Newcastle

Steve Worrall

Christian Henry

Lewis Kerr

Anton Rosen

Ludvig Lindgren

Lewis Rose

Simon Neilsen

On paper the comets are the stronger side and look likely winners of this first leg. Is Kenneth Hansen injured and will he feature in the match?

Hansen should be riding, he would have rode on Saturday had it not been called off

60-30 Comets

:o

Bloody Hell you've got plenty of faith in your team :lol: , would be nice to see that score and a bit of dry sunshine to go with it

Good luck Comets, stay safe and bring the trophy back home

If we gate better than we did up at Berwick we may just hold our own, if not then we are screwed. I think over two legs Worky will be too strong for us but looking forward to both matches.

could be r/r for lewis k after tonight. believed concussion. 7 day rule could kick in.

could be r/r for lewis k after tonight. believed concussion. 7 day rule could kick in.

Not sure about rider replacement but won't be riding in either fixture.

http://www.newcastlediamonds.co/news/article.asp?id=100371

Makes the job even harder now!!!

I am happy for our riders to be part of Elite League teams but how often are they injured and miss our fixtures. I know the boot can be on the other foot and he could have taken the knock riding for us. Its an occupational hazard but hard to bear for the riders other team. Enjoy your enforced absence Lewi I hope you don't suffer any lasting problems.

R/R will give our riders another 8 heats of practise between them before our League Cup campaign starts.

I am happy for our riders to be part of Elite League teams but how often are they injured and miss our fixtures. I know the boot can be on the other foot and he could have taken the knock riding for us. Its an occupational hazard but hard to bear for the riders other team. Enjoy your enforced absence Lewi I hope you don't suffer any lasting problems.

R/R will give our riders another 8 heats of practise between them before our League Cup campaign starts.

hes not 'our rider' though,.. Hes a KL rider who we borrow :)

hes not 'our rider' though,.. Hes a KL rider who we borrow :)

Yeah agreed Arson but the result is the same. After Sundays postponement I am looking forward to us getting off the starting blocks even though the Comets are stronger than the Bandits so it will be an even tougher opener

The Diamonds need at least one rider notching up heat wins in every match. Maybe Steve can do it? He had 2 wins at Berwick..If I were a gambler I would put my shirt on Lewis Rose coming good but I feel that it will be a few weeks into our fixtures when he settles into the groove.

Even though I think we have one of the weakest teams in the PL I am looking forward to the lads proving me wrong. if we struggle we will see some last heat deciders and they are always exciting matches although I would be happier with 60 points at home every week!!!!

Are the catering vans back for 2015?

There always was a van near the grandstand, the one on turns 1&2 disappeared, unsure if it will be there this year

Great trophy to be contested this weekend, hope Newcastle can win the trophy.

Team Lineups

Workington: 1. Kenneth Hansen, 2. Ricky Wells, 3. Rene Bach, 4. Rusty Harrison, 5. Kyle Howarth, 6. Nicki Barrett,

7. Nathan Greaves

Newcastle: 1. Steve Worrall, 2. Chrisitan Henry, 3. Lewis Kerr, 4. Anton Rosen, 5. Ludvig Lindgren, 6. Simon Nielsen, 7. Lewis Rose

Updates of tonight's meeting will be provided by Kevcfc and Me.

Edited by Elliot Hunt