British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Panthers89

Rye House Vs Peterborough Panthers 6/4/15 Lc

You must be loaded Shads!!!

I wish mate!! Problems of having a partner that supports a different team to me. Have to go everywhere TWICE!!

Edited by Shads
  • Like 3

DONT get me wrong, I'm not moaning at Rye House promotion or anything, end of the day, you run your business how you want, but if was me, I'd rather have fans coming in for something, rather than not coming at all.

Think for next season, EVERY team in the league, should do a deal, where if your a season ticket holder, you get 20% of when you go away with your team of entrance, that way, you will get an atmosphere, you will get fans coming through the doors that you might not have, it's a win win deal for everyone.

For Peterborough fans begrudge paying out £20 and walking away think the promotion could have sorted something out!!

• Like 1

DONT get me wrong, I'm not moaning at Rye House promotion or anything, end of the day, you run your business how you want, but if was me, I'd rather have fans coming in for something, rather than not coming at all.

Think for next season, EVERY team in the league, should do a deal, where if your a season ticket holder, you get 20% of when you go away with your team of entrance, that way, you will get an atmosphere, you will get fans coming through the doors that you might not have, it's a win win deal for everyone.

What if your club don't offer season tickets? What if they do and you can't afford, or don't wish to shell out £250+?

There have been double headers at Rye House for years and people moaning about them for years.

I remember fans of an NL side being allowed in after the first meeting at a reduced rate once

What if your club don't offer season tickets? What if they do and you can't afford, or don't wish to shell out £250+?

There have been double headers at Rye House for years and people moaning about them for years.

I remember fans of an NL side being allowed in after the first meeting at a reduced rate once

You wont please everyone, lets face it, and how else can/will you prove your a fan of the away side? Chances are, if your going to the away meetings, and quite a few, you own a season ticket, as your a dedicated fan.

As you said in another post Shadders, every club does double headers, and majority of the time, there is someone that will lose out.

Thing is if away clubs did offer a reduction for other season tickets then a lot more may be bought in the first place! Personally I've never had a season ticket but if there was an incentive to do so then i would...

Thing is if away clubs did offer a reduction for other season tickets then a lot more may be bought in the first place! Personally I've never had a season ticket but if there was an incentive to do so then i would...

Exactly, as you'd be saving money long term, its a win'win move.

What time would you have to leave Rye House to get back to Peterborough in time for the meeting?

I am a Panthers fan but don't live near Peterborough, so have no idea how long it would take

• Like 1

What time would you have to leave Rye House to get back to Peterborough in time for the meeting?

I am a Panthers fan but don't live near Peterborough, so have no idea how long it would take

I live 2 minutes drive from the track. Takes me 75 minutes to drive to EOES (within speed limits)
  • Like 1

Remember the Peterborough match was only arranged on Friday I beleive? I would have thought if the promotion at Peterborough had any thought for their supporters they wouldn't have agreed to run on Monday night. But, Peterborough want to get as much money as they can this Easter coz like Rye House they're a business. I feel sorry for any Panthers fans who travel by public transport. Probably got a cheap rail ticket that's only available on a certain train on the way back.

Peterborough won't in my opinion get as many fans as they would have had the meeting have run on Friday as originally arranged. But I guess there's a cut off date for these League Cup fixtures and the Showground is available Monday.

£20 for two meetings is very good value for money and it will suite the vast majority of fans attending. Realistically I think for those Panthers fans who don't travel you'll miss a good meeting. Just think if this was an Elite League fixture you'd be paying around £20 for 15 races, every week.

I think people like to moan at anything these days.

But as the saying goes "you can't please all of the people all of the time!"

Edited by Paul

Remember the Peterborough match was only arranged on Friday I beleive? I would have thought if the promotion at Peterborough had any thought for their supporters they wouldn't have agreed to run on Monday night. But, Peterborough want to get as much money as they can this Easter coz like Rye House they're a business. I feel sorry for any Panthers fans who travel by public transport. Probably got a cheap rail ticket that's only available on a certain train on the way back.

Peterborough won't in my opinion get as many fans as they would have had the meeting have run on Friday as originally arranged. But I guess there's a cut off date for these League Cup fixtures and the Showground is available Monday.

£20 for two meetings is very good value for money and it will suite the vast majority of fans attending. Realistically I think for those Panthers fans who don't travel you'll miss a good meeting. Just think if this was an Elite League fixture you'd be paying around £20 for 15 races, every week.

I think people like to moan at anything these days. I

But as the saying goes "you can't please all of the people all of the time!"

At the end of the day it's the individual's choice whether to travel or not.

I can't help thinking that if they had a full strength team in form and it was a meaningful match to them they'd be here in their droves

Edited by Shads

It's £17 or £18 at every EL track.

Someone above posted a simple solution, anyone wanting to leave after the first meeting gets a refund on the way out.

Edited by SCB

It's £17 or £18 at every EL track.

Someone above posted a simple solution, anyone wanting to leave after the first meeting gets a refund on the way out.

Included a proggy in that figure.