British Speedway Forum
robert72

Should Tai Woffinden Ride For Team Gb ?

Now, there's potential for a fantastic fund raising idea here.

Robert72 is clearly very passionate, and rightly so, about the Ben Fund, lets get a Go Fund Me page or something going and sponsor his "Time with Tai" to be recorded. All proceeds going to the fund. Tai will be doing a bit for the cause, but the real star and winner is going to be Robert.

Being this will be a charity event, and Robert72 is an ex-rider who shouldn't really have to pay to enter any speedway stadium in the country we should make sure a ticket for the SWC is provided too.

Come on Robert72, lead by example, this could be great for the Ben Fund!

• Like 9

I respect everyone who has had ago at riding speedway and people like you have the nerve to knock those for trying yet you haven't done it.

Maybe now you will stop your silly remarks.

Silly remarks ?

I only speak the truth when it comes to discussing your "career". I think you are perhaps the only "rider" who i have knocked for trying to ride speedway tho.

Let me know if you ever venture down to London btw, i would love to meet a legend like you and have a chat..

What would we do without old Gustix telling us stuff?

Will the team be announced the day before ?

Now, there's potential for a fantastic fund raising idea here.

Robert72 is clearly very passionate, and rightly so, about the Ben Fund, lets get a Go Fund Me page or something going and sponsor his "Time with Tai" to be recorded. All proceeds going to the fund. Tai will be doing a bit for the cause, but the real star and winner is going to be Robert.

Being this will be a charity event, and Robert72 is an ex-rider who shouldn't really have to pay to enter any speedway stadium in the country we should make sure a ticket for the SWC is provided too.

Come on Robert72, lead by example, this could be great for the Ben Fund!

You started off ok but you soon lost your credibility and it became complete worthless twaddle

Silly remarks ?

I only speak the truth when it comes to discussing your "career". I think you are perhaps the only "rider" who i have knocked for trying to ride speedway tho.

Let me know if you ever venture down to London btw, i would love to meet a legend like you and have a chat..

My sides are splitting with laughter why you think I would want to meet you,

You started off ok but you soon lost your credibility and it became complete worthless twaddle

That pretty much sums up your now obsessive like input on this thread!

Come on, time to put up or shut up. You've been given the opportunity to ask Tai directly the questions you want answers to, make the most of the opportunity and do something good with it too. Sponsoring the meet up to be recorded for the Ben Fund could raise a fair bit.

It's a win, win opportunity, you get to ask your questions, Tai's doing a bit for British Speedway and the Ben Fund profits from it all.

• Like 6

My sides are splitting with laughter why you think I would want to meet you,

I didn't ask if you wanted to meet me - read the post properly. I said i'd love to meet you.

I echo Wackie's post aswell - you need to put up or shut up here.

That pretty much sums up your now obsessive like input on this thread!

Come on, time to put up or shut up. You've been given the opportunity to ask Tai directly the questions you want answers to, make the most of the opportunity and do something good with it too. Sponsoring the meet up to be recorded for the Ben Fund could raise a fair bit.

It's a win, win opportunity, you get to ask your questions, Tai's doing a bit for British Speedway and the Ben Fund profits from it all.

Out of interest have you personally agreed it with tai ?

Oh dear. We've stumbled at the first hurdle.

No, I'm afraid there's no formal agreement with Tai at this stage, I'm sure his friend Darren could ask if he's up for it though if you are?

Really is a win, win situation.

Oh dear. We've stumbled at the first hurdle.

No, I'm afraid there's no formal agreement with Tai at this stage, I'm sure his friend Darren could ask if he's up for it though if you are?

Really is a win, win situation.

So your talking twaddle again as you personally don't even know tai but you are trying to make plans for him and I to meet lol

http://www.speedwaygb.co/news.php?extend.30724

Final at Belle Vue on Saturday July 30.

We are now on countdown to the Final.

What would we do without old Gustix telling us stuff?

I posted this so that we kept in mind how close we are to the big day and also TW has been specifically named in the Link.

Will he go with Lambert possibly at number 5

Re your response robert72: can you clarify who else you mean in regard to Lambert?

Edited by Guest

Re your response robert72: can you clarify who else you mean in regard to Lambert?

Who on earth could be potentially choosing lambert at 5 in the context of a discussion of team gb. I would have said Roy Hodgson but seems hes out of work. So i reckon it was Jose Mourinho he meant. Edited by waihekeaces1

Who on earth could be potentially choosing lambert at 5 in the context of a discussion of team gb. I would have said Roy Hodgson but seems hes out of work. So i reckon it was Jose Mourinho he meant.

​I think you have completely misunderstood the LINK waihekeaces1. Read it more carefully, but also in the context of the comment by robert72 which I queried (see below). By the way, shall I let you know when the next book on NZ speedway midget car legend Barry Butterworth will be published?

Who on earth could be potentially choosing lambert at 5 in the context of a discussion of team gb. I would have said Roy Hodgson but seems hes out of work. So i reckon it was Jose Mourinho he meant.

Should British speedway turn its back on Tai riding for Team GB after he turned his back on British speedway this year.

I would like to see him left out of the pairs,the world cup and the British final until he puts British speedway first again.

Anyone else agree or do you think he should ride ?

This is the Opening Post (above) in this thread. Despite the many comments made with differing and valued options, at the so-called end of the day IMO robert72's comment still carries much credibility.

I am done with this topic..

I have spoken with Tai.. wishing him good luck for saturday and also that someone "MAY" come and meet him either before or after questioning his loyalty to GB and loads of questions about why he has turned his back on GB including the Ben Fund.

He said he welcomes it and a chance to correct someone although both of us felt no matter what Tai says.. this person still wont believe it.. I did tell him to get one his team to record it so i can upload the interview..

Personally I think questioning the current world champ in this way either before the GP or after it is mental but you used to ride so you know what it feels like to prep for a major event and wind down after it !!! (tongue in cheek there)

best of luck to Robert72 in your questioning although i feel you wont do this at all.. but i am now done i wont reply in any way any more this has gone to the insane now.. and i want no further part of it..

I do however feel your attitude towards anyone who hasnt riden a bike in being a coward highly offensive and maybe someone out there who it was aimed at will do the same process which got gavan excluded from the site.

• Like 5

So your talking twaddle again as you personally don't even know tai but you are trying to make plans for him and I to meet lol

Once again your credibility is shot to pieces.

"I'll tell Tai to his face".... only to put tail between legs and run at the opportunity to do so.

Then constantly bleating about raising money for the Ben Fund, only to put tail between legs and run at an opportunity to do so.

Coward.

I have spoken with Tai..

After the GP you can let us all know if indeed Robert72 did speak with Tai...

We all know what the answer will be of course.

• Like 5

I did tell him to get one his team to record it so i can upload the interview..

Not sure that's entirely legal but I'm sure other more knowledeable folks will confirm.

I do however feel your attitude towards anyone who hasnt riden a bike in being a coward highly offensive and maybe someone out there who it was aimed at will do the same process which got gavan excluded from the site.

I agree name calling on both sides gets us nowhere. Altho to be fair, I cannot recall Robert 72 using such abusive language as Gavan in the post that instigated his ban (I assume he is banned). Yes he provokes and doesn't always put his views across in a calm and non provocative manner and he can be repetitive.

This thread has more than run it's course. What would be nice would be for Robert 72 to stop snapping replies to people and those same people to stop snapping replies to him. I think we all know where everyone stands on the issues.

It won't happen but I can dream.

Not really, I came up with an idea, not plans.