British Speedway Forum
robert72

Should Tai Woffinden Ride For Team Gb ?

I was never interested in the slightest in riding, so your comment is rather pointless there. I'm no keyboard warrior Rob, i'd be quite happy to discuss this in person if this thread drags on until the time i hopefully pop up to Coventry for the last time.

You've avoided an answer again anyway by the way, but you obviously know that...

I think you're more likely to find him at Leicester. :wink:

How the hell has this thread reached 58 pages. The original question only needed a yes or no answer :)

Yes or no wouldn't create much of a forum. Understand your point but debating why we think yes or no is as far as it need go. Unfortunately we usually end up in the same place.

PS - Yes

Edited by Hodgy

Zagar had to ride in the Slovenian Championship, Patrick Hougaard had to ride in the Danish Championship, the Poles have to ride in ALL Polish meetings, did Fast Freddie have to compete in the Swedish Championship?

Australia and USA is a little bit different geographically... Looooooong way from Europe..

• Like 1

Zagar had to ride in the Slovenian Championship, Patrick Hougaard had to ride in the Danish Championship, the Poles have to ride in ALL Polish meetings, did Fast Freddie have to compete in the Swedish Championship?

Australia and USA is a little bit different geographically... Looooooong way from Europe..

Tai didn't have too, so your point is irrelevant.

Tai didn't have too, so your point is irrelevant.

But he should of been made to ride for the British fans in the British final or faced with being banned for team gb in the World Cup.

He clearly disrespected the British title.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dyc3Yll2nxQ&app=desktop

Tai again showing the class act he is.

i saw him just after this was filmed as i live in peterborough.. asked him if he had seen this.. he said he doesnt read it and it doesnt concern him.. then we went for some grub..

basically guys he is british he rides for GB..

the way i see it this is his sport its his earning potential and his life we are all talking about.. how much he is earning in poland is pure speculation and to be frank it doesnt concern any of you.. his views on the Final are pretty clear he wanted some of the new blood to enjoy it and get their chance at winning after winning it 3 times on the bounce.

if Tai is a multi millionaire good for him as we all know this sport can come to an end for a rider at any point.. every sports person is going to have people that dont like him but when Tai goes any where there are plenty asking him for an autograph and to have pictures taken..

in my opinion he is a great Champion and a really nice lad to boot i mean to do this for a young lad was brilliant.

robert72 and his little clan of followers you can speculate all you like.. put Tai in front of you.. you wouldn't spout this garbage to his face saying you shouldnt be in team GB.. i call you keyboard warriors..

Edited by Dazzafl
  • Like 2

But he should of been made to ride for the British fans in the British final or faced with being banned for team gb in the World Cup.

If people just say you’re right (but really don't mean it) will you stop talking about it? What is the end game here...

Edited by The Mockingjay

i saw him just after this was filmed as i live in peterborough.. asked him if he had seen this.. he said he doesnt read it and it doesnt concern him.. then we went for some grub..

the way i see it this is his sport its his earning potential and his life we are all talking about.. how much he is earning in poland is pure speculation and to be frank it doesnt concern any of you.. his views on the Final are pretty clear he wanted some of the new blood to enjoy it and get their chance at winning after winning it 3 times on the bounce.

if Tai is a multi millionaire good for him as we all know this sport can come to an end for a rider at any point.. every sports person is going to have people that dont like him but when Tai goes any where there are plenty asking him for an autograph and to have pictures taken..

in my opinion he is a great Champion and a really nice lad to boot i mean to do this for a young lad was brilliant.

robert72 and his little clan of followers you can speculate all you like.. put Tai in front of you.. you wouldn't spout this garbage to his face saying you shouldnt be in team GB.. i call you keyboard warriors..

Yes I would say it to his face and will when I see him but like most who are not happy with him don't dislike or hate him as you put it but are just very disappointed in him.

So he wanted the young blood to have a chance in the British final, that is even worse, so disrespectful in so many ways.

I know of a number of riders who have done good things for charity & fans over the years but none that wanted to take a film crew.

Sadly Tai is surrounded by yes people and he maybe is a nice person but he needs someone to advice him better as he is very marmite which is a shame for a very talented rider who could be one of the best all time successful Brits.

What is the end game here...

There isn't one. robert72 has already admitted on post 783 "I can't see Tai being dropped". He will, however, continue to reiterate ad infinitum, ad nauseum, that he should be. Attempts have been made (on both sides) to instigate debate but, hey, robert72 has ridden several matches at some kind of competitive level (and, genuinely, well done to him for so doing) which appear, in his mind, to lend his utterances some kind of Delphic certainty before which we mere mortals must bow the knee.

For me, FWIW, scheduling the semis close to the GPs was a pretty daft move. Had Tai been seeded to the final (and I don't know whether any discussions took place along those lines and, if so, any of the detail) then I believe it would have been a fine gesture on his part to ride. Equally, I don't blame him for not doing so with a bigger goal in mind. It would be remiss of me at this point not to offer congratulations to Danny King, a fine rider and one I personally have never seen approach the job in hand with anything less than total enthusiasm and professionalism. A night of nights for him.

And now on to the next 59 pages, for which I'm probably as much to blame as anyone.

Edited for grammar.

Edited by Fourentee

Yes I would say it to his face and will when I see him but like most who are not happy with him don't dislike or hate him as you put it but are just very disappointed in him.

So he wanted the young blood to have a chance in the British final, that is even worse, so disrespectful in so many ways.

I know of a number of riders who have done good things for charity & fans over the years but none that wanted to take a film crew.

Sadly Tai is surrounded by yes people and he maybe is a nice person but he needs someone to advice him better as he is very marmite which is a shame for a very talented rider who could be one of the best all time successful Brits.

what you would stand there and to his face say.. you have shamed british speedway and you do not deserve your place in this team..

braver man than me because even if Tai didnt take your head off your shoulders i guess many stood around you would do.. Tai does a lot for speedway as it has given him so much.

he didnt have a film crew he had his manager with him.. as they both set up this surprise visit.. and this was nice for the young lad in question.. it was a mate of mine who actually did the murial in the first place..

Edited by Dazzafl

You sad little man.

Are you thick and cant read or just plain ignorant.

The British Final wasnt the issue it was the timing of the Semi Finals. You have been told this countless times yet pathetically you choose to ignore it.

Tai himself said it was disrespectful to the riders who rode in the semi final that he should get granted a place in the final when they had ridden in the semis and he hadnt, so he said he would decline any offer to ride in the final.

Do do us all a favour because for 59 pages you have spouted the same utter claptrap and nonsense at people, and now just go away.

It's interesting how Robert72 has been telling us at regular intervals Tai has been badly advised... how he could have been earning money in England etc...

Now he tells us Tai is a multi millionaire!

Something doesn't quite tally....

• Like 4

It's interesting how Robert72 has been telling us at regular intervals Tai has been badly advised... how he could have been earning money in England etc...

Now he tells us Tai is a multi millionaire!

Something doesn't quite tally....

tbh, i'd sooner take journalist lessons from old Gluestix than speedway career advice from robert72...

• Like 1

I'm glad he doesn't read this clap trap and that he doesn't let him concern him.

Lets face it...it's just a bunch of sad old gits voicing concern about a Speedway rider, and arguing amongst themselves....and pretty much looking stupid doing it.

Reminds me of all the jealous, wasp chewing woman at the end of the cul de sac, bitching about the young girl in the street, who drives a nice car, has a nice house and family, works bloody hard for it, yet ignores them all with dignity, whilst getting on with her life...while they claim their benefits, scrubbing around in ever expanding tracksuits and leggings due to the amount of donuts they cram down their throats every day...but guess what...they still have a right to tell her what she should be doing! :neutral:

You sad little man.

Are you thick and cant read or just plain ignorant.

The British Final wasnt the issue it was the timing of the Semi Finals. You have been told this countless times yet pathetically you choose to ignore it.

Tai himself said it was disrespectful to the riders who rode in the semi final that he should get granted a place in the final when they had ridden in the semis and he hadnt, so he said he would decline any offer to ride in the final.

Do do us all a favour because for 59 pages you have spouted the same utter claptrap and nonsense at people, and now just go away.

You insult every poster who has a different opinion to you, maybe your the one who should go away as a forum is for opinions surely.