British Speedway Forum
robert72

Should Tai Woffinden Ride For Team Gb ?

Tai again showing the class act he is.

It was good for the kid and a bit of PR for tai, shame he can't do something for the Ben fund.

It was good for the kid and a bit of PR for tai, shame he can't do something for the Ben fund.

He must have ridden in it some time, surely? Wasn't he in the one at Leicester a couple of years ago when world champion? And certainly the 2010 at Rye House. And the first one at Sheffield? Presumably you've mentioned these somewhere in the thread.

• Like 1

Understand we like to look after our own - but surely the +100k he has raised for sick children confirms his dedication to a chosen charity and deserves the utmost credit. You appear to keep ignoring that fact!

• Like 1

Except he has, several times.

Understand we like to look after our own - but surely the +100k he has raised for sick children confirms his dedication to a chosen charity and deserves the utmost credit. You appear to keep ignoring that fact!

No I spoke highly of that before so it wasn't ignored but in his position he could do something big for the Ben fund, the guy is a multi millionaire, 2x world champion and says he is British so its time he did something worthwhile for the British Ben Fun and help the wheelchair bound riders here.

This has got to be one of the most embarrasing threads i've ever read.

I'd love to see some of the thoughts said on here, said face to face in person.

Easy behind a keyboard, telling others what they should be doing isn't it.

This has got to be one of the most embarrasing threads i've ever read.

I'd love to see some of the thoughts said on here, said face to face in person.

Easy behind a keyboard, telling others what they should be doing isn't it.

when I see tai next I will speak to him and make views to his face in a respectful way.

when I see tai next I will speak to him and make views to his face in a respectful way.

With respect....this is not pointed at just you, but anybody...but what has anybody's views or opinion got to do with what he wants to do with his life?

No body knows exactly what goes on his life.

What gives anyone the right to go up to a person and tell them what they should be doing?

Just because he's a speedway rider, it doesn't give anyone the right to tell him what he can and cannot do.

Think about it.

In all seriousness...If you went up to Tai and said your feelings...what reaction would you want?

What's it got to do with you?

Why does he have to explain anything to you...or listen to your views?

Isn't that in itself all a bit weird?

I'd be highly embarrassed if it were me.

• Like 2

With respect....this is not pointed at just you, but anybody...but what has anybody's views or opinion got to do with what he wants to do with his life?

No body knows exactly what goes on his life.

What gives anyone the right to go up to a person and tell them what they should be doing?

Just because he's a speedway rider, it doesn't give anyone the right to tell him what he can and cannot do.

Think about it.

In all seriousness...If you went up to Tai and said your feelings...what reaction would you want?

What's it got to do with you?

Why does he have to explain anything to you...or listen to your views?

Isn't that in itself all a bit weird?

I'd be highly embarrassed if it were me.

Without fans you have nothing and even though he is clearly not a popular British world champion he should try and listen to fans views.

I honestly think he is badly advised off track and too many yes people around him.

Without fans you have nothing and even though he is clearly not a popular British world champion he should try and listen to fans views.

I honestly think he is badly advised off track and too many yes people around him.

Fine having views...but those are based on what comes out in media...no body knows what goes on behind closed doors.

I

its time he did something worthwhile for the British Ben Fun and help the wheelchair bound riders here.

He has ridden the Ben Fund meeting three times, has he not? I didn't imagine that? Seriously, did you know that or are you ignoring it because it doesn't fit your narrative?

He has ridden the Ben Fund meeting three times, has he not? I didn't imagine that? Seriously, did you know that or are you ignoring it because it doesn't fit your narrative?

Did he ride in it as 2x world champion?

Yes I knew that but he would put more bums on seats now he is double world champion and raise more money for these guys who don't get the Darcy support.

If you feel so strongly about it, why don't you message him personally on social media?

Better than spouting stuff on here about a 3rd party surely?

I find talking about other people with such conviction, without knowing them very well, rather distasteful personally.

• Like 2