British Speedway Forum
Django

Redcar V Workington Pl 7:30pm

Was going to come over for this but after seeing that we are putting out effectively a 3 man team I'm not going to bother. Kenneth missing again and 2 reserves with zero confidence and R/R means that when we may have been in with a shout of an away win, we are now looking at a straightforward home win. Hope I'm wrong but can't see it.

i know a few who were coming over in cars, but now saying they are not going to part with 16 pounds to see a sadly depleted side. could have had a few points in the bag. but that's out of the window now. maybe a rain off could save the comets an embarrassment. i think even the Redcar fans will be disappointed in this team.. big home win here.

Look up synonyms for disappointment you'll see Redcar Speedway :D Don't see it in the Worky side. Will still be close. Safe journey. PS no rain forecast but it's freezin' here :sad:

A three. man at Redcar this is a joke we will get stuffed workington speedway is going down hill fast unless something is done

If I was a Worky fan I would not write it off just yet - we are not exactly flying ourselves!

In saying that, losing your number 1 is obviously a big blow - especially having to use a NL rider in his place.

A lot will depend on both sets of reserves. Barrett flew round here in the earlier meeting, but Morley and Konopka especially have shown signs of improvement. A good night from either of those should see us win I think.

Is there anyone going to this meeting who would be able to text updates to the Updates site? If so, could you please send me a private message remembering to include your mobile number.

Thanks

that's going to be a tough call sue.

Yep! I'll still try my hardest though, you just never know.

I think has the makings of a really close encounter, prior to Hansen's withdrawal Comets had to be strong favourites, Hansen not riding certainly evens it up and without Graversen you have the uncertainty of what our reserves will do (and that really is anyone's guess) as they will be featuring 11 times !!!

Don't get too downhearted Comets fans - things could be worse - you could be a Bears supporter :wink:

Going to be a tough ask now to get some points with such a depleted side, dont think Redcar are the strongest side we could have met tonight but it should be a home win, not by many tho so I'm going for 48-42 and a point for us!! :t:

Still looking for a texter for this meeting. . can anyone help please?

Thanks

comets updates are also experiencing difficulty in sourcing a texter. could be a bit iffy for meeting txts.

any one i knew that was going, pulled out when they heard about both teams probs..

Edited by jenga
  • Like 1

No offers here either Jenga so could be some frustrated/annoyed/upset away fans.

hmm, shame. we always went to Redcar, but it seems that the pull isn't there any more.

The pull isn't there anymore!, not until the problems at STeMPA are sorted