British Speedway Forum
robert72

Should Tai Woffinden Ride For Team Gb ?

So that puts him out of the World Cup & the Cardiff GP has he doesn't have bikes in this country.

hmm let me guess.. and it really isnt a guess.. ITS COMMON FACT/KNOWLEDGE

his GP bikes will be driven over here and prepared for the GP and I am pretty sure whilst the World Cup is on bikes can be shipped over here as no other leagues will be racing around those dates.. as it is a WORLD CUP..

seriously please understand that i am not the only one who has told you that.. maybe you want to offer your services and fuel money to collect his bikes and transport them around the globe

Time you opened your eyes and ears,I am not the only one who found tai snubbing the British final as wrong.

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD...

he didnt snub it.. the dates were all wrong he had Polish Team Duty and didnt make the semi's and wouldnt take a wildcard as he had not earned it as he didnt ride.. please please underdtand that..

• Like 1

Time you opened your eyes and ears,I am not the only one who found tai snubbing the British final as wrong.

You and others although I can't think of anyone who shares their view on Woffiden missing the British Final as ferociously constant as you, are of course entitled to your opinion even if it is a minority view. Has anyone actually stated that they didn't go to the British Final because Woffinden wasn't riding in it?

You asked the question Should TW ride for Team GB. The sensible answer is of course he should if he's willing and able to do so. There's nobody else from the current crop of British riders who could replace him in the GB squad and could match his performance and scoring power on track? I'm hoping Rosco does blood some more youth in the squad this year, and that they learn from the professional set up Woffiden has build around him which has no doubt contributed massively to his success.

Nobody holds a gun to riders heads to race in the British Final, or in the British Leagues, but Woffinden has given the British leagues what 10 years service from the bottom up, won national titles and through his determination and effort has progressed to be a multi world champ and current world no.1. Isn't that every speedway riders dream? Why if his current schedule and lifestyle is working for him would he change it?

Out of interest, what were your views on Lee Richardson and Scott Nicholls quitting Team GB?

• Like 1

Out of interest, what were your views on Lee Richardson and Scott Nicholls quitting Team GB?

It's futile, he doesn't answer questions.

• Like 1

Nicholls rode in the final.. so he is a shoe in lol

Just for clarification everyone:

YES THE WORLD CHAMPION SHOULD BE IN THE TEAM GB LINE UP

(unless you like to come stone bonker last of course)

Edited by RPNYC

So that puts him out of the World Cup & the Cardiff GP has he doesn't have bikes in this country.

for someone that apparantly dabbled a bit in speedway you really come across as thicker than thick because your lack of knowledge is outstanding

Im not sure if you realise that during the World Cup ALL speedway in the leagues stops thus giving plenty of time for ALL riders to get there equipment here.

So are you thick or a troll

and still you bang on about the British Final!! You have been told loads of times the issue was with the semi finals.

Please if your going to be so thick and not read then dont post!!!!!!!!!

bomber has bikes in this country..

Tai has blatenly said he doesnt have any bikes in this country.. if you can tell me how he would have achieved getting bikes to the event then that would be great

and most riders say there is no use for practise but only because the track is usually different to the day before they get good results for gearing etc though..

Strange it was do able last year when it was the chance to win 3 British Titles in a row. Now that's been achieved its not possible any more. Face it Woffinden has outgrown the British Final and doesn't need it any more, its not about getting 2 bikes into the country, he moves bikes around Europe every week.

• Like 1

Nothing to do with not being willing.

1. It wasnt offered as himself and Bomber were told that if they didnt do the semis they wouldnt get a wildcard

2. Tai, after saying he would miss the semis, then said he wouldnt take a wildcard if offered as it wasnt fair on the other riders who rode in the semis

Surely in 2 he is saying he isn't willing to take a wildcard spot - his reason is that it is unfair, but I don't see how you can argue that he's not saying he's unwilling to take a wildcard.

On 1 - do you have a link to support the claim that tai was told he would not get a wildcard if he missed the semi? And if he said 2, why would they need to say 1? And if 1 happened first, why would tau need to say 2?

I have no issue with tais decision at all, but your argument here is not fully convincing.

• Like 2

Strange it was do able last year when it was the chance to win 3 British Titles in a row. Now that's been achieved its not possible any more. Face it Woffinden has outgrown the British Final and doesn't need it any more, its not about getting 2 bikes into the country, he moves bikes around Europe every week.

Were the semi-finals the night before and day after a GP last year?

That's fair enough though isn't it? He could use the meetings for practice/testing like Nicki P, but it's hardly a competative meeting for him to contest.

Surely in 2 he is saying he isn't willing to take a wildcard spot - his reason is that it is unfair, but I don't see how you can argue that he's not saying he's unwilling to take a wildcard.

On 1 - do you have a link to support the claim that tai was told he would not get a wildcard if he missed the semi? And if he said 2, why would they need to say 1? And if 1 happened first, why would tau need to say 2?

I have no issue with tais decision at all, but your argument here is not fully convincing.

Because lot's of people were asking why wasn't a wildcard offered perhaps and Tai simply stated he wouldn't take a wildcard as it wouldn't be fair?

Yeah tbh that makes sense. Do we think though that tai was told that if he didn't ride the semi he wouldn't be given a British final spot? Seems very odd given the Danny king situation

Edit: actually that doesn't really answer my query.

Tif tai had already been told he wouldn't be given a spot, why not say that rather than the unfair on other riders line.

And if tai had already said he couldn't take a wildcard, why would he need to be told he wouldn't be given one if he didn't ride the semi?

All of which is off topic I guess, does anyone bar Robert really think it makes sense to leave him our?

Edited by waihekeaces1

Another one that doesnt listen or read posts

THE BRITISH FINAL IS NOT THE PROBLEM IT WAS THE TIMING OF THE SEMI FINALS!!!

without going back over the dates.. which i could if i could be bothered.. surely the dates would have been better last year..but i might hazard a guess he had bikes in the uk then.. and maybe the dates were better suited to him riding in it..

Just so you're aware on last season, Tai only had his own bikes for the British Final.

For the semi round at King's Lynn he had to use his girlfriend's brother's bikes (Layne Cupitt) due to his being unavailable.

Again, the BSPA found it wise to plonk this Semi Final (20th May) in between 2 GP's on consecutive weekends of the 16th & 23rd of May.

Tai was without his own machines & mechanics.