British Speedway Forum
robert72

Should Tai Woffinden Ride For Team Gb ?

Whilst I agree Speedway costs a fortune...with respect, where did you get the idea that £15,000 wouldn't buy a bike?

Going on the high side...

An assembled GM engine is approx. £3500

A rolling chassis approx. £3250

A complete JAWA £5000

and you think Tai rides of the shelf rolling chassis ?? and i would put my years wages his engines are a lot more than £3500 each..

• Like 1

and you think Tai rides of the shelf rolling chassis ?? and i would put my years wages his engines are a lot more than £3500 each..

No I don't...but I also don't think he pays £15,000 for one.

He will have his engines expertly tuned by PJR and also his rolling chassis made to his specific design.

I would take that as a given.

However...as a two time World Champion and much sought after for sponsorship and endorsements...would you actually put your years wages on the fact that he actually pay's more than £15,000 for each of his bikes out of his income?

I wouldn't.

No I don't...but I also don't think he pays £15,000 for one.

He will have his engines expertly tuned by PJR and also his rolling chassis made to his specific design.

I would take that as a given.

However...as a two time World Champion and much sought after for sponsorship and endorsements...would you actually put your years wages on the fact that he actually pay's more than £15,000 for each of his bikes out of his income?

I wouldn't.

have you seen his kevlars not many sponsors on there.. but i do know it costs a lot to sponsor Tai..

i remember being in a van while another top rider was on the phone talking his Polish contract and he said his engines were 6k a piece and he wasnt in Tai's league..

so conservative figures..

7k engine

4k frame

800-900 clutch

?? Carb i knew they were around 800-900 a long while ago used

thats 12,600 add in all the ancillory parts not far away..

i would say Tai's deal would be on servicing maybe.. but who knows.. its all pie in the sky.. but big money none the less when he has 3 of them..

i also remember seeing inside gollobs van a fair while ago at cardiff.. he had 11 engines lined up down the side of his van..

There is a really odd attempt being made here to position Woffiden (and Pedersen) as some sort of evil baddies because they earn what is seen as excessive salaries….pretty bizarre.

Not at all. Nicki has recently moved to Monaco and was confirmed as a multi-millionaire. Fair play to him and any one else who's able to make that sort of money out of speedway. This certainly wouldn't have been the case for world champions 20 odd years ago.

I was refering to Nicki's quote of "I don't give a f@ck about the Danish championship" after finishing 3rd in it and admitting he used the meeting to test equipment. Robert hasn't vilified Nicki for this when this too could be construed as cheating the fans and having no respect for his national title.

To be honest, there are quite a few similarities between Pedersen and Woffinden. Both are arrogant, both are determined and focused on winning, both are successful. Quite a few people (myself included) have warmed to Nicki over the years, and see these qualities in him now as quite endearing. I think because Woffinden is younger, some people see these exact same qualities as a negative.

Whatever the top riders are doing, they're doing for their own good and their future after a relatively short lived career. Who can blame them for that?

• Like 5

This has dragged on and i think all points covered. Nothing has changed my view though that Woffinden should be in the Cup side but he should also have been in the British semi-final (he may not have reached the final of course). The GP weekend is a red herring to me. Bomber did both, and Tai is doing almost the same on the Cardiff weekend with Poland either side. Gp practice is more about sponsor schmoosing than any real benefit for the GP itself and they have understood if he'd missed it for his National Championship.

• Like 1

This has dragged on and i think all points covered. Nothing has changed my view though that Woffinden should be in the Cup side but he should also have been in the British semi-final (he may not have reached the final of course). The GP weekend is a red herring to me. Bomber did both, and Tai is doing almost the same on the Cardiff weekend with Poland either side. Gp practice is more about sponsor schmoosing than any real benefit for the GP itself and they have understood if he'd missed it for his National Championship.

bomber has bikes in this country..

Tai has blatenly said he doesnt have any bikes in this country.. if you can tell me how he would have achieved getting bikes to the event then that would be great

and most riders say there is no use for practise but only because the track is usually different to the day before they get good results for gearing etc though..

He couldnt have done the semis he has no bikes in this country and Bomber did both but he isnt likely to be World Champion.

Tai has no choice to ride in Poland before Cardiff as he is contracted to do so. If you read the press or the riders reactions they are up in arms about having to do Poland it isnt just Woffinden.

Contracted to ride before a gp in Poland is completely different to riding in the British Semi finals

Tai told the authoritys he wouldnt accept a wildcard as he didnt ride in the semi finals therefore it wouldnt have been fair on the riders who did the semi final. He wasnt offered a wildcard anyway so the point of accepting one is irrelevent.

Tai didnt pull out of the British Final he pulled out of the semi finals, why people still do not understand that amuses me.

I think there is only one orperson who doesn't understand that riding the semis was not viable (actually, seeing the bomber comparison above, make that two people).

But at the same time, if tai said he wasn't willing to take a wildcard to the British final, then I can understand people being annoyed at that.

I think there is only one orperson who doesn't understand that riding the semis was not viable (actually, seeing the bomber comparison above, make that two people).

But at the same time, if tai said he wasn't willing to take a wildcard to the British final, then I can understand people being annoyed at that.

Nothing to do with not being willing.

1. It wasnt offered as himself and Bomber were told that if they didnt do the semis they wouldnt get a wildcard

2. Tai, after saying he would miss the semis, then said he wouldnt take a wildcard if offered as it wasnt fair on the other riders who rode in the semis

bomber has bikes in this country..

Tai has blatenly said he doesnt have any bikes in this country.. if you can tell me how he would have achieved getting bikes to the event then that would be great

and most riders say there is no use for practise but only because the track is usually different to the day before they get good results for gearing etc though..

So that puts him out of the World Cup & the Cardiff GP has he doesn't have bikes in this country.

So that puts him out of the World Cup & the Cardiff GP has he doesn't have bikes in this country.

You really do have an issue with Woffiden don't you. What happend Rob? Did his Dad fence you or something whilst you were 'racing'?

You really do have an issue with Woffiden don't you. What happend Rob? Did his Dad fence you or something whilst you were 'racing'?

Why does it always come back to being about me with you and not the fact tai has turned his back on the British fans. Edited by robert72

Maybe because nobody else is obsessed with it like you!

Time you opened your eyes and ears,I am not the only one who found tai snubbing the British final as wrong.