British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
TMW

Coventry V Leicester 20 March Emb 2nd Leg

Well Horton is pondering changes according to the paper

Ulamek or Buzz would be great if possible.

• Like 1

You're right it wasn't a very good advert for speedway unfortunately but it was the first meeting so hopefully the track will settle down and the racing will get better. Although there were still a fair few amount of genuine passes, nothing compares to Peterborough on Sunday where there were passes in the majority of races. If you've never been to The Showground you want to get yourself over there sometime. Lots of Sunday afternoon meetings this year.

I saw several dogs at Coventry and I also walked round with Lucy before the match started. I even stopped to talk to one strange Leicester fan, standing with all the others on the 1st bend, who had what looked like a Lion stuck on his head. Nice chap though. ;) Afterwards, as I told you before, I'm on the 4th bend but Lucy is harder to spot then because she's usually asleep on her blanket.

You are so correct regarding the racing At Peterborough.

Ulamek or Buzz would be great if possible.

How old is Ulamek now?

How old is Ulamek now?

Born 20.11.75 so about 39

Ask Wolves fans about Sowka - failed to average 2 yet Polish form suggested they had a star in the making. On the other hand, go back and bit further and ask Wolves fans about Skornicki and he wasn't anything special in Poland but he's generally been pretty good in the UK. Then there THJ and Peter Ljung, both capable riders who do well in Sweden and Poland but never done it in the UK.

Yeah you are never quite sure what you will get when you bring over a rider to Britain. Sowka is a good example of someone who completely failed over here, Jamrog could be another!

Edited by woz01

Same league. They all rode 2nd division last year. Averages here

Interesting although I see Harris had only 8 metings. Meanwhile from the stats it looks like Leicester have landed the best prospect in Wozniak who managed 8 points on Saturday in the ELRC as a late replacement not bad for a No. 4 rider. Could be heat leader material by end of year once he has seen all of the tracks?

• Like 1

How old is Ulamek now?

Still better option, likes the bees and capable of doing the job

I see Jamrog is riding tonight at Wolves, at least it will give him some practice for when Bees visit there!

Good grief! I can't see him being able to ride the Monmore Green track very well.

Hope they've got a good strong air fence. :lol:

• Like 1

Yes, I realise that he's a wimp and doesn't want to see me face to face after saying it's cruel taking a dog to Speedway. :P

Wimp Lol It is cruel taking a dog to speedway and alot of people would agree. I just don't understand why someone would want to take a dog there. Had I seen you I would of said hello but I didn't this time.

As for Peterborough it's the best race track in Britain and where the ELRC should of been held.

• Like 1

Wimp Lol It is cruel taking a dog to speedway and alot of people would agree. I just don't understand why someone would want to take a dog there. Had I seen you I would of said hello but I didn't this time.

As for Peterborough it's the best race track in Britain and where the ELRC should of been held.

Can you please explain to me, in the realms of 'cruel' as you call it, is the problem with taking a dog to a Speedway meeting?

Can you please explain to me, in the realms of 'cruel' as you call it, is the problem with taking a dog to a Speedway meeting?

Speedway is Not the right environment for a pet, flying shale could unnecessary hurt them,the noise,ect dogs should be banned from all stadiums.

Speedway is Not the right environment for a pet, flying shale could unnecessary hurt them,the noise,ect dogs should be banned from all stadiums.

I think, as this isn't an easy post to decipher, we have a challenger to Starman?

Blimey. Flying shale and noise. We're not really in the habit of hanging over the fence. :lol: Even though I get rather irritated by people who generalise about all dogs being the same terrified little creatures, if you are on Facebook look my name up - Janet Hambleton, Leicester - and you can see the latest photos of Lucy and Molly at Peterborough on Sunday. https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10153702794432785&set=pcb.10153702799197785&type=1&theater

Do they look bovvered?

Edited by Gemini
  • Like 7

Swap pets for kids. Whats the difference?