British Speedway Forum
robert72

Should Tai Woffinden Ride For Team Gb ?

i wonder what would be said if he put up how much he put into his kit.. and only one house is paid off the one in sheffield..

Exactly.. hardly fits 'multi millionaire'.

i would say one of those necklaces wouldnt even buy one bike.. and i would guess he has 9 floating around and probably 15-20 engines.. for rotations engines i would say easy 7-8 grand a pop each...

now sponsors etc i would say for the majority but i doubt they pay for the upkeep of them..

but then again every time he puts his leg across that bike he is putting his life on the line so its pitence really.

I guess

Yes, you do. Quite a lot, actually.

if you look for it you would find that gollob was on over a million a season some 7 plus years ago riding in Poland

A million what though? And think very carefully before you answer that one.

Your insults are boring everyone

Do you have any self awareness at all?

i would say one of those necklaces wouldnt even buy one bike.. and i would guess he has 9 floating around and probably 15-20 engines.. for rotations engines i would say easy 7-8 grand a pop each...

now sponsors etc i would say for the majority but i doubt they pay for the upkeep of them..

but then again every time he puts his leg across that bike he is putting his life on the line so its pitence really.

Whilst I agree Speedway costs a fortune...with respect, where did you get the idea that £15,000 wouldn't buy a bike?

Going on the high side...

An assembled GM engine is approx. £3500

A rolling chassis approx. £3250

A complete JAWA £5000

The likes of Tai would be sponsored riders...as tuners and engine manufacturers want their name attached to such riders...so costs would be according to that 'sponsors' package.

As for putting his life on the line...yes speedway riders do...but the majority do it for the money, not our Entertainment.

For them, it's a quick way of making good money, from a passion they do well...and better than having a normal job.

If they weren't racing Speedway for a living...and had a 'normal job'...they'd more than likely be riding some form of motorcycle sport in their spare time,to get that buzz.

• Like 1

The Polish reports reveal that Crump deal is for about £620,000 for the new season. It was negotiated by Crump and it can be extremely beneficial to him, provided he can score what is expected of him and he rides in as many matches as he did in 2010.

Crump's signature on the contract is reportedly worth around £170,000 and every time he turns up for a league match he is to be guaranteed �3,000. If he rides in 20 Polish meetings that makes a round sum of £60,000 for the new season.

The rest is to be earned on the track. For each point scored he will get £1,700 If he scores as many points as he did in 2010 he will take home about £390,000.

Polish journalist Roman Chyla says: 'Now add all the above mentioned figures and you will end up with a very fairytale contract. Is it any wonder that Crump and Gollob don't race in Britian?'

And you were saying ?

Bikes,equipment ect at tai level will be sponsored,monster sponsorship would cover his staff and then his Swedish pay.

Tai is minted and I am pleased for him.

As previously stated I have no idea of actual earnings. Can only form an opinion based on following the sport. Not sure all is so cosy at several Polish clubs. I bow down to your inside knowledge. Which makes it even more difficult to understand why you condem him for choosing Poland over Blighty. What would you do given the chance to pay off your mortgage! Ride at Lakeside to prove your British.

As previously stated I have no idea of actual earnings. Can only form an opinion based on following the sport. Not sure all is so cosy at several Polish clubs. I bow down to your inside knowledge. Which makes it even more difficult to understand why you condem him for choosing Poland over Blighty. What would you do given the chance to pay off your mortgage! Ride at Lakeside to prove your British.

I think his attitude to the British final more so than not riding in the British elite league.

Your right about several clubs in Poland not so rosy but some are still paying huge wages.

Edited by robert72

I think his attitude to the British final more so than not riding in the British elite league.

Did you see Nicki Pedersen's quote after riding in the Danish final?

I would agree with that if it wasn't for the pi$$ poor date planning. Was so easy to give the World Champ the wild card option. If that was then refused I could understand your disappointment, putting it mildly. Would have been a much better spectacle with him in it.

Think we are getting dizzy now!!!

Did you see Nicki Pedersen's quote after riding in the Danish final?

Yes, also last weeks SS stated Nicki as a multi millionaire. Think our Rob's on to something.

Edited by Hodgy
  • Like 2

Your right about several clubs in Poland not so rosy but some are still paying huge wages.

how many times do you need to be told about the British Final??? It's quite pathetic that you still keep using that when you have been told the reasons why he didn't ride. I will tell you for the last time and I would like a response from you. The British semi finals were around a Gp weekend so Tai quite rightly didn't take up his place. He then told the authoritys not to give him a wildcard as he felt that one of the guys who did the semis were more deserving than he was. So if you can get this inside that head of yours it was the semi final dates that were the issue and Tai felt he would cheat other riders by getting a wild card. So Tai DIDNT snub the British Final.

Tbh of tai was offered a wild card and turned it down that makes it a little more understandable that people are annoyed he missed the final. After all that's how Danny king "qualified". And wasn't bomber told he needed to ride a semi or possibly miss out?

• Like 1

Someone ask Tai on twitter if he turned down a wildcard place? ......

Tai told the authoritys he wouldnt accept a wildcard as he didnt ride in the semi finals therefore it wouldnt have been fair on the riders who did the semi final. He wasnt offered a wildcard anyway so the point of accepting one is irrelevent.

Tai didnt pull out of the British Final he pulled out of the semi finals, why people still do not understand that amuses me.

There is a really odd attempt being made here to position Woffiden (and Pedersen) as some sort of evil baddies because they earn what is seen as excessive salaries….pretty bizarre.

Tbh of tai was offered a wild card and turned it down that makes it a little more understandable that people are annoyed he missed the final. After all that's how Danny king "qualified". And wasn't bomber told he needed to ride a semi or possibly miss out?

Yes he was and so was Tai, which makes it al the more confusing as to why King was given one.

Tai quite rightly puts the world title before the British Final and tells the authorities he wont do the semi finals

The authorities then said that if you dont do the semis you wont get a wildcard

Tai said he wouldnt want a wildcard as it wasnt fair on the riders who rode in the semis