British Speedway Forum
mdmc82

Coventry Bees V Wolves Friday 27th March

Yeh ! An Elite league team turning up away from home with a weakened side. Happy days !

How Sad !

Shock horror, thats never happened before.

What a bloody joke. Riders shouldn't be allowed to chose. There are rules that dictate how it works. EL club gets priority if rider is owned by EL or NL club but PL club get priority if he's owned by a PL club.

You've missed the bit that states that an arrangement can be made if the NL rider is not owned by either EL or PL. Clearly an arrangement has been made where Lewis will rife all home meetings for his respective clubs. If both away he will ride for Wolves.

You've missed the bit that states that an arrangement can be made if the NL rider is not owned by either EL or PL. Clearly an arrangement has been made where Lewis will rife all home meetings for his respective clubs. If both away he will ride for Wolves.

Seems like common sense to me. It'll never catch on!

• Like 4

Should be coming to this for one of my only meetings this year due to work. So I hope the weather holds off and the Bees kick off with a win. Which I think they will easily.

That's what's confusing. Lewis says if it's a home meeting he rides for the home team. However Peterboroughs is at home tomorrow but he says he gets to decide?

Edited by mdmc82

Thursday March 26, 2015

COVENTRY will be looking to make the perfect start to their Elite League campaign – with victory over fierce local rivals Wolverhampton at Brandon on Friday (7.30pm).

The Buildbase Bees launch their chase for the play-offs with home and away clashes against the Monmore side, as the return fixture takes place on Monday.

After a convincing home performance last Friday against Leicester, and with new signing Joonas Kylmakorpi adding significant strength to the middle-order, Bees are optimistic of laying down a marker for the season, with a busy early schedule featuring nine Elite League matches before the end of April.

A win by any margin on Friday will be worth three Elite League points after a modification to the scoring system, and Bees feel they have power throughout the team to do just that.

Kylmakorpi last rode for the club in 2005, when he helped them to the Elite League title, with skipper Chris Harris also a member of that team.

Manager Gary Havelock said: “I know Joonas quite well, I rode with him for half a season in Sweden and he’s very much a seasoned pro and a great all-round motorcyclist.

“When you look at his average of 6.33, I believe most of that was achieved last season from a heat-leader spot, and we all know with the new race format, the rides there are way harder than at No.2 or No.4.

“I feel he’ll definitely get his average, at least, at most places home or away, so going forward there’s no doubt the move is going to make us a lot stronger, and hopefully we can hit the ground running on Friday.

“Speaking as an ex-rider, I do have a lot of sympathy for Jakub (Jamrog), it would have been nice for him to have had more time to see if he could come good, but as Mick (Horton) has said, this is about business and winning meetings.”

Wolverhampton are led by top Swedish star Freddie Lindgren, and the evergreen Peter Karlsson lines up as one of their second-strings.

They also include Polish newcomer Tobiasz Musielak, whilst former Coventry Storm rider Stefan Nielsen guests for the unavailable Lewis Blackbird, who has a fixture clash with Peterborough in the Premier League Cup.

Friday’s match is the start of a busy weekend at Brandon, as on Sunday afternoon Harris stages his Testimonial meeting with a packed schedule of track action in prospect.

BUILDBASE BEES (from): Hans Andersen, Jason Garrity, Chris Harris, Danny King, Joonas Kylmakorpi, Stuart Robson, James Sarjeant.

WOLVERHAMPTON (from): Josh Bates, Peter Karlsson, Freddie Lindgren, Tobiasz Musielak, Stefan Nielsen, Jacob Thorssell, Ricky Wells.

Out of the available riders, Stefan is a good choice of guest for Blackbird. Always rides Brandon well.

Weather forecast currently looking good. With it being being the first meeting of the season and a local derby, I would imagine there will be a good crowd.

Hopefully the supremes cd has been thrown away and the start/winning jingles Have returned.

Edited by mdmc82

:rofl::t:

Roynon injured so only really 2nd tier riders available. Therefore Stefan is one of the best on the availability list on the Brandon track.

Robson has said nothing is broken, which is great news. He is staying in hospital overnight for observation.

Kus guests in his place. Interesting choice of guest. Good luck to him.

Edited by mdmc82

Friday March 27, 2015

COVENTRY’S Stuart Robson has been ruled out of the opening Elite League fixture of the season against Wolverhampton at Brandon on Friday.

Robson was involved in a crash when racing for his Premier League club Redcar on Thursday, and was taken to hospital for assessment of leg and arm injuries, having also taken a knock to the head.

Bees have booked Robson’s Bears team-mate Matej Kus to guest on Friday, the Czech rider having scored nine (paid eleven) in the match against Workington.

View Full Site

Robson has said nothing is broken, which is great news. He is staying in hospital overnight for observation.

Kus guests in his place. Interesting choice of guest. Good luck to him.

Havvy knows Kus well, should do a steady enough job.

Robson will be missed but hopefully Kus will be able to pick up some points

Weather forecast is dry and sunny all day 😄 wrap up warm though lol.

Musielak out of tonight's meeting. Crashed in Poland yesterday.

Musielak out of tonight's meeting. Crashed in Poland yesterday.

Hope he's okay. Any news on replacement? Have team that have riders that go well at Brandon so R/R wouldn't make them any weaker

Edited by mdmc82