British Speedway Forum
mdmc82

Leicester V Coventry Sat 4th April

What a night great performance throughout the team and take a bow cam heeps great guest . Also I took my dad tonight who is in a wheelchair and I was admitted for free as his carer. Bravo Leicester and thank you it's a shame other clubs don't follow suit my disabled dad was well looked after and was treated courteously .

Thank you Leicester and up the bees

Edited by muffinman
  • Like 3

Reading this thread it would appear that Coventry have already won the league!!! Can't believe people are gloating about betting odds after 1 meeting!

• Like 3

Big thanks to Cameron Heeps because that 5-1 in heat 1 over Schlein and that miserable whingeing Aussie Doyle was a big plus.

As for Bees man of the match...take a bow Bjarne Pedersen

• Like 5

Well what do I know? I predicted a 20 point defeat and didn't really fancy going on my own to watch a slaughter with loads of smug Lions fans around me. So glad I went now and was surprised how many Coventry fans had made the journey so it was a bumper attendance and some good racing too. Nothing wrong with that track. :lol: The only thing that was rather annoying was the amount of tractor grading that took place during the first half - every couple of races. Surely this isn't necessary as it interrupts the flow of the match. Can't they find something else for Glyn to do, like being the team manager or something. :wink:

• Like 1

Just gor back. What a great win for the Bees. They looked like a side high on confidence and were able to control the match even after a T/R win from Rory Schlein. After a bit of a revival from the Lions they just settled it all down with a string of 3-3's. They definitely rode as a team shutting out any Leicester threat. Wouldn't like ti single out any one rider - they all chipped in. Hopefully, this is a sign of more to come.

For the Lions - well, I'd be planning for a Pedersen replacement. Kasperjak perhaps :wink: . The Poole pedigree shines through.

• Like 3

Big thanks to Cameron Heeps because that 5-1 in heat 1 over Schlein and that miserable whingeing Aussie Doyle was a big plus.

As for Bees man of the match...take a bow Bjarne Pedersen

I'd hate to see you on a bad day..;)

:D

• Like 1

Great team effort tonight from the Bees, solid from 1-7,and on this form we should give any team a match. The addition of JK has really strengthened the team giving us 4 solid heat leaders, with possibly the strongest reserves in the league.Classy touch from Leicester to have a minutes applause for Booey, and I bet he enjoyed looking down on a victory over our old rivals.

With the news that the Coventry Blaze today made it through to the Elite league Play Off Final it made a real Super Saturday. :lol::drink:

Edited by houdi
  • Like 3

That was a cracker. Great atmosphere, packed stadium, decent race track with several passes, plenty of close racing, a great view from the first bend and a totally motivated Bees team. Kylmakorpi was sensational. Happy Bee here!

• Like 4

Gemini sorry I can't agree with you over track grading. The track was in perfect condition for a great race meeting which it was. I don't know if you looked at the different types of grade carried out, a great track by Dave Hemsley and his track staff. Mick Horton what a great side you have presented us with, Joonas brilliant and was the final nail that was needed to make us a team capable of honours this season. Well done Mick!

Have to give credit when its due, well done to the Bees tonight. Lions had a bad night for some reason?? Early days so no bad reaction from me. But as the old school reports always used to say. Must do better !!

• Like 1

That was a cracker. Great atmosphere, packed stadium, decent race track with several passes, plenty of close racing, a great view from the first bend and a totally motivated Bees team. Kylmakorpi was sensational. Happy Bee here!

Good win for the boys tonight. An all around performance from the lads bring on poole can't wait for Friday

First visit to BP since last May. First and foremost congratulations to the Bees on a very professional performance. Also good to see them acknowledge their fans at the end. Not the best night for the Lions but Josh Auty looked tidy and competitive. Couple of passing moves by Bees riders early on and some robust first turns but all in all mostly gate and go processional stuff. At least the boundary fence looks smart now. Well done to the volunteers that did the hard work.

• Like 2