive...it keeps the racing competitive because riders still have a chance....and the meeting builds to a big climax rather than a damp squib which was often the case...not everything that once happened in speedway is great and some things are better.

• Like 2

From the SGB site:

DOYLE WINS ELRC

SATURDAY MARCH 21, 2015
elrc15_4.jpg HOME favourite Jason Doyle held his nerve to claim a memorable victory in a tense Elite League Riders’ Championship at Leicester.

The Lions’ No.1 fended off fellow Grand Prix riders Niels-Kristian Iversen, Maciej Janowski and Troy Batchelor to claim a sensational victory in the first major event of the 2015 campaign.

The fast-starting Australian was amongst the leaders all evening in a tight event as the top riders in British speedway did battle.

He narrowly missed out on a place directly in the Grand Final with Iversen edging ahead of him on countback after both finished on 12.
When Doyle then took an awkward looking tumble on the opening bend of the semi-final his hopes looked to be in tatters – yet he dusted himself down to claim an unforgettable win.

Poole man Maciej Janowski had looked well set for victory having reeled off four consecutive wins to top the scorechart on 13 points, whilst Iversen continued his spectacular return from the injury which prematurely ended his 2014 campaign.

However, it was Doyle who held his nerve in a dramatic Grand Final to cap off a fine showing, and the popular 29 year old was in jubilant mood after giving his early season momentum a major boost.

Said Doyle: “It’s a dream come true to finally win an Elite League Riders’ Championship.

“It’s one of the hardest meetings to ride all season, and to beat the guys I did to win the title means a lot to me.

“To make a good start in the final and control it from there was a spectacular moment for myself, and it’s a massive boost going into the 2015 season.”

The meeting proved a wide-open contest throughout, with nine riders claiming race wins over the course of the evening.

Defending Champion Troy Batchelor kept his hopes alive with a classy win in heat 20 to edge into the semi-finals ahead of Chris Holder, Fredrik Lindgren and late call-up Szymon Wozniak.

When Hans Andersen fell whilst comfortably holding second place in the semi-final to gift Batchelor a spot in the Final you sensed it may be his night.

Yet it was his Aussie compatriot Doyle who refused to be stopped as he stormed to a well-deserved win whilst Iversen prevailed in a tight scrap with Janowski to edge second place.

ELITE LEAGUE RIDERS’ CHAMPIONSHIP, Leicester:
Maciej Janowski 13, Niels-Kristian Iversen 12, Jason Doyle 12, Hans Andersen 10, Scott Nicholls 10, Troy Batchelor 9, Chris Holder 8, Fredrik Lindgren 8, Szymon Wozniak 8, Matej Zagar 7, Bjarne Pedersen 6, Kenneth Bjerre 6, Nick Morris 5, Richard Lawson 4, Mikkel Bech 1, Chris Harris 0, Josh Auty (res) 0, Josh Bates (res) 0.

SEMI-FINAL: Doyle, Batchelor, Nicholls, Andersen (f/exc)
FINAL: Doyle, Iversen, Janowski, Batchelor

Picture: JEFF DAVIES

Adrian Miedzinski?!

He didnt merely withdraw did he? He declined the invitation and surely someone with your savvy would appreciate he isnt just one of the riders who took part in his meeting that would just pack up and bugger off to wherever they are riding next? It was HIS Testimonial after all i mean the clue is in the meeting title ADRIAN MIEDZINSKI Testimonial....take a closer look at the likes of Harris who cheated the public by turning up but at the same time didnt! Groin strain my backside

• Like 2

He didnt merely withdraw did he? He declined the invitation and surely someone with your savvy would appreciate he isnt just one of the riders who took part in his meeting that would just pack up and bugger off to wherever they are riding next? It was HIS Testimonial after all i mean the clue is in the meeting title ADRIAN MIEDZINSKI Testimonial....take a closer look at the likes of Harris who cheated the public by turning up but at the same time didnt! Groin strain my backside

Wasn't a groin strain, it was a leg injury substained in the heat 15 the previous night. How did he cheat the public. I'm sure most bees fans would rather he kept himself safe for the season.

mdmc82 is Coventry Bees equivalent of Starman. Ignore it :)

Just a coventry fan who has watched Harris ride for many years in EL without excuse and when in pain. Why should he make injury worse esp when he has his testimonial on Sunday.

• Like 1

So Doyle wins. Will he be staying around to collect the trophy or will he leave like last night at Coventry when he left instead of coming out with his team?

Do you know why he rushed off the previous evening? Until you know, you should not be criticising him.

For all fans of processions, there's another good one happening in Leicester today. Won't set you back £25 though

• Like 3

Great stuff Doyley and you've certainly come a very, very long way in the ten years (well nine as you missed one season through injury I seem to remember) you have been racing over here and debuted for the Isle of Wight back in 2005. :)

And now add Harris to those taking the piss.

You go and tell that to his face..

Harris has pulled out of Ricky's meeting tonight due to injury.

Well to cover for pulling out yesterday he would of had to otherwise people would be asking questions as to why he pulled out of the ELRC but fit enough to ride today.