British Speedway Forum
dantodan

Newcastle Diamonds V Scunthorpe Scorpions Premier League Knock Out Cup Sunday 3rd May 2015

I would go for steen Jensen as he rides brough better than the rest

To be honest I cannot remember any of them at Brough at all

ye wouldn't want to,,, if that's wa choices, I'd go with r/r for now thanks, ;-)

It is Rider Replacement at number 2 for the unlucky Anton Rosen. Scunthorpe are also using R/R for David Howe

Newcastle

Lewis Kerr
Anton Rosen R/R

Steve Worrall
Christian Henry
Ludvig Lindgren
Simon Nielsen
Lewis Rose

Scunthorpe

Josh Auty
David Howe R/R

Alex Davies

Carl Wilkinson
Theo Pijper
Ellis Perks (or guest ?)
Nike Lunna

There was a mistake with the averages meaning Alex Davies and Nike Lunna do not swap positions

I think Newcastle will win this first leg easily but who knows what we are likely to score down in Lincolnshire! Our first appearance there this season was not a match to remember. Can we be as bad (or even worse!) on our KO Cup 2nd leg on the 5th June 2015?

Edited by dantodan

ye wouldn't want to,,, if that's wa choices, I'd go with r/r for now thanks, ;-)

agreed I would go the r/r route if its on bad weather for sunday so al have to do :drink: elsewhere, :party:

agreed I would go the r/r route if its on bad weather for sunday so al have to do :drink: elsewhere, :party:

that's such a shame, but someone has to keep the alcohol industry going :-)

Heavy rain forecast through the night and tomorrow morning. Should then brighten up and apart from a couple of showers should be dry for the rest of the day. Hope a decision is not made too early in the day to call it off.

that's such a shame, but someone has to keep the alcohol industry going :-)

I always try my best

Rain should clear up around Lunchtime, hopefully to give enough time to prepare track for tonight's match. Looking for a decent lead tonight to take to Scunthorpe at the start of June.

Updates of tonight's meeting.

hasn't cleared, so meeting off :-(

Edited by ruffdiamond

MEETING OFF.

Just left the track and it is very soft, despite two hours of pumping water off. Forecast has changed again with rain extending more to teatime so meeting has been cancelled. No date arranged for replacement meeting as dates are getting scarce with our record this year of 3 meetings on and 3 meetings now rained off. Can't race tomorrow of course because Scunny have their own meeting tomorrow.

See you all next week.

Never sure where the promotion gets its forecast from, but as usual, as soon as its called off, the weather brightens. BBC forecast just about spot on, as was Elliot Hunt. Thought they could have hung on a bit longer, especially as this third call off must be crippling financially, would have left another 5 hours for track preparation.

Never sure where the promotion gets its forecast from, but as usual, as soon as its called off, the weather brightens. BBC forecast just about spot on, as was Elliot Hunt. Thought they could have hung on a bit longer, especially as this third call off must be crippling financially, would have left another 5 hours for track preparation.

Perhaps the damage already caused by the rain meant 5 hours wouldn't have been enough?

Met Office site says rain beyond 3pm until about 4pm, leaving 2 hours for track prep.

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/forecast/gcybsr236#?fcTime=1427587200

Oh yes, leave it a bit longer and have to pay full stadium rent, meaning a bigger clout financially, even if you call it off later.

Edited by Steve Park
  • Like 1

Maybe, worth the effort though don't you think?

Not if they thought they couldn't get the track ready

• Like 1