British Speedway Forum
2ndbendbeerhut

Ipswich V Peterborough 3/4 Both Legs

Just looked on BBC weather

Cloudy with occasional rain at first, then becoming generally drier by the afternoon but staying rather cloudy. Winds remaining light.

Only a little better but better yes . Fingers crossed . Shame we ain't riding tonight it's perfect speedway weather out there tonight

• Like 1

I think we will get away with the weather to be honest, might have some drizzle in the morning but that is all it will be, should be a bright day tomorrow from around 11 onwards maybe a little chilly but nothing like the Billy Sanders meeting.

Fingers crossed tomorrow that the weather holds all day. Last year was baking hot, with a blue groove galore, this season, will be a blue lagoon probably!

• Like 1

Gotta be honest I haven't a clue what forecasts you lot are watching!

Every one I've seen for a few days, and still have seen today, are really poor.

Don't fancy our (panthers) chances much..might be abit early to say but I have a feeling our reserves are too weak..especially when we go r/r with no no1.

Well the rain is here very cloudy looks like it's going to hang around for a while

Well just go up and it is not nice in Ipswich this morning (understatement) raining quite heavily at the moment !

If it's like this for very long there's not a cat's chance of the home meeting taking place given the circumstances of last last weeks call off .

Yesterday was at least dry round here so im sure the track can take a bit of the wet stuff before becoming unrideable but im afraid im not optimistic about seeing Speedway today .

Can't see either happening today, looking at weather forecast for tonight, this looks less likely than it did yesterday!

Think the optimism levels for today might be in direct proportion to which weather forecasts people actually look at . Some say it's gonna stop in an hour or so and others say it's gonna rain most of the day !

I will certainly keep everyone posted on how the day develops here but I do live the other side of Ipswich and as we know Foxhall has its own micro climate so if anyone a bit closer to the stadium can give regular updates for that end of town im sure it will be appreciated by those travelling larger distances than myself ?

Edited by Super Blue

The BBC forecast seems a bit more positive for Foxhall with any rain (light drizzle currently) ending by 10 and then staying dry with just a small chance of further drizzle until after the meeting is due to be over.

For Alwalton however a second weather front is due bringing light rain at 3 becoming heavier at 6 and rain continuing until 10pm!