British Speedway Forum
mdmc82

Swindon V Lakeside Thur 9th April

I thought the meeting was ok last night, a few decent races and well run. The weather was absolutely balmy for Swindon in April!

• Like 4

Well I enjoyed the meeting, apart from the tractor racing. Hans and Lewis showed that they liked the track and thanks to them we won the meeting. Many thanks to Hans and Scott for getting in touch with Rosco and offering their services following the injuries suffered by our riders last monday, also to Lewis who I am sure would be a welcome guest any time our FTR rider is not available.

Lakeside have had good results at Swindon before and they did better than I thought they would.

• Like 4

Then again, I only go 3 or 4 times a year. So maybe not! :)

If you only go 4 or 5 times a year, perhaps you should go more often to raise the atmosphere. If it works, you may even get a sponsor to make it more affordable. Personally, I thought it was a good meeting & a pleasure to watch Hans in full flow. What a move in heat 15, simply sublime. I do not understand all the bitching about re-grading the track. We now have a superb racing surface & without the grading being done, it would quickly deteriorate & I expect those very same whingers would be saying "what a lousy track".

• Like 4

If you only go 4 or 5 times a year, perhaps you should go more often to raise the atmosphere. If it works, you may even get a sponsor to make it more affordable. Personally, I thought it was a good meeting & a pleasure to watch Hans in full flow. What a move in heat 15, simply sublime. I do not understand all the bitching about re-grading the track. We now have a superb racing surface & without the grading being done, it would quickly deteriorate & I expect those very same whingers would be saying "what a lousy track".

I think the track is better prepared than it has been for a long time

• Like 1

Tractors have been going around tracks since i started watching in the 80s, it's not exactly a new phenomenon. More needs to be done while they are grading the track, a bit more fan interaction would be a start. Ice Hockey do that well in between intervals.

• Like 1

I only went to this as was on holiday and it certainly didn't entertain me. Hans was good and EK was a different rider to the one we saw on TV last week but outside of those two, the riders were very inconsistent. Prior to the meeting, I'm sure they were playing 70's music (or very early 80's) and there was little or no atmosphere throughout the night. I have certainly lost my love of the sport and the tired presentation did nothing to rekindle my passion for the sport. Processional racing heat in heat out didn't help either!

You need a 30-plus year break like I had!63--72, then 2004-present... Although since watching for a 2nd.time since 2004 losing a bit of enthusiasm meself after the 3-hour meeting on Monday . At least the weather was good, and we sat on the chairs. You don't get any atmosphere at speedway now. Will probably go a few more times this year then look forward to the new stadium next year and a guaranteed seat. The music is ok..AC/DC is compulsory at speedway stadia.

I enjoyed my first visit to Swindon, looks to be a decent big track.

Preparation seemed reasonable, grading is a necessity in between races, I don't understand why anybody would complain about that.

I didn't notice any watering being done and that may have helped create a few lines. The racing was fairly processional to me with passing at a premium.

It's a shame that Abbey Stadium is going to be lost, as with some investment it could be very good.

I think I read that the new track (if it appears) will be based on Cardiff? I feel sorry for Swindon fans if that the case as you'll have a small track with no passing, sad.

Why is the viewing under the grandstand so far below track level? Seems a bit odd.

I'm tempted to come again before it disappears for good.

• Like 2