British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
mudflaps

Panthers V Plymouth - Lc Sunday 12th April - 3pm

KING OF THE SHOWGROUND!

Great Britain international Danny King is on his way back to the East of England Showground.

The top Premier League star has agreed to guest for Peterborough in their Premier League Cup clash at home to Plymouth on Sunday (April 12, 3pm).

King, who spent two seasons as a Readypower Panthers rider earlier in his career, excelled in an Easter Monday visit to Alwalton for regular club Ipswich.

He notched 16 points for the Witches as they were beaten 56-37 after also recording a four-ride maximum in the reverse fixture at Foxhall on Good Friday which ended in a 53-39 Ipswich win.

Peterborough bosses have hired another familiar face for the Friday night (April 10) visit to the St Boniface Arena.

Lasse Bjerre, who finished last season as the club's number one, will step in for the trip to Devon.

"We are delighted with both guest bookings," said Panthers team boss Carl Johnson.

"We're currently looking to use the best guests available to cover at number one while Olly Allen is out injured.

"It doesn't get much better in the Premier League than having Richard Lawson twice on Easter Monday, Lasse on Friday and Danny on Sunday."

Panthers have clawed their way back into Southern Group contention after their Easter Monday derby double

PANTHERS

1. Danny King (G)
2. Michael Palm Toft
3. Robert Lambert
4. Lewis Blackbird
5. Ulrich Ostergaard
6. Oliver Greenwood
7. Simon Lambert

PLYMOUTH

1. Ryan Fisher
2. Jack Holder
3. Sam Simota
4. Kyle Newman
5. Morten Risager
6. Sam Chapman
7. Ashley Morris

• Like 1

PANTHERS

1. Danny King (G)

2. Michael Palm Toft

3. Robert Lambert

4. Lewis Blackbird

5. Ulrich Ostergaard

6. Oliver Greenwood

7. Simon Lambert

PLYMOUTH

1. Ryan Fisher

2. Jack Holder

3. Sam Simota

4. Kyle Newman

5. Morten Risager

6. Sam Chapman

7. Ashley Morris

Lasse now at 1 for Panthers not Danny

really? :o

what sauce has that come from? :D

Was on their official Twitter site yesterday. Surprised when you look at the form King currently has in the PL

I agree - very odd decision....

CHANGE OF PLAN

Thursday April 09, 2015
PETERBOROUGH have revised their guest plans for their Premier League Cup clashes against Plymouth in the coming days.

Lasse Bjerre will now line up at number one for the Readypower Panthers in both their Friday (April 10) trip to the St Boniface Arena (7.15pm) and the Sunday (April 12) return clash at the East of England Showground (3pm).

The club had initially expected to use Great Britain international Danny King in the home fixture, but now plan to offer him guest outings in the near future.

http://www.peterboroughpanthers.co/news.php?extend.2432

Maybe Louis had a word? Ipswich and Peterbrough are rivals in a very tight LC group.

Maybe Louis wasn't comfortable with the Panthers borrowing arguably the leagues best rider?

He maybe more at ease with King taking guest booking when the PL starts, hence the "but now the club plan to offer him guest bookings in the near future".

I'm only guessing here, but I doubt very much Peterbrough would have changed the guest on Sunday by choice, as good as Lasse is.

Not a bad substitute mind! Bjerre has started very well also.

I would actually like to see a rule that any guests cant come from sides in the same qualifying group. Just seems silly that good performance from one of your own riders could be the reason your team is knocked out.

Then in the latter stages guests only from those teams knocked out.

Similar should apply to the KOC and play offs.

Blimey I'm forbidden. :shock: What have I done to deserve that?

I only said the 3rd/4th bend was really deep and wet on Monday and some riders were struggling with it. :lol:

me too and I made similar comments so I think it must be why! wink
  • Like 2

I would actually like to see a rule that any guests cant come from sides in the same qualifying group. Just seems silly that good performance from one of your own riders could be the reason your team is knocked out.

Totally agree.

Peterborough can keep their grubby mits off King and use someone else :P

Edited by Hong Kong Phooey
  • Like 1

best post I have read in ages! :t:

• Like 1

Maybe, but there isn't such a rule, and I'd be surprised if Louis objected - it's a home match with Plymouth FFS! See last night.....

This rule might be a sound proposition for the play-offs, but it would be unworkable in the league or KO CUP. Might work for each League Cup group and then again for finalists though - there must always be a wide enough pool of riders available.

Maybe, but there isn't such a rule, and I'd be surprised if Louis objected - it's a home match with Plymouth FFS! See last night.....

This rule might be a sound proposition for the play-offs, but it would be unworkable in the league or KO CUP. Might work for each League Cup group and then again for finalists though - there must always be a wide enough pool of riders available.

agree you couldnt have it for the main league programme but could for all other comps.

LC - from other groups and thhose knocked out in latter stages.

Play offs - non qualifiers only

KOC - it is split into 2 halves so if needed in 1st round must be from other half and thereafter only from those knocked out.

Cant take it easy tomorrow thought against the Devils, otherwise all the hard work from the previous 3 meetings would be wasted.