British Speedway Forum
Alex2000

Rye House Vs Eastbourne Eagles (nt)

Can't see this anywhere else.... What does anyone think about score ect?

• Like 1

Can't see this anywhere else.... What does anyone think about score ect?

Eastbourne to win by 15 points

Eastbourne to win by 15 points

Would be nice!!! Greenwood makes us stronger

There bound to be on a high after the massive win today couple riders never been there though, ill go for away win 48 42

• Like 1

What a joke at rye yesterday 15 heats of PL and dusty from heat 7 onwards and not just a little bit more like a dust storm in heat 15. Track prep went on and dragged the dry dust on to the blue line on the inside and then watered on top. Heat 1 for NL was a dust machine heat 2 was also a dust bowl and it looks like talks were going on. Heat 3 was no better heat 4 was the same a dust storm. Then billy smarts circus arrived. Like clowns dumped water on turn 1 going in. Then had to cover that up with dry dusty mix. They sorted that problem out even with Dugard helping on a rake. But the dust problem not even been attempted. Next Young silver went round with the water bowser and tried to dampen the straights were the dust was coming from. By this time Len was telling local press that he was the pl track man not the NL track man. Lens killing it for Andrew and killing speedway at Kent. So much damage from one man. Can he not see 30 heats of racing needs more water. He been around far too long. Step to one side Len and give speedway a chance for NL.

• Like 4

Let's show rye house how a meeting is run next week at Eastbourne

Edited by catinthehat
  • Like 1

Apparently Andrew's watering attempts managed to soak Eastbourne supporters. He'll be popular come Sunday at Arlington

Let's show rye house how a meeting is run next week at Eastbourne

Yes we will show them Sunday!! What happened to forum yesterday?

What annoys me about Sunday is am i alone in believing that the Rye House track is simply not able to cope with anything near 30 heats of racing in an afternoon? Generally prior to heat 10 the track is down to its base, the blue or black groove appears and once that happens thats it. I have sat through five hours for a double header before now which is completely unacceptable. All the calls for water during the second meeting were daft as that simply turns the track into a skating rink. We had no speedway one saturday then a double header, it makes no sense,

Bad enough being a Rye supporter to watch that debacle let alone come up from Eastbourne and not see the meeting you came for. Reading the interviews from the local paper is embarrassing with one camp blaming the other and they are Father and Son. Len's comments that he could have fixed it but no one asked him are disgraceful. So much damage has been done to Rye House speedway which also appears to be two clubs rather than one.

I have supported Rye home and away since 1976 but i won't again bother to attend any further double headers. I think Tony Steele who was under a lot of pressure did a great job lets not forget how dangerous the dust became for the riders especially with so many falls and limited visibility for following riders and the ref.

But before the gloating from Eastbourne starts lets never forget the Mr Dugard Snr got the track at a live sky meeting so wrong that it was a great embarrassment to him the club and Sky. So those in glass houses should have longer memories before they cast their stones

What annoys me about Sunday is am i alone in believing that the Rye House track is simply not able to cope with anything near 30 heats of racing in an afternoon? Generally prior to heat 10 the track is down to its base, the blue or black groove appears and once that happens thats it.

Saturday night's track would have held up. Plenty of shale, well watered which made it a little too heavy for the inexperienced riders but they soon got used to it. It was definitely the best track of the three matches even though Len was moaning to Warren about it before the start.

I was amazed on Monday to see the lack of shale that had been there on Saturday although told that none had been taken off.

Saturday night's track would have held up. Plenty of shale, well watered which made it a little too heavy for the inexperienced riders but they soon got used to it. It was definitely the best track of the three matches even though Len was moaning to Warren about it before the start.

I was amazed on Monday to see the lack of shale that had been there on Saturday although told that none had been taken off.

That's because I've been told Saturday nights track was prepared by Andrew not Len, and premier riders that were there asked that the track be prepared the same way on Monday but Len took over and stuffed it up again , let's nog beat around the bush for the sake of that club Len needs to go.

Junior

• Like 1

What annoys me about Sunday is am i alone in believing that the Rye House track is simply not able to cope with anything near 30 heats of racing in an afternoon? Generally prior to heat 10 the track is down to its base, the blue or black groove appears and once that happens thats it. I have sat through five hours for a double header before now which is completely unacceptable. All the calls for water during the second meeting were daft as that simply turns the track into a skating rink. We had no speedway one saturday then a double header, it makes no sense,

Bad enough being a Rye supporter to watch that debacle let alone come up from Eastbourne and not see the meeting you came for. Reading the interviews from the local paper is embarrassing with one camp blaming the other and they are Father and Son. Len's comments that he could have fixed it but no one asked him are disgraceful. So much damage has been done to Rye House speedway which also appears to be two clubs rather than one.

I have supported Rye home and away since 1976 but i won't again bother to attend any further double headers. I think Tony Steele who was under a lot of pressure did a great job lets not forget how dangerous the dust became for the riders especially with so many falls and limited visibility for following riders and the ref.

But before the gloating from Eastbourne starts lets never forget the Mr Dugard Snr got the track at a live sky meeting so wrong that it was a great embarrassment to him the club and Sky. So those in glass houses should have longer memories before they cast their stones

Not sure there is much gloating from Eastbourne fans, We all know tracks can go wrong, even at GP level but it is really annoying when you find that half the problem is political. I got told that the track was prepped for the Premier league match with no thought for the NT meeting and that was by the stadium owner, who seemed completely stunned and upset by the whole thing.

It cost me the best part of £150 to see 5 heats of.....well I was going to say racing but I cant even say that.

The apology on the website does not go far enough. Yes, I am sure they are sorry but I want to see an explanation of what went wrong and why it went wrong and how they are going to overcome it if we come up for the second half of a double header again? Thank god the next one its just us, so I will be back.

For the record, I think the viewing is great. seeing the come out of turn 4 so close to the fence is awesome and I did enjoy the first meeting. Its great to see an in form Ed Kennett as well,

Edited by stevec

That's because I've been told Saturday nights track was prepared by Andrew not Len

Andrew always does the track for the Raiders which is why we've had 2 decent Raiders only meetings. He's done enough training school tracks to know how far to go in terms of rideability for the less experienced riders.

We had a couple of seasons of mainly decent tracks until Len got involved with Kent. I don't think the track will ever be back to its best until they rip up the tarmac & get back to a proper base.

• Like 1