British Speedway Forum
hackneyrocket

Rye House V Sheffield 18th April

Yes, David was at the back and I think his view was obscured by the riders in front of him.

Yes, that's how I remember it..... Didn't bother to say it on my updates as I didn't think it mattered in the circumstances and I was still in shock.

Yes, that's how I remember it..... Didn't bother to say it on my updates as I didn't think it mattered in the circumstances and I was still in shock.

Me too, still am to be honest... Longest trip home for along time.

Me too, still am to be honest... Longest trip home for along time.

I following your updates and also those from Shadders, as soon as I saw Shadders updates for heat 15, my heart just sunk because you could tell from the tone of the update that it was serious.

Edited by spin king

I following your updates and also those from Shadders, as soon as I saw Shadders updates for heat 15, my heart just sunk because you could tell from the tone of the update that it was pretty serious.

I have never felt so low leaving a speedway meeting ever, it was awful and the way we were being sheparded out of the stadium straight after the meeting made it worse, as we didn't have any idea what was happening.

I have never felt so low leaving a speedway meeting ever, it was awful and the way we were being sheparded out of the stadium straight after the meeting made it worse, as we didn't have any idea what was happening.

I remember after Ricky's crash at Scunny, Rob Godfrey was in tears announcing from the centre green. The meeting was abandoned and Ricky was in the ambulance and away from the stadium within 10 minutes of the incident. We knew then it was serious, but had no idea how much so..... In contrast, after Stuart Robson had smashed into the Mildenhall solid fence in 2007, we stood and watched from the back straight grass bank for over an hour as he was tended to by medical staff. He was still lying motionless on the track as we left West Row. It was only later we learned he'd shattered his pelvis.

Moments like that realise what a dangerous sport this is, yet Robbo and his like still carry on despite the risks involved.

Edited by Shads

I remember Robbo's crash at Mildenhall back in 2007, from the moment he hit the fence to the moment he was moved (Around 2 hours later) he was motionless, everyone at Mildenhall, I'm sure shadders will agree everybody knew how bad the injuries were. Last night was something a whole lot worse, IMO the way the situation was handled was wrong! The whole stadium was in shock as you know from the pin drop silence around the place, everyone left that stadium devastated at what they have just seen. The shouting from the track staff made everything worse for fans as well not sure if ushering fans out of the stadium without any update was wrong (Not a full doctors report but something), just something of reassurance for the fans, fellow riders ect. I know I was not the only one fearing the absolute worse when it happened and watching the air ambulance land really turned the stomachs.

I wish Simon a speedy recovery.

I remember Robbo's crash at Mildenhall back in 2007, from the moment he hit the fence to the moment he was moved (Around 2 hours later) he was motionless, everyone at Mildenhall, I'm sure shadders will agree everybody knew how bad the injuries were. Last night was something a whole lot worse, IMO the way the situation was handled was wrong! The whole stadium was in shock as you know from the pin drop silence around the place, everyone left that stadium devastated at what they have just seen. The shouting from the track staff made everything worse for fans as well not sure if ushering fans out of the stadium without any update was wrong (Not a full doctors report but something), just something of reassurance for the fans, fellow riders ect. I know I was not the only one fearing the absolute worse when it happened and watching the air ambulance land really turned the stomachs.

I wish Simon a speedy recovery.

We were in the Rye pub when we heard about the air ambulance. You always think the worst (head/spinal injuries). Thankfully it's not as serious as that

Edited by Shads

when compared to what ricky has gone through and riders like pip lamb, wilky, joe owen, rico, and others, we should be grateful that its only a couple of broken bones which should heal, as these guys risk life and limb to entertain us.

wishing steady all the best in his recovery to full fitness.

• Like 1

Like I say I was following both Tigerite and Shadders updates and you could tell that it was potentially very serious from his update on the race, and you kind of know then that you have something to worry about.

You also have to feel for David Bellego, he was not only hurt but the fact that there ws no way out from hitting his own team mate must have been very painful and upsetting for the lad.

• Like 2

Like I say I was following both Tigerite and Shadders updates and you could tell that it was potentially very serious from his update on the race, and you kind of know then that you have something to worry about.

You also have to feel for David Bellego, he was not only hurt but the fact that there ws no way out from hitting his own team mate must have been very painful and upsetting for the lad.

I agree Spin King, we've heard nothing about how David is, is he injured or just bruised? Posted the question on the tiger's facebook page but had no reply. Agree that it must have been upsetting for him.

I agree Spin King, we've heard nothing about how David is, is he injured or just bruised? Posted the question on the tiger's facebook page but had no reply. Agree that it must have been upsetting for him.

Davids girlfriend said that he had a very sore leg this morning and that they were going to hospital to get it checked out

• Like 1

Still feeling absolutely gutted about what happened on Saturday night. Really enjoyed my visit to Rye House; right up until that dreadful heat 15, the feeling went from joy of watching a great team performance to sick feeling in my stomach in a instance. The crash was one of the worst I have ever witnessed. I had my 6 year old daughter crying as I tried to explain to her why she couldn't see Simon as usual after the meeting, just horrible. Hope he has a speedy recovery and already looking forward to seeing him back in Sheffield in the not too distant future. Let's not forget the injuries sustained by Boxall and Bellego, get well soon guys.