British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
TMW

Leicester V Coventry Emb 15 03 2015 12:00 Start

All those who said Auty would struggle because he can't gate are looking silly now!

harris not doing very well either and he's a Gp rider

The only one to get a double figure score? Beat all of Leicesters top 5 apart from Doyle. Not a scintillating score but acceptable from Harris as a number 5 away from home.

I'd question other areas of the side.

• Like 1

No apology from lionking either. Well done for the most insensitive post of the year so far. :neutral: I'd say it was more important to be part of the Coventry team photos at press and practice day and try the track out than be at Leicester on Sunday for a run of the mill challenge match. Condolences to Hans and his family.

Should change his name to w a n k etc

• Like 1

early days, but a great showing from all the lions and you can't ask for more.

• Like 2

Great start for the Lions. Most teams will struggle there.

What was the final score, went to the practice sesion yesterday, but it was to far to travel for me again as I am not in the best of health at the moment, had to come home early yesterday as it was just to cold for me.

I pressume we won, so what where the team scores and how did all the riders perform. Jason had a terrible day yesterday trying to get his bike set up right, never saw how he went on at the end, but they where really stuggling to get it even running, let alone, even getting in one lap around the track.

What was the final score, went to the practice sesion yesterday, but it was to far to travel for me again as I am not in the best of health at the moment, had to come home early yesterday as it was just to cold for me.

I pressume we won, so what where the team scores and how did all the riders perform. Jason had a terrible day yesterday trying to get his bike set up right, never saw how he went on at the end, but they where really stuggling to get it even running, let alone, even getting in one lap around the track.

This has made me smile ...

You would at least hope Robson and Jamrog beat the reserves. I don't put too much on these challenges but it's a tad concerning.

Robson looked very out of sorts. Hope he gets it together. I like him and I'm sorry Cov but it is a disgrace that Jamjar has a place and Richie Worrall doesn't. Can only think it's the stupid antiquated asset system that has caused this anomally. Cov did seem rudderless which is unusual for Harris

Edited by TMW
  • Like 1

It's a gate and go track so wasn't going to be great but at least scoring, he also has harder heats.

More worried about the other 2 who are struggling against reserves.

King and reserves are a positive.

If you think that was a "gate and go" meeting you sadly don't know too much about speedway as I have always suspected.This was a half decent meeting with several good heats the best being heat 8 with a fantastic tussle between Wozniak and Garrity.I say speedway meeting rather than match,quite frankly there wasn't a match at all,Coventry for the best part were worse than awful in fact I would say pathetic and without Harris making a few good passes Cov would have suffered an even worse drubbing than they actually received!

You know what I've just had one of best and funniest afternoons in my recent memory.......Cov better than Leicester.....NO CHANCE!...wooden spoonists in my opinion!

• Like 1

LIONS 63 (Doyle 14+1 paid max, Michelsen 9 (inc 3 wins), Walasek 8+1 (Retired first ride), Wozniak 11 (inc 3 wins), Pedersen 7+2, Auty 10+2 paid max, Morley 4 BEES 27 (Robson 1, King 6+1, Jamrog 0, Harris 10, Garrity 7, Sarjeant 3).....awesome from the Lions

Robson looked very out of sorts. Hope he gets it together. I like him and I'm sorry Cov but it is a disgrace that Jamjar has a place and Richie Worrall doesn't. Can only think it's the stupid antiquated asset system that has caused this anomally. Cov did seem rudderless which is unusual for Harris

Worrall isn't an option as Coventry already have 2 doubling up riders (which is stupid as both have to put Coventry first anyway so it's not like we'd have loads of riders missing if we signed another). And Worrall rides for Somerset, a Friday club like Coventry.

This has made me smile ...

I must say it didn't make me smile at all yesterday. I have an infected ulcer on one of my toes, that has now eaten about 10mm deap into my toe. To say that it felt like I had been hit on my toe with a sledge hammer after sitting for over an hour and then having an even more painful 25 mile drive home, made me change my mind about turning out today.

Would have loved to have gone, and the team really looked good yesterday what I saw of the. The young Pole was really giving it a go and it showed he had been having a few practice sessions at BP the week before.

Really good to see that he was in a tussle with Garity, from what I saw of them and the whole team in general, I think that after they have had a couple of meeting to get it together, we will have a side that could very well make it into the top 4 this season.

It is maybe on of the most contented years in the EL as there are nonoe of the teams that really shine out this year, with the team with the most money drawing all the best riders, it will be far closer this year than the last few seasons with only the same handful of teams being there at the top at the run in.

Looking forward to it all starting off, but it could be a long wait for me to get to a meeting at home or away, unless the weather warms up a lot or they sort my toe out soon.

LIONS 63 (Doyle 14+1 paid max, Michelsen 9 (inc 3 wins), Walasek 8+1 (Retired first ride), Wozniak 11 (inc 3 wins), Pedersen 7+2, Auty 10+2 paid max, Morley 4 BEES 27 (Robson 1, King 6+1, Jamrog 0, Harris 10, Garrity 7, Sarjeant 3).....awesome from the Lions

Thanks for that I was really sad that I had to miss this. It could be a long wait before I get to my first meeting this season.

Worrall isn't an option as Coventry already have 2 doubling up riders (which is stupid as both have to put Coventry first anyway so it's not like we'd have loads of riders missing if we signed another). And Worrall rides for Somerset, a Friday club like Coventry.

Just saying !

The rules stops us. Can only have 2 double uppers. I'd also look closer to home if your suggesting we shold have a brit instead of a Pole.

Edited by woz01

Superb home win, One decent race out of 15 heats . Track was slick and crowd looked thin for a local derby. Think the lions will do really well this season at home.