British Speedway Forum
robert72

Should Tai Woffinden Ride For Team Gb ?

I don't think you understand the concept of 'selfishness'.

The British Final is an INDIVIDUAL event. It is for personal gain, not the gain of GB. Nicholls is quite happy to ride in that as he wants the personal glory. Woffinden has won it 3 times and is happy to let someone else taste the glory.

Riding for your country is for the benefit of your country. Woffinden does that, Nicholls doesn't.

The selfish rider is Nicholls.

[/quote Correct ! Maybe he will move over and 'let someone else take the glory' as Bwitcher puts it, when he has 3 World titles

• Like 1

Please explain why. And I'm not trying to be awkward it's a genuine question bud. As I cannot see one bit of good that comes out of dropping not only our best rider but the best rider in the world from our team.

Take the World Cup away from tai after his snub of the National title would show future stars nobody is bigger than British speedway.

Is team GB a one rider team ? No

Do you think the media will be interested in the British final ? No but they may write a story saying the British world champion who Doesn't ride in Britain decided he was too tired to defend his British title even though he is based about only 50 miles from the national stadium.

British Speedway would get more credibility in the media and with fans if they told tai he is dropped from team GB for refusing to defend the National title.

Take the World Cup away from tai after his snub of the National title would show future stars nobody is bigger than British speedway.

Is team GB a one rider team ? No

Do you think the media will be interested in the British final ? No but they may write a story saying the British world champion who Doesn't ride in Britain decided he was too tired to defend his British title even though he is based about only 50 miles from the national stadium.

British Speedway would get more credibility in the media and with fans if they told tai he is dropped from team GB for refusing to defend the National title.

You somehow seem to think that not selecting Tai for the World Cup is some kind of punishment!

You somehow seem to think that not selecting Tai for the World Cup is some kind of punishment!

It puts a message out to the up and coming stars aswell as a good PR message that if you don't compete for the British title you won't be selected for team GB even if you are the world champion.

British speedway has become a joke, it needs to be seen to be in charge and moving in the right direction to gain respect and gain British sponsors to back speedway in this country, dropping the world champion who snubs the British final is the right move and would gain huge respect and a lot of much needed media coverage.

It puts a message out to the up and coming stars aswell as a good PR message that if you don't compete for the British title you won't be selected for team GB even if you are the world champion.

British speedway has become a joke, it needs to be seen to be in charge and moving in the right direction to gain respect and gain British sponsors to back speedway in this country, dropping the world champion who snubs the British final is the right move and would gain huge respect and a lot of much needed media coverage.

And the best way to "gain British sponsors to back speedway in this country" is to remove the country's best rider from the country's team riding the World Cup final in this country?

And the best way to "gain British sponsors to back speedway in this country" is to remove the country's best rider from the country's team riding the World Cup final in this country?

Simply Yes because as the current national champion and world champion he owes it to British speedway and the fans to compete to be British champion and he didn't want it, so why should he be allowed to just pick when he wants to ride and British speedway bow down to him .

Dropping tai would be good for British speedway

Simply Yes because as the current national champion and world champion he owes it to British speedway and the fans to compete to be British champion and he didn't want it, so why should he be allowed to just pick when he wants to ride and British speedway bow down to him .

Dropping tai would be good for British speedway

he"l soon want british fans votes when the award ceremony comes round!

• Like 1

It is,if he is passionate about representing his country, which ironically is what Robert claims he is not.

Seems Robert is unaware of the paradox between what he states about tai and his proposed "punishment."

• Like 1

It is,if he is passionate about representing his country, which ironically is what Robert claims he is not.

Seems Robert is unaware of the paradox between what he states about tai and his proposed "punishment."

Passionate I don't think he is now but he is a monster brand agent who would like to be seen in an international meeting for his sponsors and the World Cup helps promote his sponsors.

His only concern is his own personal glory not Britain

Sorry I just cannot see how dropping Tai gains greater credibility for British Speedway. All it would is emphasize is that many top riders don't want to ride in the UK.

Also Tai was riding - and riding well long before he was a Monster sponsored rider.

Anyway we'll agree to disagree mate.

Edited by RPNYC

I see Robert is still banging on with his pathetic crusade???

I think , and im sure Wolves fans will agree, that Tai should do the UK , and basically do what Holder is doing and not try and let the fans down??

But what is the upside to not having him in the team? We are underdogs anyway, without him we have, in Kenny Carter's words, noooo chance.

Wouldn't help get the punters in. A big crowd will be good for Belle Vue and British speedway.

But it's all about doing your best, that's what our reps would do. I don't care either if the meeting is a success, unless BV are getting paid to host it, it's a BSI promoted meeting, I want them out of the sport

I see Robert is still banging on with his pathetic crusade???

I think , and im sure Wolves fans will agree, that Tai should do the UK , and basically do what Holder is doing and not try and let the fans down??

You start with saying I am banging on with a pathetic crusade then you are agreeing with me and adding that wolves fans would agree too, I am hurting with laughing.

Classic post :) attack the poster but agree with what is said hehe

But it's all about doing your best, that's what our reps would do. I don't care either if the meeting is a success, unless BV are getting paid to host it, it's a BSI promoted meeting, I want them out of the sport

Yeah because it's awful seeing the sport staged in front of 50,000 crowds in places like Warsaw.

Whatever you think of Woffy withdrawing his service from this years British championship, you cannot impose a penalty without first warning that penalties are in place and will be enacted.

And I know that this year he announced he wasnt going to do the championship at the very start of the season, BUT it doesnt help any rider, from any country, who has a tight schedule riding abroad, for the ruling powers to select qualifying rounds that essentially clash with a gp. Only an idiot would want to ride a semi final uk championship round the night before a world gp in a country some distance away and miss practice in the process.