British Speedway Forum
mdmc82

Wolves V Coventry Monday 30th March

Wolves didn't Friday when RR scored better than the rider would have

4 pts?

No guarantee at all that was more than Musielak would have scored. He was more likely to go well at Cov first meeting than Monmore.

It exists with a caveat that the MC can over ride it.

So Wolves must have had permission on Friday?

There was a rule which prevented the use of rider-replacement for a rider who had not previously ridden for a club. Has this rule been scrapped?

Item (b...

16.5.2 For an absent Rider with (a) an assessed MA, or (b has been approved in a team’s declared

line-up at the start of the season, a 28-day Facility may be granted at MC’s discretion.

ATB

Dave

edited to change brackets b brackets = a smiley

Edited by Gambo

Rather harsh criticism of the Coventry management I feel given that the promotion made the difficult telephone call to axe Jakub Jamrog to bring in Kylmakorpi. I hope the latter lives up to all the hype as I am sure he doesn't come cheap!

• Like 3

How's the weather at the moment?

Fine at the moment, dry with quite a breezy wind about. Unfortunately the problem (forecast) seems to be later, starting to rain about 3.00 and not letting up all evening.

If that turns out to be correct, then can't see the meeting being on, so fingers crossed that are wrong.

Fine at the moment, dry with quite a breezy wind about. Unfortunately the problem (forecast) seems to be later, starting to rain about 3.00 and not letting up all evening.

If that turns out to be correct, then can't see the meeting being on, so fingers crossed that are wrong.

Thanks. X

Rather harsh criticism of the Coventry management I feel given that the promotion made the difficult telephone call to axe Jakub Jamrog to bring in Kylmakorpi. I hope the latter lives up to all the hype as I am sure he doesn't come cheap!

Well the result will see if the decision was correct or not.

Well the result will see if the decision was correct or not.

Monday March 30, 2015

WOLVERHAMPTON have reluctantly postponed tonight's Elite League clash with great rivals Coventry at Monmore.

The club have taken into account several sources of weather forecasts which all say driving rain is expected for the area later in the day.

Promoter Chris Van Straaten said: "We have taken the early decision in the best interests of everybody to minimise inconvenience.

"We have looked at several weather forecasts from varios agencies and all say the same, so this is the sensible decision.

"Ironically the track is perfect at this moment and if the meeting was starting now we would be looking for Freddie Lindgren to go out there and take the track record!

"We are enemies on track, but I would like to thank Coventry for their instant co-operation in agreeing to a new date for this meeting of Monday April 27."

The next meeting at Monmore for the Parrys International Wolves is next Tuesday, April 7, when they face Belle Vue.

Edited by mdmc82

Monday March 30, 2015

WOLVERHAMPTON have reluctantly postponed tonight's Elite League clash with great rivals Coventry at Monmore.

The club have taken into account several sources of weather forecasts which all say driving rain is expected for the area later in the day.

Promoter Chris Van Straaten said: "We have taken the early decision in the best interests of everybody to minimise inconvenience.

"We have looked at several weather forecasts from varios agencies and all say the same, so this is the sensible decision.

"Ironically the track is perfect at this moment and if the meeting was starting now we would be looking for Freddie Lindgren to go out there and take the track record!

"We are enemies on track, but I would like to thank Coventry for their instant co-operation in agreeing to a new date for this meeting of Monday April 27."

The next meeting at Monmore for the Parrys International Wolves is next Tuesday, April 7, when they face Belle Vue.

Oh well that's that then.

Postponed because it might rain.

Sport becoming more and more mickey mouse with each passing day.

Ever seen a cricket match, 20/20 for example, postponed in advance because it 'might rain'?

I actually hope it doesn't rain till later.

• Like 3

Postponed because it might rain.

Sport becoming more and more mickey mouse with each passing day.

Ever seen a cricket match, 20/20 for example, postponed in advance because it 'might rain'?

I actually hope it doesn't rain till later.

Yes maybe the decision could of waited for another three hours at least.

If Garrity does get injured we will still have 6 riders remaining then we will still have a chance. 5 riders and covering R/R will be very difficult especially if it was early. We would have a couple of heats with 3 riders not including the reserve heat. If Wolves lose Lindgren early then they can cover every heat. As I said I'd have gone R/R but they have a valid reason for the guest. Maybe if a losing point wasn't in existence then they would've went R/R as then there would be nothing to lose.

If the match was on What would happen if half the cov team were caught in a traffic jam and never got there to 9 pm and so and so on ? you don't put a side out thinking that riders might get injured or a mishap might happen .

• Like 1

If the match was on What would happen if half the cov team were caught in a traffic jam and never got there to 9 pm and so and so on ? you don't put a side out thinking that riders might get injured or a mishap might happen .

It doesn't matter..

It seems 'what if' is the new fashion in speedway.

"What if" it rains. Better call it off.