British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
NOBODY

Swindon V Poole 6 April

Didn't realise Number 5 was that easy?!

It used to be. Out with a reserve a few times, and an opposing reserve. Of the 3 heatleader places it was easiest. Now he's at 1 in this format even if he rides as well as before he'll drop to 7.

Nothing but bad luck for Swindon and they never seemed to recover from Batch withdrawing from the meeting.

Still, Poole demonstrate that we have a good all-round team that can apply pressure and points when needed.

I sincerely hope Rose,Batch and Miezindski are OK and fit enough to return to the team soon.

Edited by Poole Quay 7
  • Like 2

Nothing but bad luck for Swindon and they never seemed to recover from Batch withdrawing from the meeting.

Still, Poole demonstrate that we have a good all-round team that can apply pressure and points when needed.

I sincerely hope Rose and Batch are OK and fit enough to return to the team soon.

Nice post PQ7, good to see a Poole fan showing some class after winning.. :t:

Very unlike some of the supercilious comments from one other Poole fan :wink:

No need for the Robins to panic yet though, luck was against us tonight, but you do wonder how Gomolski slipped through the net after a paid max from 3 rides today and I believe he is currently on a 3 point something average..

• Like 4

Sounds like Lady Luck left the Abbey for Swindon today, hope all injured riders are OK firstly, but well done to Poole, they took advantage of the situation and that's fair play.

I think those being negative need to look at the positives with Nick, Kyle and Zengi all putting in decent performances. Get Troy and Adrian fit and firing and it doesn't look all doom and gloom. Long way to go, but it can only get better.

Edited by 65Sarge
  • Like 1

Hope Adrian's injury isn't as bad as it sounds.

Edited by mdmc82

Firstly hope all 3 riders are ok, especially AM, but what a tedious afternoon for the big crowd in great weather, probably a few newbies there... 3 hours. First time I've left a meeting after heat 11, but the match finished at heat 3, and so many sodding re-runs, wont encourage many to return for the Lakeside match or the rest of the season, waste of 40 quid.

Even the ref gave up... awarding heat 13 on lap 2.

Edited by Ronnie Conkerman

Hoping Batchelor, Rose and Miedzinski are all ok..............

I think again too many injuries too early on.............the question is is it rider error, poor track preparation or changes to the silencers or machinery in general that are causing the incidents..............

RP

First and formost, i hope all the Swindon boys make a speedy recovery, Batch and Rose, although reading about Adrian it doesn't sound so good.
Nice to get all four point from a localish derby, but would rather had seen us do it with all rides intact..

• Like 4

Well done to Poole but not much Luck for Swindon ...great crowd shame about all the crashes .

I think again too many injuries too early on.............the question is is it rider error, poor track preparation or changes to the silencers or machinery in general that are causing the incidents..............

RP

Riders are tweeting that the track was good but it was just one of those nights everyone racing hard.

RP

Probably a bit of all 3, janowski's footrest caught in batch's wheel in heat 3 crash, you couldn't see bend 3 for dust!