British Speedway Forum
Falcon Hammer

Workington V Rye House 16/05/15

Very strange affair this visa lark, very strange? :unsure:

At least Matty is an experienced rider who should be able to do a good solid job for us in the middle order, couldn't rely on the reserves to keep covering R/R for Rusty, just not scoring well enough to be a long term option?

Don't know if he's kept his eye in racing wise anywhere but hope he can at least hit the ground running "relatively" well and pick up a few points, expect it will take a match or three to get going tho but, in the current marketplace, he's about as good a signing as we could have hoped for!! :t:

Best of luck Matty and a belated welcome to the Comets!! ;)

SO WE WONDER WHY SPEEDWAY GETS no SUPPORT IN THE UK ! .. how can a rule be correct at the start of the season in not allowing matty to ride and then suddenly turn full circle and give him the ok. nothing has changed , matty hasnt ridden any where this season to change the visa issue .

workington now an awful lot weaker than the weakest team in the league. kiss goodbye to ANY sort of silverware and picking up that wooden spoon. i thought our management team were the dogs b//////s , turns out not.

why dont the management try to get campo back in, ?

really disilusioned with the sport right now. looking like i am putting any extra cash i have into paint and materials for the house. stuff the speedway in general . i have now become 1 of the lost supporters (paying wise ) to the uk speedway scene. truly, truly abysmal.

I would imagine that Wethers has been granted 'leave to remain' as his family is here, like Rusty has. Though I maybe totally wrong

i don't think the Workington management team fought matty,s case hard enough initially and failed to push his case . that's my opinion.

So where is the relevance to the Workington v Rye House meeting in this thread. Should it not be renamed 'Matthew Wethers signs for Workington'........? :unsure:

• Like 1

So where is the relevance to the Workington v Rye House meeting in this thread. Should it not be renamed 'Matthew Wethers signs for Workington'........? :unsure:

Ok, I'll make it simple. We're gonna get walloped by 20+

Ok, I'll make it simple. We're gonna get walloped by 20+

Matty will be making his debut in this meeting

Okay, give him a chance to get back to racing speed.

Chris, were going to get walloped by 19. lol :neutral:

Okay, give him a chance to get back to racing speed.

Chris, were going to get walloped by 19. lol :neutral:

Can't see us progressing either way

I would imagine that Wethers has been granted 'leave to remain' as his family is here, like Rusty has. Though I maybe totally wrong

Is that the same as a working visa? Edited by Shads

Chris, leave to remain visa, is a visa allowing a foreign national to stay in the country, work, pay tax etc.. Often used as the final step before becoming UK citizen after neccessary qualifying period. Must spend most of time in UK though, cannot swop between UK and other countries without certain criteria being met.

If Aussie riders have UK families and stay during winter period, can apply after a couple of years here I think.

PS. Are you back for Sunday meeting ?

Edited by bolly

Chris, leave to remain visa, is a visa allowing a foreign national to stay in the country, work, pay tax etc.. Often used as the final step before becoming UK citizen after neccessary qualifying period. Must spend most of time in UK though, cannot swop between UK and other countries without certain criteria being met.

If Aussie riders have UK families and stay during winter period, can apply after a couple of years here I think.

PS. Are you back for Sunday meeting ?

Yeah, that makes sense.

Scheduled to land at Gatwick around 1am Sunday, so a few hours kip and then we'll see you in the pub around midday ;D

Edited by Shads

Haven't noticed how Rye are doing recently but we ourselves aren't exactly setting the World on fire either? :sad:

Assuming no tac rides is still the rule I'm going for a comfortable home win, not by as much as is being predicted but around the 52-38 mark!!

Been rubbish for me so far this year, only seen two meetings and I wont see this either as I'm working so, it's updates again for me!! :sad: