British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
TMW

Leicester V Coventry Emb 15 03 2015 12:00 Start

Very cold afternoon, the stadium improvements they have made are to put some boards at the back of the home straight stands.

The meeting was a bit boring and the Coventry team looked poor, best race of the day Garrity and Wozinak fighting for the win fantastic riding from both of these young men.

Garrity looks to improved a lot and Leicester have a good find in the young pole.

It was a very cold day, mothers day and two other meeting being run on the same day so I wouldent read too much into the size of the crowd.

No clock on the centre green which I thought was a new rule for all clubs, the Ref missed Doyle stepping off his bike at the starting gate another new rule and King jumped the start twice in the same meeting should have been given a fine for repeat offence this isnt a new rule its just what I think should happen.

Really glad to get in my car at the end and warm up it got to the point where I couldent wait for it to finish.

It is not a new rule to have a clock on the centre green .

Most the improvements that were done during the winter people would not notice e.g the medical centre & changing room now based in the pits along with improved lighting in the pits for the riders during evening meetings.

A considerable amount of money also went into building this side so i think it's fair to say funds are to a limit with no income during the winter.

As for the meeting there was a few entertaining races & a lot of positives from a Leicester point of view espically Wozniak but i think it's fair to say let's not put too much pressure on the young lad let him grow & mature at his own rate he will have bad meetings .

Coventry were hampered by the missing Hans Andersen but i am confident it would still have been an easy victory for the lions.

Jamrog looked well out of his depth & will not be around long if that is the usual performance. The mass of Coventry fans that travelled today were let down by their team who should really be ashamed of the effort some of them put in espically Stuart Robson who's body language from the minute he walked through the pits gate was like he didn't want to be there.

Finally fair play to Jason Garrity for making the effort to catch Szymon Wozniak after the race to sportingly shake his hand after a very hard but fair heat number 8 elbows were galore & 2 young but commited riders with no fear.

A good meeting in my eyes but bigger test lay ahead for both sides so take today with a pinch of salt because it's EL which really matter although it is always nice to tonk your local rivals & hopefully seal the East Midlands bowl

Very cold afternoon, the stadium improvements they have made are to put some boards at the back of the home straight stands.

The meeting was a bit boring and the Coventry team looked poor, best race of the day Garrity and Wozinak fighting for the win fantastic riding from both of these young men.

Garrity looks to improved a lot and Leicester have a good find in the young pole.

It was a very cold day, mothers day and two other meeting being run on the same day so I wouldent read too much into the size of the crowd.

No clock on the centre green which I thought was a new rule for all clubs, the Ref missed Doyle stepping off his bike at the starting gate another new rule and King jumped the start twice in the same meeting should have been given a fine for repeat offence this isnt a new rule its just what I think should happen.

Really glad to get in my car at the end and warm up it got to the point where I couldent wait for it to finish.

Edited by lionking
  • Like 1

My first visit to Leicester and I enjoyed it. A tidy little stadium and more passing than I've seen at meetings at some other tracks, certainly a lot better than the meeting I saw on the betting feed last season. I didn't think it was very cold, but the wind made it uncomfortable to watch from the home straight, whereas it was quite OK sheltered on the back straight. It's just a pity that they didn't book an EL team to provide the opposition...

• Like 1

Lionking, you are a complete tool. An apology for the insensitive way you spoke about Hans missing the meeting is a must.

• Like 1

Knew leicester looked good - even with andersen coventry still would of had a pasting

Get ris of that pole what a waste of 5.50 - havin a higher average than harris and andersen in poland means sod all, both rubbish over there these days.

I think klindt would be a better bet at least hed average around 5! Jamrog wont get 3. Awful signing

• Like 2

My post wasn't insensitive in any way simply asked if he has had a family issue why didn't he stay in Denmark with his family where he is needed/wants to be instead of flying over for an important press & practise day

Lionking, you are a complete tool. An apology for the insensitive way you spoke about Hans missing the meeting is a must.

My post wasn't insensitive in any way simply asked if he has had a family issue why didn't he stay in Denmark with his family where he is needed/wants to be instead of flying over for an important press & practise day

He was already over here at the time when he found out.

@DannyKingRacing:👎. Alot of mechanical issues in the team. But thats why we have challenges so it doesnt happen when the serious stuff starts.

Hoping he's right and that's all it was as Harris was like a different rider at night and flying.

Leicester will be one of our hardest tracks away like last year as team of racers. The real idea will be how they are at home on Friday.

Edited by mdmc82

Rule about stepping off the bike at the start has been amended and riders CAN get off.

Maybe you should read your post again. It was insensitive and quite disrecpectful to Hans but I'm sure he wont losr any sleep over you

• Like 3

Maybe you should read your post again. It was insensitive and quite disrecpectful to Hans but I'm sure he wont losr any sleep over you

Get the feeling that even if he re-reads it 100 times it wont make a scrap of difference

R.E.S.T.E.C.P. Booyakashaaaaa

No he wasn`t from Poole he was a Leicesterite.

you sure he wasn't waving a gun, highly possible if he was a lestarite

Edited by jim the whipper

Perhaps when he's finished reading his own insensitive post again he can also read through his second one because he hit the nail on the head saying "an important press & practise day" because that's exactly what it is - riders meeting up as a team for the first time, receiving their suits, having photos taken, getting out on the track, meeting the fans. As has already been said Hans was already over here but then flew back to be with his family. He's hardly going to want to ride on 'Mother's Day' is he?

......Jim the Whipper.......you sure he wasn't waving a gun, highly possible if he was a lestarite.

Yes, always gun fights in Leicester every day. Only yesterday I had to run for cover as a neighbour ran after another one down the street firing a gun at him. The dogs were terrified. I tried to get them to chase after him and do a rugby tackle but they were having none of it. Wimps.

Edited by Gemini
  • Like 1

The post about the wind on the start straight is something that is always a problem at BP. Not sure if it is the fence that that channels the wind over the track in that area. Because when I went on Saturday, there was hardly any sign of a breeze outside the stadium, as soon as you get to sit in the stand nearest the pits the wind hit you and it is even there on a warm day so it must be as I said something to do with the fence.

The boards on the back of the stands where put in place before the end of last season, must have been around the last 3 meeting, when the council was having a go at the track, not sure what upset the apple cart, but they told the stadium noise from the stands was above the level required. Can't really see who it would have upset anyway, other than a few shoppers dowm and Beumont Lees shopping centre.

It is time the coucil came to their senses and either used the area around the stadium as origanally planned with various sporting complexes. Or if not to let the stadium have the ground to the rear of the dissabled parking area, as a carpark.

It looks like something from a bombsite, overgrown with weeds and distracting from what the impresion it gives to the stadium as you walk up the path.

But it seems that the local council will not backdown on the use of the land around the stadium. Shame for it would make a far better impression to people not only localy but from people coming to the area.

Leicester probably have the best line up they have ever had since speedway came back to the city.

It was good to see Josh Auty riding the track so well, a big bonus. Coventry were bad, in fact very bad,

Better opposition will be on its way, but perhaps a top four finnish is realistic this year.

• Like 1

I think they have a really good chance of making the top 4 this season. Lets hope they stay together and not have riders leaving after a few meetings. They have now got a very good line up, there are no teams that really stick outas top teams this year. So it should be a very good season all told.