British Speedway Forum
Shaleshifter

Poole Pirates Vs Belle Vue Aces 29/4/15

Bet Lawson is already booked in for Wolves on Monday and Poole next week!!!!!!!!

Probably only costs a bottle of coke and a packet of cheese and onion crisps!!!!! Because he ain't worth naff all else!!!!!!!!!

Bet Lawson is already booked in for Wolves on Monday and Poole next week!!!!!!!!

Probably only costs a bottle of coke and a packet of cheese and onion crisps!!!!! Because he ain't worth naff all else!!!!!!!!!

It said on Twitter earlier that Lewis Rose guests in place of Paul Starke at Wolves on Monday and it looks like it will be R/R for Magic.

Davey Watt makes his return which away from home makes R/R risky.

Edited by mdmc82

Well done to the Aces on the result but let's not forget how weakened Poole were with injuries. Had home win all over it with a full strength side, but good on the Aces for taking points off our play off rivals.

Edited by stevebrum
  • Like 1

Well done to the Aces on the result but let's not forget how weakened Poole were with injuries. Had home win all over it with a full strength side, but good on the Aces for taking points off our play off rivals.

Wolves will slaughter this rubbish team on Monday!!!!!

Wolves will slaughter this rubbish team on Monday!!!!!

With injuries it is always good to get a chance to take points away from a team that a struggling. Poole have owned Monmore for too many seasons now so I will be happy with any win!

Poole will finish top two, surely its the aces who are your rivals for a place in the playoffs?

IMO Belle Vue are also your play off rivals and with Poole bound to finish in the top 2, you should perhaps not be wishing Belle Vue too many points.

Last Friday's meeting at Lakeside had home win wrote all over it but due to a depleted line up for the hammers, Wolves got a last heat win. Wolves fans celebrated their win so Belle Vue fans deserve to do the same with their draw.

Edited by mdmc82

His EL rolling average dropped last year from 5.64 to 5.53 in an easier format for second strings. His PL average fell from 8.42 to 7.32. As for Belle Vue leaving him without an EL ride, I think you will find it was Richie who wanted a year away.

Having said all of that I think Richie has talent and will improve and Belle Vue have said they anticipate he will be back with the Aces next year. What I am saying now is that there are riders who potentially could guest for Stead who are riding better than Richie at the moment and we should always use the best guest we can get. The club comes before any individual rider.

I shall be delighted if Richie does well tonight but I doubt that many fans would think that on present form PK or Morris are not more likely to score more than Richie at Poole.

You seam to be in the know richie wanted a year away (and go where)richie worrall looked to be coming along nicely until Bellvue got there hands on him look what they did to him lastnight but by the sounds of things he held his own a paid win two re runs and a bit to keen it the tapes he will get the blame for Bellvue not winning and pk or Morris would of scored more if the management would of swaped the team round a bit the result may of been different ?

And then you woke up!!

If you think the current Wolves team are playoff hopefuls - you are dillusional.

And then you woke up!!

If you think the current Wolves team are playoff hopefuls - you are dillusional.

Wolves have started the season well although I would say they look more convincing at Home than away. However I would be concerned that they are only just winning meetings. For example they had to go to a last heat decider at home to Cov & away to Lakeside when both were missing riders. They are not beating teams convincingly.

I think the next couple of weeks will give us a better idea when they Face Swindon &

Poole. If they can pick up away points gainst these teams or win at home without it being down to the wire then I think nobody can rule them out of the play offs.

And then you woke up!!

Really? Not so sure about that. As long as Wells, Lindgren and PK keep up their current form - I can only see improvements from Thorsell and Museilak especially if the team carry some confidence going forward.

• Like 3

You can only ride what's put in front of you Steve, and in that respect the Aces were unlucky not to get the win. Zagar's bike problem and a couple of borderline decisions by Dave Robinson that could have gone the other way.

Too early for Poole to press the panic button though. Missing Magic big time, especially using Lawson as a guest. Just 10 points from Magic (compared to Lawson's 4) would have got us a 12 point win.

Track was poor again with a yard of racing line around the fence. I understand that it was so rough that Kyle snapped a footrest in one race when hitting a rut (bump?). Chris Holders comments at the post match interview spoke (hinted) volumes.

Anyway yet again I have to give congratulations to the visitors for a battling performance. Zagar with a classy pass in heat 15 to get the draw, and probably Craig Cook's best ever performance at Poole in the Elite League.

• Like 9

And we were weakened too having Richie Worrall in only scoring 2 points! Two engine failures in heat 12 & 13 cost us the win.

• Like 4

What's so pleasing about the Elite league this year, is that most teams are capable of taking points off each other....

Gone are the days when most results were fore-most conclusions..... :lol:

• Like 2

You can only ride what's put in front of you Steve, and in that respect the Aces were unlucky not to get the win. Zagar's bike problem and a couple of borderline decisions by Dave Robinson that could have gone the other way.

Too early for Poole to press the panic button though. Missing Magic big time, especially using Lawson as a guest. Just 10 points from Magic (compared to Lawson's 4) would have got us a 12 point win.

Track was poor again with a yard of racing line around the fence. I understand that it was so rough that Kyle snapped a footrest in one race when hitting a rut (bump?). Chris Holders comments at the post match interview spoke (hinted) volumes.

Anyway yet again I have to give congratulations to the visitors for a battling performance. Zagar with a classy pass in heat 15 to get the draw, and probably Craig Cook's best ever performance at Poole in the Elite League.

nice to see an unbiased report from a Poole fan and congratulating Belle Vue. One of Pooles biggest issues is the track and quite clearly it's affecting Holder